Bootloop! HELP Can't boot my HTC Desire into Recovery

Guest s60mike

Guest s60mike

Yesterday I've pushed a modded widget via adb into my HTC Desire. After that I've only got Bootloops. The only Thing I see is the HTC Logo -> black screen -> HTC Logo :-(

I'm gonna tell you what I found out til now:

* The Desire isn't found on a mac and also not found on a WinXP Maschine :-(

Adb in Windows shows: Device not found but everything is installed correctly and made twice to check if something was wrong

The Mac shows: "New Network found". This message never shown before when I connected the Desire via USB

* Vol down on switching on works and I can see fastboot etc.

* Choose Recovery also works and I can see the red triangle

* Pushing Vol+ and Power in Recovery brings me only to a "not known recovery with blue text":

20100829_004w6fq.jpg

* Pushing "update.zip" in this recovery shows only this and reboots into the bootloop after few seconds:

20100829_006wuhq.jpg

What can I do? Any chance to bring my Desire back to live?

Guest Kiran J. Holla
Yesterday I've pushed a modded widget via adb into my HTC Desire. After that I've only got Bootloops. The only Thing I see is the HTC Logo -> black screen -> HTC Logo :-(

I'm gonna tell you what I found out til now:

* The Desire isn't found on a mac and also not found on a WinXP Maschine :-(

Adb in Windows shows: Device not found but everything is installed correctly and made twice to check if something was wrong

The Mac shows: "New Network found". This message never shown before when I connected the Desire via USB

* Vol down on switching on works and I can see fastboot etc.

* Choose Recovery also works and I can see the red triangle

* Pushing Vol+ and Power in Recovery brings me only to a "not known recovery with blue text":

20100829_004w6fq.jpg

* Pushing "update.zip" in this recovery shows only this and reboots into the bootloop after few seconds:

20100829_006wuhq.jpg

What can I do? Any chance to bring my Desire back to live?

It appears to me that you don't have the ClockworkMod Recovery on your SD Card. Hence, when you select "Apply update.zip" on your blue console, nothing happens.

Try following these steps detailed in the fake-flash thread. Basically, you will have to download the update.zip provided there and copy it onto your SD Card. Once that is done, you should be able to launch recovery following the steps you have already mentioned.

Regards,

Kiran