where's my adb gone :-(

Guest bhu73

I can no longer see my htc desire with adb. Even worse.... I have just installed ubuntu, add a device rules file for htc,,,, and I still can't see it there either. I have tried uninstalling the htc driver and getting windows to "unrecognise" the phone so I can choose the android usb drivers...but it insists on installing the generic htc stuff . I can mount the sd-card and all that on both systems and I have usb debugging enabled. Its the latest modaco rom r8. I have googled around a bit without finding anything useful. So if anyone has any bright ideas, I am all ears!

meh.....a sarcastic Iphone owner asked if I had rebooted the phone...

this resolved the issue for both platforms :huh:

Edited by bhu73

No idea about how to solve your real problem. But you can tell the guy that it works when you hold the phone differently.

No idea about how to solve your real problem. But you can tell the guy that it works when you hold the phone differently.

:huh: wish I had thought of that...but rebooting the phone did solve the problem.

Guest GanjBass
I can no longer see my htc desire with adb. Even worse.... I have just installed ubuntu, add a device rules file for htc,,,, and I still can't see it there either. I have tried uninstalling the htc driver and getting windows to "unrecognise" the phone so I can choose the android usb drivers...but it insists on installing the generic htc stuff . I can mount the sd-card and all that on both systems and I have usb debugging enabled. Its the latest modaco rom r8. I have googled around a bit without finding anything useful. So if anyone has any bright ideas, I am all ears!

this resolved the issue for both platforms :huh:

3 days before i install the new htc sync....

After this i cant go into recovery with AMDesireRecovery.

I think AMDesireRecovery use adb to bush files.

I think is issue with new htc sync and adroid 1.0 driver.

Anyone have the old sync to upload it?