Dell customer service warning if your over 28 days with your Streak

Guest Dogmann55

Guest yosemite-sam
Hi yosemite-sam,

Thanks for your comments and sorry to hear your still having problems but for me if i now get an unlocked Streak and can use my Voda Sim in it which comes with 1GB of Data per month i will just use the 02 Sim to stream TV and download large files when i don't expect phone calls late at night. The thing is for me i still much prefer the Streaks larger screen to my Galaxy S and despite it being Super AMOLED i still think the Streaks screen is better plus having used 2.1 on the Galaxy I'm still quite happy using the 1.6 on the Streak and most probably will do so until Froyo 2.2 comes out for it especially after reading about the widget and layout changes on 2.1 on the Streak. I'm also pretty sure i will also get a better price for selling the Galaxy then i would for the Streak.

Marc

Cheers mate, the warning is mainly about this 28 days, because after that we just get refurbs unless like in your case they see sense and do the right thing. in my case ive also put in a complaint to o2 about getting 2nd hand devices that probably didnt even get repaired. heck theres probably some one reading this thinking that guys got my faulty streak that i sent back to o2!

Since this is my 3rd month of a 2 year contract ive been left well and truely vexed. The device when working is great bar that 2.1 pile of poo. I know I know theyll fix that sometime but this hasnt been a great android start for me. Take care of yours and enjoy it.

Guest Dogmann55

Hi yosemite-sam

Well to be honest I'm shocked to hear you have experienced similar problems but with 02 I really thought many of my problems were down to the fact I bought mine from CPW and not 02 directly to be honest I think most Networks send out refurbished units although a lot of the time on very new devices they don't have any I don't think its right and of course don't like but there isn't much we can do about it. In theory if its been refurbished properly it shouldn't make a difference and should be unnoticeable I think the only reason I have now got a new unit coming and possibly an unlocked one at that is due to the fact it been 30 days without one and the unit they sent me had damage to it. But i must admit after all this I won't use 02 or CPW for anything ever again that's for sure that's why I'm really hoping the unit I get is unlocked so I can use the Voda Sim in it and just burn the 3GB a month Data allowance from 02 so they don't get my money for nothing. I hope you can work things out and also wish you all the best and hope this doesn't put you off Android for good although i must say it does seem like far to many of us have had problems with our Streaks and that really doesn't fill me with confidence maybe i won't sell the Galaxy after all and I'm going to have to think about what i do next very carefully.

Marc

Guest yosemite-sam

I have complained to O2 but on the whole they themselves have been great. Bizarre as it seems Im actually glad im with O2 while im having problems as they have been as dismayed as myself with this mess. Between O2 Wimbledon and Customer Services as well as their Tech lot, theyve been genuinely trying to help and have only ever been polite and helpful.

my issue is with the repair firm. I blame them for all this.

Guest Dogmann55

Hi yosemite-sam

Well at least with 02 it seems your Streak doesn't have to go on any foreign travels to get fixed, my issue with 02 was although i have a two year contract with them and direct billing with them as well as having an 02 exclusive device that is branded and locked to 02 because i bought it from their sales partner for the Streak CPW they wanted nothing to do with it unless of course i had purchased their IMO rip off insurance and i really don't think that comes even close to being acceptable.

My grievance with CPW is again they were happy to sell me the Streak on launch even though i was misled into believing it was Sim Free as in unlocked and not branded but again because i hadn't purchased their rip off Insurance and was past 28 days said they couldn't repair or replace it and that i had to deal with Dell which led me to wonder why I bothered buying it from CPW at all.

These points i explained and raised with Dell and also may be factor as to why hopefully i am now getting an unlocked unbranded Streak and i did actually ask for an unlocked unbranded version as a good will gesture and as some form of compensation for my experiences. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do re selling or keeping the Streak but am likely to sell the 32GB SDHC card to recoup some money seeing as they are worth so much at the moment and don't really think i need more than 16GB anyway. I can use this money to offset some of the cost of the Galaxy S whilst i decide if I'm going to keep both or which one I'm going to sell.

Actually i have to say whilst both 02 and CPW for me were of no help at all every one of the Dell customer support team i have talked to in Texas have always been understanding and as helpful as they could be its just a shame that whatever they tried to do never seemed to be actioned but at least i seem to of got their in the end and hopefully they may now improve their system.

Now before anyone starts having a go and saying Insurance isn't a rip off well that is just MO and seeing as i have owned mobiles since they first launched in the UK and never yet lost or destroyed any i can safely say even if i do now the money i have saved not paying IMO unnecessary insurance more then makes up for it.

I've also today received another E-Mail confirming my order is being processed and tracking and its due to arrive on the 13th September which thankfully isn't a Friday LOL.

Marc

Edited by Dogmann55

Guest yosemite-sam

my 2nd Streak went back today and so I have to wait again. O2 sent me a sms about my complaint but as yet no one called...

I have o2 insurance ouchy i know, i was the same with my iphone too even tho i never claimed on it. its more peace of mind for when things get broken. lol 2 non working streaks dont count I was told that if i broke it as in dropped it then it would be covered!

3 chargers, 2 batteries, 1 sd card but no phone! lmao Dell act like those chargers are gold dust at the prices they sell em. atleast O2 dont blink and just send out replacements.

Edited by yosemite-sam

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

Well in a surprise turn of events i just checked my tracking number and my Streak has left Enfield on its way to me so that means i should have it today and it looks like I'm going to receive it 4 days earlier than expected and a real surprise i have to admit I'm actually very excited as much as i have enjoyed using my Galaxy S its no Streak and i chose the Streak for many reasons none of which have changed and I'm looking forward to comparing them to each other especially the screens. All i need to see now is if it is unlocked as i hope and then decide if i want to stay with 1.6 or not until 2.2 arrives.

Marc

Guest spences10
my problem is this one is virgin clean, oh boy did i smile seeing it! but the battery that came with it wont charge at all just displays the caution triangle with a pic of the 30 pin connector, like i dont know that its meant to be plugged in! (yes it was lol)

the old battery is now on 4% and im not sure it will last much longer. I wanted it charged before rooting and backing up.

I left it with O2 last monday, they gave me back the back cover, sd card, battery & charger. I opted to have the repair center (anovo uk) send it back to me direct rather than collecting it in store. this morning it arrived by DHL with a letter to say they aim to fix in 7 days and cause they couldnt they were giving me a new one with battery. shame they didnt throw in a charger!

So it was 9 days from handing it in to getting a replacement, quite good compared to the Transylavian mob. but it did look like it had the wolfman buff it up nice and shiny :P

And so I wait for O2 to send me a new charger to go with my new streak...lol

Got my streak back from repair on Tuesday - the delivery not said that they couldnt repair it within seven days so they have replaced the handset> new handset,battery & backplate

I too got the caution sign when trying to charge my streak yosemite-sam, to get around this I turned on the device [with 1% battery!!] and once it booted then plugged in the charger, no issues as yet but i have noticed when the device is off i get the caution sign verry odd - how did you go about getting a new charger?

Hi all,

Well after another couple of E-Mails to Dell Executive Customer Support i at last feel like i have got some where with them as in response to my last E-Mail i received both an E-Mail and a phone call as they now want to send me a Streak Carbon Black or Red 32GB and just needed confirmation of acceptance which i did for a Black Streak whilst on the phone and again via E-Mail and am at last feeling a little happier. Although no one should have to go threw the process i have had to endure at least this now goes some way to compensating me for what i have had to go through. On the upside not only should i receive a extra 16GB of storage but I'm guessing it may also be unlocked which could be very useful as if it is i can then consider selling my Galaxy S and use my Voda Sim as well as my 02 Sim in it. Now i have just got to wait and see how long it takes for my new Streak to arrive but to be honest I'm not expecting it any faster then 7-10 days hopefully this will be the end of it and the next post will confirm I've received it at.

Marc

Congratulations on getting youre streak sorted out Dogmann55 its good to see a happy'ish ending

Moral of the story 'Never get a phone from the Carphone Whore House' as my wife always says due to previous dealing with them.

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

Well yes it has indeed all turned OK in the end although i wouldn't want to have to go through that month of hell again over something so simple really but my new Unlocked Unbranded 32GB Carbon Black Streak has arrived and yes at last I'm happy again and do feel the extra storage and the fact I've escaped the clutches of 02 do indeed compensate me for everything. Now i can spend the rest of the day relaxed installing all my apps and setting everything up the way i want pictures to follow. I know its only been a matter of minutes but i have already decided the Galaxy S is going to be sold it just doesn't come close to the Streak and its much larger screen as i still feel the Streak is by far the best smart phone available for me and i don't think I'm going to bother with 2.1 for now either.

Marc

Guest yosemite-sam
Hi all,

Well yes it has indeed all turned OK in the end although i wouldn't want to have to go through that month of hell again over something so simple really but my new Unlocked Unbranded 32GB Carbon Black Streak has arrived and yes at last I'm happy again and do feel the extra storage and the fact I've escaped the clutches of 02 do indeed compensate me for everything. Now i can spend the rest of the day relaxed installing all my apps and setting everything up the way i want pictures to follow. I know its only been a matter of minutes but i have already decided the Galaxy S is going to be sold it just doesn't come close to the Streak and its much larger screen as i still feel the Streak is by far the best smart phone available for me and i don't think I'm going to bother with 2.1 for now either.

Marc

Great news mate, Im very happy for you. I bet you feel lighter too! All that stress is good for no one.

with regards to my 3 chargers lol? I contacted Customer services and explained my fault and said Id like to be sure my hand set was faulty before losing my unit for another repair vacation. so could they send me a replacement charger to check, the chargers came in 3 days.

Guest yosemite-sam

so it ends how it began, my brand new streak arrived today. Thank you O2 for doing the right thing, even though I was just over a month, having insurance should have meant a new replacement in the beginning.

they would have avoided turning me into a dell streak accessories shop if they had the first time lol

Guest spences10
so it ends how it began, my brand new streak arrived today. Thank you O2 for doing the right thing, even though I was just over a month, having insurance should have meant a new replacement in the beginning.

they would have avoided turning me into a dell streak accessories shop if they had the first time lol

Did you manage to get a new charger cable? How did you get a new one?

Thanks.

Guest yosemite-sam
Did you manage to get a new charger cable? How did you get a new one?

Thanks.

Yes I did, but this was related to my streak not charging at all so it was as useful as a chocolate teapot! I called customer services and told them i was asked to return the handset but I requested a new charger from their repair dept so i could test it without having to return the handset again. They sent me some but that didnt fix it, so off it went again and I got really vexed.

I now need a desktop charger to charge all these spare batteries, I suppose I could leave a charger in each room just to be lazy too lol

Edited by yosemite-sam

Guest spences10
Yes I did, but this was related to my streak not charging at all so it was as useful as a chocolate teapot! I called customer services and told them i was asked to return the handset but I requested a new charger from their repair dept so i could test it without having to return the handset again. They sent me some but that didnt fix it, so off it went again and I got really vexed.

I now need a desktop charger to charge all these spare batteries, I suppose I could leave a charger in each room just to be lazy too lol

LOL - yeah, was just wondering about getting a new data cabe without paying £23 or whatever it is

Did I tell you that i had the same caution sign when i got my streak back from repair? I just turned it on with out the charger waited for it to boot then plugged the charger in after it booted

Guest yosemite-sam
LOL - yeah, was just wondering about getting a new data cabe without paying £23 or whatever it is

Did I tell you that i had the same caution sign when i got my streak back from repair? I just turned it on with out the charger waited for it to boot then plugged the charger in after it booted

Im glad your was just minor! I nearly went bald trying out different combinations between all 3 chargers and 2 batteries. this included trying via usb on my powerbook and pc. i did try without a battery but still had a caution sign but mine was the picture of the 30pin connector with a red ? and a yellow caution triangle.

Guest spences10
Im glad your was just minor! I nearly went bald trying out different combinations between all 3 chargers and 2 batteries. this included trying via usb on my powerbook and pc. i did try without a battery but still had a caution sign but mine was the picture of the 30pin connector with a red ? and a yellow caution triangle.

Yeah, i had that one too SCARY!!

I eather swapped batteries or turned on the handset before plugging the charger in

Guest yosemite-sam
Yeah, i had that one too SCARY!!

I eather swapped batteries or turned on the handset before plugging the charger in

im just glad my lucky dip test worked, placed hand in jiffy bag and pulled out any charger and any battery and its now charging fine lol

I might be in the market for an hdmi dock if anyone wants to swap lmao people already have eyes for my spare 16gb sd card so i dont think i'll have that for swaps lol

Edited by yosemite-sam

Guest popetodd

My turn now, the menu capacitive button stopped working yesterday.

The home and back buttons are working great but the menu button just won't work any more.

A factory reset did not fix it so off to Anovo it went this morning. :lol:

I feel nekkid without my streak.

Edited by popetodd