A2SD+

Guest Matt Ots

Guest Matt Ots

I've been running r5 for a couple of months now. I baked in A2SD+ but I recently noticed that my internal storage is getting very low, which as I understand it shouldn't be happening if A2SD+ is working properly. Quick System Info shows that I've used 170MB of the available 458MB A2SD storage, but there is only 26.48MB Internal storage free out of a 148MB total.

Am I right in thinking that the internal storage shouldn't have gone down if I'm using A2SD+? If so, why might it not be working? And if I update to r8 and select A2SD+ how can I get it working with the new rom?

Guest gregDT
I've been running r5 for a couple of months now. I baked in A2SD+ but I recently noticed that my internal storage is getting very low, which as I understand it shouldn't be happening if A2SD+ is working properly. Quick System Info shows that I've used 170MB of the available 458MB A2SD storage, but there is only 26.48MB Internal storage free out of a 148MB total.

Am I right in thinking that the internal storage shouldn't have gone down if I'm using A2SD+? If so, why might it not be working? And if I update to r8 and select A2SD+ how can I get it working with the new rom?

Even with A2SD+ installed there will be a reduction in the amount of internal memory. Stuff still gets written to that memory regardless. However 26 meg does seem a little low. I once discovered that I had an app that was set to store data to the internal memory even though it was installed on the SD card itself. It seemed to be ignoring AP2SD+ and obeying the way it was set up. It's a pain but if you search through your apps settings might find a 3rd party photo app or similar that's eating internal memory in this way ?

Guest Benjamin120

i have the same problem.

My internal space is something about 30 mb und i think that's not that much

edit: ok i have fix the problem. I flashed again and now i have 133mb free space.

Edited by Benjamin120

Guest Matt Ots

Hmmm... I just had a look at what's actually in the 'data' folder on the internal storage - it contains an 'Applications' folder that's 208MB in total and which contains a folder for each of the apps I have installed, each containing the apk and data. This seems wrong to me - I thought at the very least the apk was supposed to be on the SD card with A2SD+ (or even normal A2SD)?

Is there a way (using terminal, for example) that I can check what's being stored on the SD card apps partition just for comparison?