|WWE|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ |July 4| 21916/29022 | Sense 2.5 2021 / Titanium / Cookie 2.0

Guest NRGZ28

Guest jerrypt
heyy....i've just instaled the stock sense. 2.5 ROM on my omnia 2 and i can't use the 3G!!!!

what do i do???

thx

I think this question has been asked a few times in this thread.

Just go to Samsung Settings -> Network Settings -> Restore Connections, then reboot your phone.

Guest jerrypt
How is the memory usage of the latest ROMs with .sencity on it? I am currently running Energy.OMNIA.23151.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.sencity.Dec.11 and to be honest, it's hell. Just the GUI handler alone uses 45-50MB of RAM. This leaves about 5MB RAM for applications on my ROM. So whenever I start Opera, after opening 2-3 websites Opera crashes because it ran out of RAM. I had to completely disable Sense to have a workable phone.

Is this a bug in my ROM version or is it a known thing that the .sencity ROM only has very little usable RAM left? And if the latter is the case, would a normal Sense skin use less memory?

I am using the sensity 219xx rom with the 'Compact' Start Menu Layout, and get 40+mb free program ram. No problems running applications.

Edited by jerrypt

Guest jerrypt
yeah i kinda got to that now :D

but i dont know why i dont see the office applications among other things that are listed for this rom... why is it?

oh and I cant connect to NPS to put my contacts and all cause my pc says that my omnia II is in fact HTC Leo... how do i change this back?

I also could not find Office applications built into the rom. I think you can download free from the Windows Phone Marketplace.

I use Outlook Express to sync my contacts and calendar. Sometimes the device is identified as HTC Leo.

Guest liamneerg

hello , i am using a version of energy rom without sense that i have download 5-6 months before ,i am very pleased , the only problem is that samsung appliactions are closing after a while , is this problem solved so i can download the new version??

Guest jerrypt
hello , i am using a version of energy rom without sense that i have download 5-6 months before ,i am very pleased , the only problem is that samsung appliactions are closing after a while , is this problem solved so i can download the new version??

The amount of free Program Ram is very important. You can check your current status by going to Samsung Settings -> Memory Status -> Program RAM

We do not know what apps, and how many apps you are running concurrently.

Personally, I would highly recommend downloading the new version.

ps. I just saw the Feb 19 updates available for downloading.

Guest liamneerg
The amount of free Program Ram is very important. You can check your current status by going to Samsung Settings -> Memory Status -> Program RAM

We do not know what apps, and how many apps you are running concurrently.

Personally, I would highly recommend downloading the new version.

ps. I just saw the Feb 19 updates available for downloading.

The free Program Ram is irrelevant with the closing of the programs , that happens in the most of the cases with samsung programs and with enough free ram , that problem was common with all the energy rom , at least 6 months ago that i tried several of them .

i stuck with the specific version of rom for 6 months because there is not a single freeze , something that whenever happen i want to throw my phone to the wall :D .

i put many extra software that i like and i did a little customization in registry and i dont want to have to do the same again unless its solved the only problem that has left , the closing of programs .

Guest sgmem88
The free Program Ram is irrelevant with the closing of the programs , that happens in the most of the cases with samsung programs and with enough free ram , that problem was common with all the energy rom , at least 6 months ago that i tried several of them .

i stuck with the specific version of rom for 6 months because there is not a single freeze , something that whenever happen i want to throw my phone to the wall :D .

i put many extra software that i like and i did a little customization in registry and i dont want to have to do the same again unless its solved the only problem that has left , the closing of programs .

I have used dec 28244 GTX and Feb 28244 GTX, seldom have closing program issue.

don't really mind about the free ram as long as it works fine.

do notice normally should have around 20-30 plus MB after 1-2 days usage

But do get freeze after few days of usage. quite frustrating!

still can't pin point to the cause. wonder is it because I some time type/press too fast??

Guest juvelaen

how to lock screen when i'm dialling?

how to change the htc facebook app to other app. ?

how to use Samsung phonebook as default??

how to use Samsung Call history as default?

how to use OPera as my default browser?

how to use the other message app. as default?

when using the call history, see the details, choose send message, it's not go to messaging mode, but back to call history.why??

how to add shortcut to main menu?

Please answer. Thanx.

other features are great!

tx.

(sorry for my bad english)

Guest jerrypt
The free Program Ram is irrelevant with the closing of the programs . . .

We need to bear in mind that Windows Phone OS (including Windows Mobile) is based on Microsoft Windows, which is known to have memory leak problems. Some Windows Mobile programs do not release all the ram when closed, and DLLs are known to hang on to unused ram, and you find that your usable program ram gets less and less, until you reboot your device.

While we can mitigate the problem in our Desktop and Notebook PCs by adding more ram, it is not possible to do so in our phones.

That is why we Omnia II users choose to flash lite or custom roms not only for the aesthetics but also to squeeze more available ram out of the OS. It is also the reason why we should update our roms, as the developer may have found better ways to make the OS run more efficiently, and include updated versions of the programs in the rom.

Guest Bichuete

Is this happenning only with me or with this ROM the GPS fix doesnt work ? Couldnt get Garmin or Maps to works on after ROM update.

Btw, ROM is great, only had this issue and loved the overall design.

Guest ThEGraVmaN

Titanium no longer seems to exist. Link directs you to Standard which still has Sense which I dislike. Not a fan of the HTC tools/apps.

Also, the roms all retain the same problem I've had from the start; incorrect time stamp on incoming SMS messages and no way to correct it. I have only tried latest builds from Energy homepage (28244). Setting "threaded" to SMS messaging also seems to be someone's twisted idea of message threading. All incoming separated from outgoing is not threading. Threading would be listing messages in a conversation as they occur so someone could follow it. This is not unique to these roms, just saying that its present.

Many apps close on their own, even if you're actively using them, try setting an alarm on the Samsung clock for instance.

Also the lock screen lights up if any hardware button is pressed.

Very pretty but, settings are scattered and hard to dig up.

Haven't attempted to use the GPS yet as I'm already looking for another rom to try.

On the upside, the AutoConfig Data was awesome to have. It searched my service provider for the data settings making things very simple. It has detected my data settings but didn't get the user name or password. Easy to look up and add though. Here is the app:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=attach...st&id=45354

Settings Export looks like another useful app. If I could find this app somewhere separately it would be great. No luck so far.

Edited by ThEGraVmaN

Guest ThEGraVmaN
why ringtones doesn't work

Many of the MP3 ringtone files have been removed but remain listed in the ringtones options. In truth, there ore only a couple useable ringtones in the list.

Hi everyone... really great ROM!

Would you mind helping me? I've have checked in this topic (not all 134 pages) and google about some error.

When I try to send an SMS my Sense restarts.

I'd really appreciate your help in advance.

Guest shutterdll
Many of the MP3 ringtone files have been removed but remain listed in the ringtones options. In truth, there ore only a couple useable ringtones in the list.

i removed the ring tones list from registry

but the default one is always set to Cloudy Tone.

Anyway to remove the Cloudy Tone as default one ?

Guest drc38

hello

i download last energy rom 28.02.2011 touch of glass , but when I instal it's freeze. on the screen show " samsung omnia 2" and don't starup.

it's a problem?????

Edited by drc38

Guest drc38
hello

i download last energy rom 28.02.2011 touch of glass , but when I instal it's freeze. on the screen show " samsung omnia 2" and don't starup.

it's a problem?????

Its the same probleme with the others roms.

Guest jerrypt
hello

it's a problem?????

Same here with 21916 sencity Feb.28

Noticed that the compressed file at 136 mb is much smaller than previous versions (183 mb)