Anyone tried the Laser Keyboard?

Guest daskalos

Guest daskalos

I was hovering along gadgets shop nearby and saw something cool,

I thought it was a portable laser light show, and was surprised, cause it's a laser projection keyboard.

The cool thing was, it has usb and bluetooth connections.

Our device have no problems connecting with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, so I have no doubt it will not work...

The thing is, I'm concerned about user experience.... Anyone have it or tried it? Is it comfortable to use or you can get wrist cramps from it?

Anyway it's a nice thing to make some people green with envy :huh:

laser-keyboard.jpg

Edited by daskalos

Guest Nemesix_

Ik looks great, but does not work. You do not feel the keys beneath your fingers. When you are in a light environment, you do not even see the keys, so you're actually typing blindfolded without a keyboard.

Nice idea, but one that doesn't work.

Guest valcon

Gadget/wow factor: 10/10

Useability factor: 0/0

I tried this gadget several years ago (it is really nothing new, but quite old...), when I was still a hardware editor for several publications, at CeBit. To be honest: it's totally useless. No feedback, only one key at a time, doesn't work in a normal "office-like" environment because of the light.

You'd better spend your money on something usefull.

Just my $0.02.

Guest daskalos

I tried this gadget several years ago (it is really nothing new, but quite old...), when I was still a hardware editor for several publications, at CeBit. To be honest: it's totally useless. No feedback, only one key at a time, doesn't work in a normal "office-like" environment because of the light.

Just my $0.02.

Tried it a while ago :huh:

No feedback?

The model I tested have the clicking sound when touching the "keys"

And typing input was just ok...

Guest greenonion

Just my $0.02.

you said it :huh: