|WWE|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ |July 4| 21916/29022 | Sense 2.5 2021 / Titanium / Cookie 2.0

Guest NRGZ28

Guest avantgarde280
Avantgarde @

my posts represent my personall views and u shoud respect. is it wrong ! and except and except energy who can say shut up or go out of here.

anyway sorry.....

did i say shut up? or even tell u go out from here? :( if you thinking like that im so sorry... :) (dont mean to hurt you like that..) :( so let's we end this right now..not nice to other people seeing us like this.. :( we are from one community what we call "Modaco" right?

So forgive me if im being rude to you..i'm not a perfect person to judge someone by his/her post..i'm just human and also do mistake sometimes..so please forgive me for all that i said before... :P Thanks..

regard,

avantgarde280

(Newbie in everythings)

p/s : have a nice day m8.. B) :P

guys, i think we should stop this discussion right here, right now.

otherwise, i'll be saying "shut up or get out of here" ! ;)

:( lol..nice quote there Lancez... :( btw Sorry for any trouble i make here... :lol:

Edited by avantgarde280

Guest magthy

Let's get serious for a minute!

I have gone through the whole thread, and many postings are so lame... Shape up!

The Energy ROM is probably the best ROM for the i8000 right now (My own opinion).

This posting is targeting mostly the battery drain issue (regardless of version):

Checklist:

1. Take out the battery and clean all connections with a topz and isopropanol.

2. Flash the i8000 with a full updated original samsung package.

3. Re-flash with Energy's ROM with the OCTANS mini-downloader.

4. Reboot

5. Set the CPU Performance to AUTO.

6. Disable the arkswitch task manager so it doesn't auto-load and kill it.

7. Select all the data con. settings to disconnect.

8. Set all wallpapers to animated wallpapers (regular pictures).

9. Set the display "Brightness" to Auto Adjustment.

10. reboot, and charge to full with a "real" charger.

Now you have a baseline for measuring the battery.

Next step: Search with google for (registry) settings before posting questions.

About the memory hunting......

Just try to ignore the free memory thing. What is the free memory good for? Why not use it all up (like a cache)!

I cannot see the use for free memory, even with as little as 20MB left you can run apps bigger than that.

BIG Respect to the ROM-Chef!

I have tried at least 12 different custom ROM:s now, and I always go back to Energy's ROM.

For today I have flashed:

Samsung I8000NXXJH1 FULL with Eboot, phone, CSC and MoviNAND.

And after that the: Energy.OMNIA.23138.Sense2.5.Sep.21 ROM.

(the only drawback is that the samsung keyboard is misplaced in this release,

but I keep searching for a fix, or registry entry to fix that)

I have only one suggestion right now:

Include language settings for the keyboards.

E.g. Swedish, so I can use my needed characters, Å, Ä and Ö....

Thanks!

/Magnus

Guest hawkish
guys, i think we should stop this discussion right here, right now.

otherwise, i'll be saying "shut up or get out of here" ! :)

sorry ( except you and chef ) lol.

thanks to avantgarde ;)

Guest jmsmartins

Thanks!

/Magnus

have u tried installing samsung keyboard with a .cab and see what happens?

Guest longsin
thanks for your understanding, and let us not focus on these unnecessary things.

to the rest, please respect everyone and do what you can to help the others.

hi,lancez

can i directly flash my i8000 with BLACIMG.nbh and Blackstone_SoftwareUpgrade.exe?

thanks

Guest Ricardo Tambasco
This posting is targeting mostly the battery drain issue (regardless of version):

Checklist:

1. Take out the battery and clean all connections with a topz and isopropanol.

2. Flash the i8000 with a full updated original samsung package.

3. Re-flash with Energy's ROM with the OCTANS mini-downloader.

4. Reboot

5. Set the CPU Performance to AUTO.

6. Disable the arkswitch task manager so it doesn't auto-load and kill it.

7. Select all the data con. settings to disconnect.

8. Set all wallpapers to animated wallpapers (regular pictures).

9. Set the display "Brightness" to Auto Adjustment.

10. reboot, and charge to full with a "real" charger.

Now you have a baseline for measuring the battery.

Man, I like your check list. :) Now, this is real contribution. I was trying to give people some comparison data but I do confess I didn't get to half the details you observed here to measure it. Thanks a lot! ;)

I would just like to clarify 2 of the items so I can follow it to the letter and try to give us some really well measured data:

In #8 you say to set all wallpapers to animated. Is that right? Shouldn't animated wallpapers consume more battery juice?

And when you say "real" charger in #10 you just mean not to charge through computer's USB and use the original charger or is there a better charger than original to use?

About the memory hunting......

Just try to ignore the free memory thing. What is the free memory good for? Why not use it all up (like a cache)!

I cannot see the use for free memory, even with as little as 20MB left you can run apps bigger than that.

Well, here I have to disagree cause I have already experienced apps like Opera to not start due to NRGZ' ROM low RAM. It really stopped happening with the use of compact menu (Great idea, btw. After all, anyone that uses computers and the like are most familiar with drop down menus, aren't we? I sure am! :P ) but I understand that people are worried because the ROMs are not "packed" with sooo many stuff and it already starts with RAM really low after it stabilizes. We have to keep in mind that Sense is REALLY memory hungry but I think it does no harm, and doesn't diminishes our chef's competence and efforts in a bit, for us to try to raise it. In the end, if we just can't get any more RAM out of it we will at least have learned a LOT more about our device, won't we? :(

BIG Respect to the ROM-Chef!

I have tried at least 12 different custom ROM:s now, and I always go back to Energy's ROM.

Couldn't agree more! And that means: STOP bickering each other! We are all here because we wan't our mobile to perform great and look even better, right!? So lets just focus on it and help each other and the chef. That's undoubtedly the best way to show respect for and praise his work.

Thanks!

/Magnus

And thank u, m8! :P

Edited by Ricardo Tambasco

Guest superman80

hi to all,

i flashed using Energy.OMNIA.21680.Sense2.5.DinikGlass.Cookie.2.0.Oct.04 and now the camera could not take pictures. I can load the camera function but when i want to take pictures, it does nothing. what is wrong here? can anyone help me?

thanks alot

regards

Guest darkworldzz
For today I have flashed:

Samsung I8000NXXJH1 FULL with Eboot, phone, CSC and MoviNAND.

And after that the: Energy.OMNIA.23138.Sense2.5.Sep.21 ROM.

why not just flash the oct4 roms? it seems fixed in the 6.5.x builds.. since you are using 2.5 standard it will be able to avoid the cht2.0 batt drain..

hi to all,

i flashed using Energy.OMNIA.21680.Sense2.5.DinikGlass.Cookie.2.0.Oct.04 and now the camera could not take pictures. I can load the camera function but when i want to take pictures, it does nothing. what is wrong here? can anyone help me?

thanks alot

regards

That is new.. try using another camera.exe. try this one by sorg. keep reading and you'll find it..

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...307107/camerax/

Guest Lancez
hi,lancez

can i directly flash my i8000 with BLACIMG.nbh and Blackstone_SoftwareUpgrade.exe?

thanks

sorry, i have no idea what you were asking. maybe someone else can help you out.

Guest longsin
sorry, i have no idea what you were asking. maybe someone else can help you out.

thanks,

this is HTC HD rom by NRGZ28 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=562952 (Energy[1].BLACKSTONE.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Oct 7)

can i flash i8000 ROM with HTC program?

Blackstone_SoftwareUpgrade.exe can read that my phone version is Oct 4. but i am afraid of flahing it.

Edited by longsin

Guest superman80
why not just flash the oct4 roms? it seems fixed in the 6.5.x builds.. since you are using 2.5 standard it will be able to avoid the cht2.0 batt drain..

That is new.. try using another camera.exe. try this one by sorg. keep reading and you'll find it..

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...307107/camerax/

i tried but no luck... still the same.. thanks anyway :)

Guest longsin
has anyone any information about new comming ROMs? maybe 7oct?

is it comming?

thanks.

friend, NRGZ28 have finished Oct 7 for HTC HD, but don't output for i8000. i already saw that he has finished Oct 8 for HD.

maybe he can soon post for i8000, please waiting patiently.

Guest avantgarde280
hi,lancez

thanks

cannot..u'll brick ur device..those .nbh and sofwareupgrade.exe is specific for HTC device...

hi to all,

thanks alot

regards

Try uninstalling HTC keyboard that you installing..then it should work again..there is a patch from rapid81 to fix this problem..you can find in rapid81 sense thread..

Guest costipl

I have a problem with the compact start menu: often it "frreezes", ie. I press the Start button and nothing happens and the phone doesn't react to anything. After 15-20 seconds quickmenu finally pops up and the phone "catches up" to all the commands I issued while it was frozen. Anyone else have the same problem?

Also, quickmenu has the same background as the lockscreen (I use the stock one, not CHT) - can this be changed?

One last thing, on the lockscreen the time and date are offset slightly and the date doesn't fit completely on the screen - instead of "09:30 09/10/2010" I have "09:30 09/10/201". Can I fix this somehow?