3g not working

Guest greves1

Guest greves1

I am running the rooted froyo ota. I'm not sure if it has been this way the whole time (it is possible that i never noticed in the past week or so because i rarely use 3g internet), but i just noticed that my 3g internet connection just isn't working. i tried flashing the latest radio already, but that won't fix it. i feel like there is a real simple solution here, but i just don't know what it is. i obviously tried turning on and off the data connection in settings. what are the common reasons for this problem? any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Guest wiggy6230

Hi,

You may need to check your APN are present & correct after the root, they should be.

Look in, Settings/ Wireless & Networks/ Mobile Networks/ Access Point Names and within there you should have Internet/WAP and MMS settings for your network provider.

If there is settings there, it would be best to check these are correct by comparing with settings online.

If not you can try pressing menu followed by Rest to Default, or look the setting up on line or finally calling up your Service Provider and ask them to send a settings message containing Internet/WAP and MMS settings.

Hope this helps.

Doug

Guest greves1

Thanks. I tried resetting the APN to default settings. Nothing shows up in the window when I go to APN settings, but i don't think i ever went there before to see what it looked like when 3g was working. Should there be something in there when i click on it? I never had to enter any settings in the first place though. Anything else I can try??? please help!!!

i installed those neat little notification icons that got posted up on the forum here a day or so ago, could that have anything to do with it?

Edited by greves1

Guest wiggy6230
Thanks. I tried resetting the APN to default settings. Nothing shows up in the window when I go to APN settings, but i don't think i ever went there before to see what it looked like when 3g was working. Should there be something in there when i click on it? I never had to enter any settings in the first place though. Anything else I can try??? please help!!!

i installed those neat little notification icons that got posted up on the forum here a day or so ago, could that have anything to do with it?

Hi,

There is a chance that those neat little notification icons wiped your APN list. In the APN setting on your phone it should at least list your Internet and MMS settings.

I think the easiest thing you could do is call your network provider and ask for the setting for WAP/Internet and MMS to be sent to your phone, this way you get the exact right settings required. Then get a nice little app called APN BackUp & Restore.

Hope this helps,

Doug