Messaging app

Guest jappoman

Guest jappoman

This is the cab of "Omnia 2 messaging manager" (also present in many daskalos rom):

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=61080

but .. it doesn't work ! nothing change when i select "samsung messaging application" (oh, yes, i can't compose new messages anymore :huh:)

soluction ? ;):)

or maybe ...

is there an installable messaging app ?

thx in advice :(:):D

Edited by jappoman

Guest jappoman

ok, not much response :huh:

by the way i will be happy if you exlplain me how to restore the skinned sms app or (just for chefs) leave the samsung sms app in their roms ;)

please write something or i will not test light rom anymore :(:):D !!!

Guest sakisds

Here is a cab for Samsung SMS-MMS, tested on 6.5.3. Install it, use messaging manager to enable it and you will have your mms composer. If you want the hole sms skinned apps, you will have to edit your start menu shortcut to run 'jinbox.exe' and not 'tmail.exe'. Or maybe you can have two shortcuts like I do :huh:

For the cab you can thank daskalos, I found it in one of his threads.

Samsung_SMS_MMS_for_6.5.x.cab

Guest sakisds
i've already tried that cab .... and that other: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=50102 to change the stat menu shortcut .. but nothing, now the sms app does not open anymore ... is there a similar cab for wm 6.5 ?

thx for the replay :huh:

I will check but I don't think I have anything. The cab I posted above is the only one that worked for me :/

Guest yamajiang

samsung SMS-MMS interface is one of the worst SMS app i ever use because of the super poor performance. we switch from Full ROM to experiment or megalite is mainly because of it. That is also the reason why people create Omnia 2 messaging manager to avoid using Samsung SMS-MMS apps.

Guest jappoman

About the performance .. it's true ! i can't say anything different ... but the default wm sms app isn't finger frendly at all !!! :huh:

Is there any alternative ?

Guest Freezy1982
About the performance .. it's true ! i can't say anything different ... but the default wm sms app isn't finger frendly at all !!! :huh:

Is there any alternative ?

Have you tried VITO SMS Chat?