Root > Unroot, serial number, phone state

Guest probe85

Guest probe85

Hi to all the people of the forum, i'm a new user of htc desire, i come from a good experience with samsung omnia i900, and i love to mod my phone.

My question i think is very simple for people who already do Rooting and also have changed rom with a custom from modaco on their desire.

When i unroot my phone with the procedure of this Post: http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...our-htc-desire/

all the data like IMEI, Serial number return like the original one?

And also, if i unroot my phone with a common RUU i can receive in a future the OTA upgrades?

I want to make this decision to root my phone reversible...

Thank you very much for your reply

Roberto

Guest EddyOS

None of that is changed when rooting anyway so it's irrelevant. It's important to make sure the ROM your phone comes with is actually available as an RUU as if not you won't be able to go back to stock for warranty reasons...where did you get the Desire from? Post the ROM details if you can (go to Settings>About phone>Software information)

Edited by EddyOS

Guest probe85

Hi EddyOS, thank you very much for your fast reply, so this is all the data of my phone:

Android Version:

2.2 (when i buy the phone 3 weeks ago is 2.1)

Baseband Version:

32.43.00.32U_5.09.00.20

Kernel Version:

2.6.32.15-gf9c0527

htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Build Number:

2.09.405.8 CL218634 release-keys

Software number:

Versione browser

Webkit 3.1

You know what is the correct RUU to restore my original phone state?

My phone is Italian no brand.

Many thanks

Roberto

Guest probe85

Thank you, i've found the file at this link:

LINK

Now i check for the downgrade, i've found also the topic in xda forum!

I'm happy to find people like you, thank you EddyOS! :huh:

This bad boy!!

http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Bravo/RUU_...0022_signed.exe - Link maybe down but keep trying, it comes back up again

BUT!!!

You'll need to downgrade your HBOOT as the new 0.92 hasn't been hacked yet...go over to XDA and search there and you'll find how to do it

i have 0.80 bootloader and i cant use any ruus. is it because i have 0.80 and if i downgrade it will it work after?

i was also wondering if talk talk was free as ive googled it and cant seem to find an answer. im assuming it uses ur internet. but wot if u have to pay for internet would it still be free??