Petition for the 2.6.29 (Eclair) kernel source, sign in here

Guest niko1986

Guest niko1986
Signed and I posted a link to the petition on HotUKDeals in the Pulse thread should hopefully pick up a few more from there.

Got a link i'll add some heat to it

Guest Simon O

Well I got a reply from Huawei:

Dear Sir/Madam

we will ask our related Department to prepare the source code for you ,it may take some time due to the inner procedure we need to pass and permission we need to get before sending the source code to end user

Thanks

and ChainsDD (the Superuser guy) got a reply also (he asked me if he could help get the code)

Dear Sir/Madam

we will ask our related Department to prepare the source code for you ,it may take some time due to the inner procedure we need to pass and permission we need to get before sending the source code to end user

Thanks

I'm spotting a pattern :huh:

Guest BigBearMDC
Well I got a reply from Huawei:

and ChainsDD (the Superuser guy) got a reply also (he asked me if he could help get the code)

I'm spotting a pattern :huh:

They seem to like copy 'n paste...

Guest Simon O
They seem to like copy 'n paste...

I imagine the scene at Huawei when they receive hundreds of emails requesting the source.

"Master. The users are requesting the source code from us. They say if we do not provide then we are in violation of the GPL"

<boss of Huawei> "Such a pity. We are HUAWEI. A proud Chinese company. We do not care about such things as GPL. Send a thousand copy & paste emails. And if they trouble us again, you may send a thousand more. We will never give in to such people!"

:huh:

Guest BigBearMDC
I imagine the scene at Huawei when they receive hundreds of emails requesting the source.

"Master. The users are requesting the source code from us. They say if we do not provide then we are in violation of the GPL"

<boss of Huawei> "Such a pity. We are HUAWEI. A proud Chinese company. We do not care about such things as GPL. Send a thousand copy & paste emails. And if they trouble us again, you may send a thousand more. We will never give in to such people!"

:huh:

I think its more like this:

"Oh look, a new email. GPL ...bla ... source code ... violation ... U8220 .. wait WHAT?? Violation?? Boss, I need your help here! This seems to be serious!"

<boss> "Aww not again ... Jerry come here, the SPAM filter failed again ..."

Guest BigBearMDC

One thing would be interesting: If a bot answers this question, we'd maybe get the same reply if we just mention certain keywords. If we get the same reply if we tweet them "T-Mobile Pulse source release code kernel" (it doesn't matter when they're out of order :huh: ) we know for sure that they give a s*** about the source being released.