greek language

Guest redribo

Guest redribo

hi everybody,

i got a pulse from a friend from huawei greece and i manage to update it from 1.5 to tre 2.1 version,

but there is no greek for menu and writting,where i can find greek language and how install it?

what is ap2sd app,everybody want to install it,what is the benefit of this app?

what is the benefits of custom rom over official rom?

thank you

Guest twrock
hi everybody,

i got a pulse from a friend from huawei greece and i manage to update it from 1.5 to tre 2.1 version,

but there is no greek for menu and writting,where i can find greek language and how install it?

thank you

A simple solution for your missing Greek language support is to install "MoreLocale" from the Market. It has Greek.

Apps2sd (a2sd) is part of most of the modified ROM's if implemented correctly, it will allow your applications to be installed on your SD card, saving space in your phone's memory, making the amount of apps you can install almost "unlimited". (Of course there are always limits, but that number is very high with a2sd.) And that is one of the huge benefits of a custom ROM.

hi everybody,

thank you

Hi, i think so you need to install the MoreLocale 2 from the Android Market, and setup the greek language.

Guest redribo

thank you guys for your reply!!!

all application are installing to phone memory if i dont have the app2sd?

the app2sd application is not avaliable for official roms (from market or manual install)????

another thing that i dont understund with this phone is why is always online (the 3g icon) and when i open the browser the phone dont ask me if i want to connect with wifi or 3g like symbian

thank you again

Guest Fusion0306

the app2sd application is not avaliable for official roms (from market or manual install)????

Official ROMs can't have a2sd. And the apps install on phone storage. That's why people use custom ROMs.

(If you want to install a custom ROM, read the GUIDE, there are all the tips and tricks that will help you get there.)

another thing that i dont understund with this phone is why is always online (the 3g icon) and when i open the browser the phone dont ask me if i want to connect with wifi or 3g like symbian

thank you again

Android platform is designed to be connected 24/7 so it's a good thing to have some kind of monthly data plan.

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest Fusion0306
thank you very much

No problem :huh: You will find most of your answers in the mentioned Guide, but if you still have some unanswered questions, feel free to ask. I'm sure that someone will help you find the answers ;)

Guest twrock
thank you guys for your reply!!!

thank you again

In settings, you can turn off your data connection, and then turn it back on whenever you really want to use the data connection. As was mentioned, it is designed to be "always on", but you don't have to use it that way. You will save on battery if you have some of the connections turned off as well. But if you have unlimited data plan, leaving it on all the time is the easiest.

There are "widgets" which will allow you to easily turn off and on the different types of connectivity. If you search the Market for Curvefish widgets, they have a nice collection of widgets that I like to use.

• 2 months later...
Guest hackemate
hi everybody,

Hello!

Did "morelocale" helped you?

Is everything working in greek language?The menu,the sms e.t.c.?

Please respond B)

Guest dukeoglue

I've been enjoying my Pulse in Greece for about a month, now.

If you want Greek menus, you can install MoreLocale2. Personally, I don't use it. I've installed it once or twice, and each time I uninstalled it shortly after.

I can't exactly recall why, but I think it only turns half the menus to Greek or something and generally gets on my nerves, so I decided to just use English. You can always see for yourself, though.

For texting and typing in Greek, there's two choices as far as I know:

- I used TouchPal for a while (I found the Greek language pack here - scroll down or search for "Touchpal Languages"), but there's two things that bug me about it:

1. When typing in the browser url bar, instead of a space bar, you get a www.*.com button, which is much less useful. (I need the space bar to type my google search queries, thank you)

2. For some reason, you can't put an accent on the greek vowel omikron. All the other vowels take accents fine, which is just weird.

- Now I'm using Greek IME (search the market). My only gripe with it is that, when sending SMS, you can only type in ALL CAPS... but that probably has to do with encoding and stuff. And you can always just use greeklish.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Enjoy your Pulse!

(Btw, I'm using FLB's custom ROM. I intend to switch to Cyanogen at some point, when it feels like it's less buggy B))

(edit to fix typo)

Edited by dukeoglue