Weird Acer Liquid keyboard

Guest Morris Lee

Guest Morris Lee

BHey, I got my liquid e about afew days ago, I find thar it is hard to use the keys as the key q and p appears to be wider than the rest of the keys makes me accidently press on them instead of w and o.

I managed to install the keyboard for nexus one but that one seem to crash constantly with notepad software, betterkeyboard s not any better in my opinion, ideas anyone?

Morris

Guest Delnar_Ersike

I've tried SlideIT and though it's cool, I type slower with it than with a "normal" keyboard. I used AnySoftKeyboard for a long time simply because it was the only keyboard with a Hungarian language option (though I lived in the US for 14 years and was born there as well, all my friends and acquaintances are Hungarian, so I almost always use Hungarian when writing SMS-es). However, I've grown to like HTC_IME, mostly because it's included with all custom ROMs, doesn't clog up your notification bar like AnySoftKeyboard, and has the option to use the volume up and volume down keys to move the cursor left and right.

... and has the option to use the volume up and volume down keys to move the cursor left and right.

its a really useful feature and if u get used to it then its hard to type without it... i used swiftkey for some time today, and although it was nice, it was not as refined as htc_ime, which is perfectly fine since it's still in beta... so for the time being, im back to htc ime.

Guest Morris Lee

Sweet guys, thanks for that link! :huh: I did try the HTC_IME once, but the one I downloaded could not install, this one works perfectly, does no crash either! This is perfect!!

Morris Lee

Guest PhilNelwyn
SlideIT is NOWHERE close to how accurate and refined Swype is. I use swype sometimes, but mostly i use htc_ime

Yeah, I'd like so much to have Swype (and french dictionary).

Please, do you know where and how I could get it ?

...waiting for awesome Blindtype to be available.

Yeah, I'd like so much to have Swype (and french dictionary).

Please, do you know where and how I could get it ?

...waiting for awesome Blindtype to be available.

sorry but the forum forbids from hosting or providing links to swype... too bad!!

Guest PhilNelwyn
sorry but the forum forbids from hosting or providing links to swype... too bad!!

I think you did not understand me.

You can tell me where to legally get Swype with french dictionary if it exists (their website ? the market ?), that's what I was asking for, not for a link or host.

Anyway, don't answer cause I was not really asking for it, I have to admit it was just an ironic reply to dennerjw cause I know I can't get it, so to me, as refined and accurate Swype could be, there's no point in comparing it to SlideIt wich is the better sliding virtual keyboard available to me (and a lot of people) so far, and that doesn't mean it's particularly good. :huh:

Edited by PhilNelwyn

Guest Delnar_Ersike
So how much would it cost to get swype? Legally?how much do i have to pay and when does it release?

Morris Lee

Currently, it is not out yet for most devices. There was a Closed Beta in June (I think), but they aren't sending out any more new invites. IIRC, Swype comes preloaded on the Samsung Galaxy S.

As for the second part of the question, here's a quote from the Swype Beta FAQ:

How can I buy Swype? / When will Swype be on the Android market?

We have considered a direct-download sales model, but there are two challenges to that approach:

1. Customer Support. Providing Swype users with the level of professional support they deserve is a priority for us. We're still a small (but quickly growing!) company, and we don't have the resources necessary to support a full end-user sales model. It is much more efficent for us to focus on improving Swype and to partner with large organizations like Samsung and T-Mobile who already have customer support structures in place.
  2. Device integration. Swype isn't just an app; it's a keyboard - the most widely used piece of software on a device. It interacts with nearly every single application on the phone. As such, it's more like a system component than an application. For each device release we do a tremendous amount of testing and we *always* find issues due to the varying components - the OS version, the device hardware, the OEM UI implementation, etc. In addition, some features can't be implemented without an OEM's engineering assistance. We end up doing a large amount of work on each device to be sure that you have a great experience entering text using Swype.
So, we appreciate your enthusiasm, but we are not ready to do direct-downloads at this time.

Please do not hesitate to email us your thoughts on this or any other matter, we always want to hear from you!

However, the unofficial petition in the Swype Forums to get Swype onto the Android Marketplace currently has more than 2000 votes, more than 750 supporters, and is the 2nd highest ranked thread besides Swype for Bada OS (Bada? Really? There's only one Bada device out right now, they haven't even got the app market finished yet last I heard, and already people want Swype for the Bada OS?!).

Edited by Delnar_Ersike

• 1 month later...
Guest Morris Lee
Currently, it is not out yet for most devices. There was a Closed Beta in June (I think), but they aren't sending out any more new invites. IIRC, Swype comes preloaded on the Samsung Galaxy S.

As for the second part of the question, here's a quote from the Swype Beta FAQ:

However, the unofficial petition in the Swype Forums to get Swype onto the Android Marketplace currently has more than 2000 votes, more than 750 supporters, and is the 2nd highest ranked thread besides Swype for Bada OS (Bada? Really? There's only one Bada device out right now, they haven't even got the app market finished yet last I heard, and already people want Swype for the Bada OS?!).

So my bro just got a galaxy s vibrant, if I extract the keyboard apk, will ot work on my liquid? Seems like I can't share it to you guys even if I did extract it :)

Guest thedicemaster
So my bro just got a galaxy s vibrant, if I extract the keyboard apk, will ot work on my liquid? Seems like I can't share it to you guys even if I did extract it :)

most likely not.

the swype team claims that all pre-installed versions of swype are modified and optimized for the phone it's used on.

Guest Morris Lee
most likely not.

the swype team claims that all pre-installed versions of swype are modified and optimized for the phone it's used on.

HAHA, just tried it and it doesn't work, keeps on crashing, but I just downloaded a copy which is just slightly older than the one on the galaxy, works fine at the moment, looks exactly the same

Morris Lee

Guest Morris Lee
Well both Galaxy S and Liquid have 800x480 resolutions so it should work.

Nope, it just keeps on force close, I am using froyo, could it be that problem I don't know but I have 1.61.37.8128 and the one on the Galaxy S is 1.61.37.8506, so not much difference.

Morris Lee

Guest Morris Lee
Nope, it just keeps on force close, I am using froyo, could it be that problem I don't know but I have 1.61.37.8128 and the one on the Galaxy S is 1.61.37.8506, so not much difference.

Morris Lee

Actually, I take it back, the one on Galaxy S has looks almost like iphone one(except with different color theme)