Problems with MCR4

Guest volatile_ink

Guest volatile_ink

I have a Hero on OrangeUK (12 months old), I've been using MCR since day-1. I recently upgraded (after a nandroid and full wipe) to the latest MCR4 ROM.

I'm having two main problems*:

1. Data connections are very flaky... I've tried the JU and PU radios and am having the same issues

- I get a signal for text/calls but don't get any data connections, the phone connects for a few seconds and looses connection.

It's nothing to do with the area as I usually get 3G or EDGE where I am.

2. The phone refuses to work with Blue&Me** which I have updated to v5.5. There were no issues with Paul's 1.5 ROM.

- The phone finds the car and the vehicle connects, when issuing a voice command to the car I get 'Searching for Connection' or 'No Bluetooth Device Found'. The car will usually keep attempting to connect (unrelated, but this affects the issuing of other voice commands and the EcoDrive so not good!).

--------------------------------------------------

Info about my phone:

HTC Hero, OrangeUK, Unlocked, AmonRA's latest image, rooted, Apps to SD, Dalvik on internal memory, MCR4 with Teknologist's Kernel.

If anybody has any advice on how to get these two problems fixed, I'd be very grateful. Otherwise I'll just stick with 1.5 until I can upgrade next September.

*Yes, I know how to search on Google and have done so already.

**Blue&Me is the infotainment system found in Fiat's and Alfa Romeo's

Edited by volatile_ink