New Official rom :2.100.07.EMEA.GEN1

Guest pigra

Guest plocri
1-Go to http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez.../downloads/list and download the malez easyinstaller (the first file in the list)

2-run the executable.when asked (first window) give a folder name where to expand the file (example: c:\malez)

3-If the program fails (telling you that adb-windows.exe was not found for example), go to c:\malez\Install_recovery and execute the install_malez_recovery.cmd file

4-when done, reboot in recovery (ex:type adb reboot recovery in any windows console window..provided you have adb installed or use the file from the above malez folder)

5-when in recovery (green menus on black background), choose the root menu and then choose the root method 1.1

It should be ok.

PS: all the instructions (in a more complete form) are available on the malez recovery page...in case you need more details. Just thought i'd write the procedure i used hoping it helps.

well I can get the root using your steps, in fact Titanium Backup works, but when I must use the "adb remount" command it gives me an error (like I don't have the root rights). Tried all 3 ways in the recovery malez to obtain root, but still having that error. Any other way to make it works?

Guest grooltor

Installed with AcerTool, installed Malez Recovery 0.5.4, restored a Nandroid of XianKoud LiquidF v1 + fixes, everything working great!!! (Liquid A1)

EDIT: Using Win7 64bit. Just ignored the MD5 checksum failure.

Edited by grooltor

Guest PhilNelwyn
I'm using 7 64-bit.

I would easily flash with acer tool, if only I could find the right one which does not crash upon startup or say invalid checksum.

I'm not sure that the "invalid checksum" prevent you from flashing...

I'm using windows 7 profesional : choose Windows XP compatibility mode and "run as administrator"..

but can't find acer liquid tool.. :huh:

You want to run SDK or Acer Tools in Win 7 - right click and run as ADM.

If you want to run in XP Mode you will have to install SDK & Acer Tools in you XP seperatly.

Guest thenext1

Installed the rom. Works ok, but not really faster than 1.100.39

Since then most of my market downloads fail to start or halfway downloading. Google's fault or firmware's?

Guest Ramdanih
You want to run SDK or Acer Tools in Win 7 - right click and run as ADM.

If you want to run in XP Mode you will have to install SDK & Acer Tools in you XP seperatly.

Thank's All.. :huh:

Installed the rom. Works ok, but not really faster than 1.100.39

Since then most of my market downloads fail to start or halfway downloading. Google's fault or firmware's?

I fell the rom really slow compared to LCR.

Same here, application downloads work well on wifi, not on telephony network (does not start or fail) have to retry several times.

Edited by malez

Guest thenext1

Same here, application downloads work well on wifi, not on telephony network (does not start or fail) have to retry several times.

I haven't tried LCR so I can't judge, BUT this is a bit snappier than the old firmware , and I didn't suffer any of 1.100.39's typical slowdowns as of now.

Application downloads on my phone were failing also on wifi, 1 hour ago. Didn't try later. I think it's a momentary problem on googles side.

Guest grooltor

I think that application downloads fail because of Google. I had XianKoud LiquidF v1 on top of .63 till this afternoon, and I had the download problem. Flashed new 2.100.07, restored XianKoud via your recovery (BTW, you're the man :huh:) and still having the problem... it disappeared some hours later, did non try during the last couple hours so I can't tell if it's completely solved.

I think that application downloads fail because of Google. I had XianKoud LiquidF v1 on top of .63 till this afternoon, and I had the download problem. Flashed new 2.100.07, restored XianKoud via your recovery (BTW, you're the man :huh:) and still having the problem... it disappeared some hours later, did non try during the last couple hours so I can't tell if it's completely solved.

So it is google relative

Guest judeh101

I think something has gone wrong with my flashing. After writing boot, fast boot failed to install. I can now start up my liquid e, but it boots up without the usual Acer logo. What happened?

Edited by judeh101

I think something has gone wrong with my flashing. After writing boot, fast boot failed to install. I can now start up my liquid e, but it boots up without the usual Acer logo. What happened?

Install recovery, boot in recovery mode and run the flash again. Your boot image is updated by not your system partition.

What is the difference between the versions .bin with .Zip????

bin u can install with old acer tool to any liquid no matter what version u have, Zip is for when u already on EMEA_GEN

Edited by ginja

Guest Ramdanih
bin u can install with old acer tool to any liquid no matter what version u have, Zip is for when u already on EMEA_GEN

hmmm ... then how do I get a bin file?

bin file modification?

If I have a different version or use costumes ROM, can not use the files .zip?

sry for my english..

and thx 4 u answare.. :huh: