Change slide to unlock screen?

Guest Jamien

Guest Jamien

I've had a look at a few apps available, but most of them just plain don't work with my phone.

I'm trying to get a horizontal slide to unlock, preferably like this:

img9563g.jpg

Does anyone know how I could change it to something like that?

I'm getting really sick of the slide down to unlock as I quite often pull my phone out of my pocket to find it unlocked and dialling some random number, or in a game or some such.

I've tried using the unlock pattern, but it's a massive pain in the ass having to unlock twice as I'm quite often locking and unlocking the phone a lot in a short period of time (eg - Unlocking as I walk away from my desk to put music on, locking to put back in my pocket, unlocking when someone starts bugging me, locking again, etc).

Apologies if this has already been answered >_<

Guest loakyj

I'm sure it's an option in the kitchen for MCR R8 and probably other releases too, it's the Android lockscreen you want, you've got the HTC one. Though be careful I think it's a bit of a pain if you use alarms and there might be other quirks. I'm sure others will explain the quirks better than me.

Guest irishandrew
Widgetlocker emulates that lock screen with a couple of extras too if needed

I second widget locker as mentioned above $1.99 on the market I believe. Ditching the sense lock screen through the kitchen or ADB is a free option, but it will break other sense things (particularly the alarm and stopping it from ringing etc.).

This app also allows you to display widgets on your lock screen, negating the need to unlock if that so pleases you. Not my cup of tea, but i did try it over the market places trial period and it worked well.

-Andrew.

Guest rottenmonkey

become a member and bake the r8 custom rom without the htc lockscreen added thus leaving the stock lockscreen which is in your picture. That is what mines running. be aware though the stock alarm clock is affected. ive just downloaded another 3rd party alarm from the market.

***My bad, just noticed tou already are a paid member with access to the onlone kitchen.***

Like i said there is an option when you back to disable the htc lockscreen on the R8 kitchen.

hope this helps

Edited by rottenmonkey

Guest FatherD
I've had a look at a few apps available, but most of them just plain don't work with my phone.

I'm trying to get a horizontal slide to unlock, preferably like this:

img9563g.jpg

Does anyone know how I could change it to something like that?

I'm getting really sick of the slide down to unlock as I quite often pull my phone out of my pocket to find it unlocked and dialling some random number, or in a game or some such.

I've tried using the unlock pattern, but it's a massive pain in the ass having to unlock twice as I'm quite often locking and unlocking the phone a lot in a short period of time (eg - Unlocking as I walk away from my desk to put music on, locking to put back in my pocket, unlocking when someone starts bugging me, locking again, etc).

Apologies if this has already been answered >_<

If you want o remove the HTC lock screen without reflashing etc, you wold need to use ADB.

BACK UP USING NANDROID OR SIMILAR BEFORE

go to your /AndroidSDK folder then /tools

open a command/terminal window there and issue:

adb mount /system

adb rm /system/app/HtcLockScreen.*

adb reboot

that should remove the slide-down lock screen leaving you with the side-slide default one!

Hope this helps

Guest Jamien
become a member and bake the r8 custom rom without the htc lockscreen added thus leaving the stock lockscreen which is in your picture. That is what mines running. be aware though the stock alarm clock is affected. ive just downloaded another 3rd party alarm from the market.

I think I may have to do this.

I currently use Kaloer as my clock, which comes with an alarm so I should be right for that. Would use the default clock if only you could change the colour.

Maybe I'm over simplifying but why front you just put it on your pocket with the other way round?

I don't like having the screen facing outwards because if something hits my pocket then it will hit the casing/battery area.

Plus, even taking it out of my pocket I have a habit of gripping it by the bottom of the device and spinning it so it's the right way up, which occasionally unlocks it.

If you want o remove the HTC lock screen without reflashing etc, you wold need to use ADB.

BACK UP USING NANDROID OR SIMILAR BEFORE

go to your /AndroidSDK folder then /tools

open a command/terminal window there and issue:

adb mount /system

adb rm /system/app/HtcLockScreen.*

adb reboot

that should remove the slide-down lock screen leaving you with the side-slide default one!

Hope this helps

Unfortunately I tried that yesterday, got a permissions error when trying to delete the file ;)

Thanks for your responses, much appreciated! :huh:

-edit

Just figured out how to remove the htclockscreen.apk file, turns out I dislike the default unlock screen even more than the HTC one!

May need to try WidgetLocker >_<

Edited by Jamien

Guest FatherD
Unfortunately I tried that yesterday, got a permissions error when trying to delete the file :huh:

You will get permissions problems if you are not running as Root/Admin depending which OS you are using!