IS my samsung omnia i910 bricked (electrically)?

Guest marbles_5

Guest marbles_5

I recently tried to update my cf03 rom to df10 rom (latest). I used usb 1.1. I tried updating a couple of times. The first time the update of the rom did not finish. It got stuck at 60%. I then did soft-reset and got WM 6.1 but no touchwiz. So I tried this again on another computer a couple of times and always 60% upload. I even did emergency start to no avail. The last time I did emergency start unfortunately the LCD screen went blank and the flash software from Samsung just kept showing that it was uploading but there was no % upload indication at all. I connected and disconnected battery as per instructions. I may have inadvertently have had the USB connector connected to the PC the last time I did this. I do remember seeing a battery indicator on LCD screen before screen went dead but it showed 4 level. Perhaps I imagined this.

I eventually disconnected USB cable. The phone has been dead ever since. When I plug into charger the red lite on top of cell phone does not go on.

I get feeling that the phone is electrically dead. Is it possible that the battery is dead? And all I need is a new battery? I am assuming that if I plug charger into wall, the cell will run off wall outlet current even if battery is dead. Is this true?

In short because of my mistake of using USB 1.1 I bricked my phone. What I Do not understand is why the red LED does not go on when the cell is plugged into charger. Shouldn't I get a screen image of some type on the omnia even if it's bricked. In my mind, the red led should be on and the omnia start-up screen should be stuck if brick caused by failed flash (software). I just can't believe that the omnia is so badly designed that the power LED is controlled by software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

Edited by marbles_5

Guest arashtarafar

;) I think you'll not lose anything by trying to flash your phone again . perhaps your problem's cause was that you used usb 1 to flash your phone.try using usb 2 :huh:

• 1 month later...
Guest bocha.i910
:) I think you'll not lose anything by trying to flash your phone again . perhaps your problem's cause was that you used usb 1 to flash your phone.try using usb 2 :)

How To ?

my omnia is dead, not detected on PC ...

pleaseeee help me