Request: iphonetoday rom

Guest flyke

This is a request from me to all you great chefs out there who are looking for a new challenge :huh:

I'm affraid i'm too stupid to create a ROM myself, thats why i'm looking for a chef :-)

In short, I would like to see a rom with IphoneToday installed on it. If possible, without manilla or titanium, just plain iphone today.

Yes, all you bashers are right to think 'just get yourself a damn iphone already'. The thing is that i hate Apple and love Microsoft. But in m2d roms, there's never enough room in the applications tab for my applications and games. And I want to test out if this iphonetoday is faster and less memory/ram consuming.

A video of latest IphoneToday can be watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIeS4fMfCwg.

The IphoneToday is an open source project on google, all info and necessary files can be found here.

To any chaf willing to try this: thanks a lot !

To other posters: it would be nice to not let our anti-Apple feelings fill this thread ;)

Cheers !

Guest andrew.mazlim
This is a request from me to all you great chefs out there who are looking for a new challenge :huh:

I'm affraid i'm too stupid to create a ROM myself, thats why i'm looking for a chef :-)

In short, I would like to see a rom with IphoneToday installed on it. If possible, without manilla or titanium, just plain iphone today.

Yes, all you bashers are right to think 'just get yourself a damn iphone already'. The thing is that i hate Apple and love Microsoft. But in m2d roms, there's never enough room in the applications tab for my applications and games. And I want to test out if this iphonetoday is faster and less memory/ram consuming.

A video of latest IphoneToday can be watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIeS4fMfCwg.

The IphoneToday is an open source project on google, all info and necessary files can be found here.

To other posters: it would be nice to not let our anti-Apple feelings fill this thread ;)

Cheers !

My friend, if you like so much iPhone (ppff) and you like even better the iPhone UI (ppppppppffff!), the question is this:

WHY you didn't buy an iPhone, instead of a WinMo phone?

Personally, I never liked Apple in phones or other devices, except if you want to work with a good & stable computer - so you're buying a solid-and-good iMac or something else.

(Of course, my friend Skokka9 told me he LOVES his new iPhone 4G... But, it's a BRAND NEW & 4G; and extremely expensive, twise more than my DELL laptop!!!)

Anyways... Good luck with the iPhone plugin. I put it once, to see what's looks like - quite BORING, for my flavor.

Guest Lunchbox77
This is a request from me to all you great chefs out there who are looking for a new challenge ;)

To other posters: it would be nice to not let our anti-Apple feelings fill this thread :(

Cheers !

and i want someone to make me a real life teleporter :huh:

after specifically saying: "To other posters: it would be nice to not let our anti-Apple feelings fill this thread"

Guess what the first reaction was about... thank you Andrew :)

I now picture some posters do this:

- Open every post

- check if one of the following words are in the text: 'Apple' or 'iPhone'

- disregard everything else, don't even read what the post is about

- bash apple and say ms is the best

:P

Luchbox, i guess you're just trying to say: you can't always get what you want in a polite way. No prob, I know that already :(

it's not a very good comparison however, because i am obviously at the right place here at modaco to ask for a chef to cook a rom. So it was not so nice of you to just laugh in my face. I forgive you, i know how frustrating it is to find no one able to make you a teleporter.

xavierf, you managed to be the only one to give a proper reaction. I've never cooked a rom until now but I guess if I want one with the IphoneToday, I better start learning and cooking since I am the only person on Modaco that would like this. I might just do that once I'm bored with Ock's magnificent latest Eclipse rom.

Just for your info: I'm not fond of Apple and Apple products myself. I do however always lack space in the manilla program launcher tab. It's getting frustrating and is the main reason i'd like a rom with the iphonetoday: to be able to easily launch more apps than can fit in the manilla program launcher tab (i hate clicking on 'all programs' and having to scroll all the way down sometimes).

flyke, I've tried Iphonetoday, it's getting better but not perfect yet. you can't uninstall or replace it with newer version if you put it in ROM

I think you should flashed your Omnia with clean Ultralite ROM (no titanium/M2D/Sense etc and minimum apps), prepare your additional app using xda_uc incl Iphonetoday. Replace it when better ones comes out. Try Laurie's ROM, it has no launcher..

Edited by adhip

flyke, I've tried Iphonetoday, it's getting better but not perfect yet. you can't uninstall or replace it with newer version if you put it in ROM

I think you should flashed your Omnia with clean Ultralite ROM (no titanium/M2D/Sense etc and minimum apps), prepare your additional app using xda_uc incl Iphonetoday. Replace it when better ones comes out. Try Laurie's ROM, it has no launcher..

Thanks adhip! I shall try this as soon as I'm bored with ock's eclipse rom. So this Laurie's rom is a good fast and stable light rom i guess ?

I do admid the app could be improved. I also believe manilla/touchflow would suit me better if i could have a second programs tab :P

Guest andrew.mazlim
Thanks adhip! I shall try this as soon as I'm bored with ock's eclipse rom. So this Laurie's rom is a good fast and stable light rom i guess ?

I do admid the app could be improved. I also believe manilla/touchflow would suit me better if i could have a second programs tab :P

Can't make it up, how you may bored with OCK's "Eclipse"... and not bored with this super-huge-bored... Apple iPhone-like layout, that nobody iPhone user likes it and immediately's trying to replace it!!!

Btw... Laurie's a GREAT cheff, I know him from the other forum I'm "playing around" - omniamods.com...

Lots of chefs release lite ROM ie Laurie, Ock and Yonn. I made one too:) . But even lite ROM has at least the standard today's page, except Laurie's.

And yes, lite ROM is usually fast & stable. Btw, I love Ock's Eclipse or his GTX ROM. However, there are too much apps I don't need.

If you like Ock's ROm, you can play around with his kitchen and see if you can made a lite version out of it.

• 3 weeks later...
This is a request from me to all you great chefs out there who are looking for a new challenge :lol:

To other posters: it would be nice to not let our anti-Apple feelings fill this thread :)

Cheers !

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...estek-paylasim/

You will find from this link what you are looking for. Phdee rom and iphone style. I experienced and lowed it.

Edited by kzkan