Download Speed vs Upload Speed

Guest kevin5059

Guest kevin5059

Hi all,

I just install the Speedtest.net app into my HTC desire. And I found out something that make me feel uncomfortable. Each time when I'm using my network data to check my phone's upload and download speed, my Download Speed will be slower than my Upload Speed.

Example:

1) When using the signal "G" indoor

I got Download = 18 kbps upload = 28kbps

2) When using signal "G" outdoor

Download = 17 Kbps upload= 31 kbps

3) when using signal "H" outdoor

Download = 162 Kbps upload = 1406 kbps

I'm using Vodafone UK and I had put in the generic version of HTC ROM in my phone. Android 2.2...

I do remember it used to hit Download = 1.2 Mbps before i use the generic version software with signal "3G".. I though signal "H" should be faster than "3G"?? and my desire now is unable to use 3G but it will switch to "H" immediately everytime i trying to use a mobile internet.

advise anyone?? thank.

Guest xTc is loVe

Look at your Wifi Connection Upload is always lower then Download this is normal at the internet. Because if download u can download from many sources an if u upload u upload only from your source ;-)

Thats not an explanation, you basically said the opposite of that he was asking and he info is wrong anyway.

Not sure why this happens with mobile broadband really, its the same for me, but the difference is less.

Guest airwave88

Reading from the SD card (as when uploading) is always faster than writing to the SD card (as when downloading). With a fast SD card it shouldn't matter anyway (the read & write speeds should be higher than the data upload/download, so the card shouldn't be a bottleneck).

My two cents...

Guest Graffen

Looks more like speedtest.net app is mixing up the download speed and upload speed. Try uninstalling and re-installing the app. Your speeds look fine, just seems like the labels are being mixed up.