|WWE|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ |July 4| 21916/29022 | Sense 2.5 2021 / Titanium / Cookie 2.0

Guest NRGZ28

Guest darkworldzz
I have a problem with the compact start menu: often it "frreezes", ie. I press the Start button and nothing happens and the phone doesn't react to anything. After 15-20 seconds quickmenu finally pops up and the phone "catches up" to all the commands I issued while it was frozen. Anyone else have the same problem?

that is something which i think has no available solution you will have to wait for the cook to or the menu developer to solve it..

or there is a workaround by mapping it to a hardware button eg. the middle button and just use the hardware button.. but however, on the 6.5.x roms, it does not have the temporary freezing.you might want to try using the oct 4 6.5.x roms..

Guest longsin
cannot..u'll brick ur device..those .nbh and sofwareupgrade.exe is specific for HTC device...

Try uninstalling HTC keyboard that you installing..then it should work again..there is a patch from rapid81 to fix this problem..you can find in rapid81 sense thread..

thanks.

do you know how .nbh chang to .nb0 ? :)

Edited by longsin

Guest costipl
that is something which i think has no available solution you will have to wait for the cook to or the menu developer to solve it..

or there is a workaround by mapping it to a hardware button eg. the middle button and just use the hardware button.. but however, on the 6.5.x roms, it does not have the temporary freezing.you might want to try using the oct 4 6.5.x roms..

Thanks. I switched to standard start menu for now, I'll wait with flashing for a new version, maybe the Sense start menu will be implemented.

Does anyone know a fix for the time & date placement on stock lockscreen?

One last thing, on the lockscreen the time and date are offset slightly and the date doesn't fit completely on the screen - instead of "09:30 09/10/2010" I have "09:30 09/10/201". Can I fix this somehow?

I'm using 4th Oct. Cookie 2.0 21916 ROM.

BTW. I installed Chainfire's OpenGL ES driver 0.26 and Sense seems to be working much faster, especially the menu under right softkey is much smoother.

Guest Mustard007

Hi !

I have a strange trouble with the two last ROM (1oct and 4oct cookie 2.0).

- On some applications, like Touch Clock, when I use the application he suddenly close. Then I restart the application and he close again randomly.

- I have the trouble with the long delay like some other have with Quick Menu. It like the phone is not responsive for few second than open all the windows in same time.

Someone can tell me how we can have the "Outlook inbox" show like in NRG's ROMS ? We can see the "Subject" (In bold) following by "from" than the beginning of the "body".

I want to know for when I'm with my stock french rom.

Thanks !

Guest longsin
I use 4.2. It works perfectly in this ROM. No overlaps, no "scroll bars" etc. This is a port of my already perfect HTC ROMs... :)

hi, NRGZ28

I found you already replaced to Oct 8 for HD,

when do you replace for i8000 ?

and ask how .nbh change to .nb0 ?

Guest avantgarde280
hi, NRGZ28

I found you already replaced to Oct 8 for HD,

when do you replace for i8000 ?

and ask how .nbh change to .nb0 ?

FYI you cannot change .nbh to nb0..they are cook for different device..even if you have HTC rhodium, you cannot use .nbh from HD2 rom..even HD2 and Rhodium has similarity in flashing (softwareupgrade.exe)..and .nb0 is using by OCTAN..and has totally different with .nbh..in term the way of cooking and the kitchen used also different..

For more information,please click How to Fash a ROM thread on my sig below..TQ

Edited by avantgarde280

Guest longsin
FYI you cannot change .nbh to nb0..they are cook for different device..even if you have HTC rhodium, you cannot use .nbh from HD2 rom..even HD2 and Rhodium has similarity in flashing (softwareupgrade.exe)..and .nb0 is using by OCTAN..and has totally different with .nbh..in term the way of cooking and the kitchen used also different..

For more information,please click How to Fash a ROM thread on my sig below..TQ

thanks! :)

Guest magthy
Man, I like your check list. :) Now, this is real contribution. I was trying to give people some comparison data but I do confess I didn't get to half the details you observed here to measure it. Thanks a lot! ;)

I would just like to clarify 2 of the items so I can follow it to the letter and try to give us some really well measured data:

In #8 you say to set all wallpapers to animated. Is that right? Shouldn't animated wallpapers consume more battery juice?

And when you say "real" charger in #10 you just mean not to charge through computer's USB and use the original charger or is there a better charger than original to use?

Well, here I have to disagree cause I have already experienced apps like Opera to not start due to NRGZ' ROM low RAM. It really stopped happening with the use of compact menu (Great idea, btw. After all, anyone that uses computers and the like are most familiar with drop down menus, aren't we? I sure am! :P ) but I understand that people are worried because the ROMs are not "packed" with sooo many stuff and it already starts with RAM really low after it stabilizes. We have to keep in mind that Sense is REALLY memory hungry but I think it does no harm, and doesn't diminishes our chef's competence and efforts in a bit, for us to try to raise it. In the end, if we just can't get any more RAM out of it we will at least have learned a LOT more about our device, won't we? :(

Couldn't agree more! And that means: STOP bickering each other! We are all here because we wan't our mobile to perform great and look even better, right!? So lets just focus on it and help each other and the chef. That's undoubtedly the best way to show respect for and praise his work.

And thank u, m8! :P

Ok, here we go...

Nr 8 - Otherwise, you get the weather background that possibly can do some bezerk internet checkup (if you don't disable that function). Just to be on the safe side when measureing the battery life....

Nr 10 - No, I ment the socket standard one, the USB charger is rather "weak", so to speak.

The checklist was ment as a guideline to get comparable results. We can for sure enhance the list futher,

and remove some steps to make it easier to execute.

You are probably right regarding the memory, sorry!

My battery test from last evening points to the Arkswitch as the culprit...

The Omnia II was fully loaded 100% at 03:30 and now at 17:00 it's still on 100%, but I have only used the Omnia sparely.

Maybe someone else can confirm this?

Thanks!

Guest magthy
have u tried installing samsung keyboard with a .cab and see what happens?

Maybe that's the easiest thing to do, or upgrade to a newer release.

But I'm very satisfied with this ROM and it shouldn't be impossible to solve.

I will try some more things before I give up.

Thanks for the suggestion!

It seems NRG ROM using WM 6.5.3 has some bugs.. some application always suddenly closed. i found this bugs on several samsung application, like samsung setting, touch player, touch clock.

With 21916 build WM 6.5 i didn't find those bugs..

NRG, please fix this bug on the future release as i love your cooked rom, since i always follow your development rom when i used my previous touch pro. thanks..

Guest Sinistersky
It seems NRG ROM using WM 6.5.3 has some bugs.. some application always suddenly closed. i found this bugs on several samsung application, like samsung setting, touch player, touch clock.

With 21916 build WM 6.5 i didn't find those bugs..

NRG, please fix this bug on the future release as i love your cooked rom, since i always follow your development rom when i used my previous touch pro. thanks..

it's not a bug...it's a memory management problem...use compact start menu; gives you more RAM... i have 6.5.3 standard and never seen that thing happen yet...

Guest MinaseTaki

it's just me,or 21680 does not work (the archive) i downloaded twice both 21680 .both with unknown method error (in all programs , 7zip,winrar,winzip etc)

the files Energy.OMNIA.21680.Titanium.Oct.04.7z and Energy.OMNIA.21680.Sense2.5.Oct.04.7z

Edited by MinaseTaki

it's just me,or 21680 does not work (the archive) i downloaded twice both 21680 .both with unknown method error (in all programs , 7zip,winrar,winzip etc)

the files Energy.OMNIA.21680.Titanium.Oct.04.7z and Energy.OMNIA.21680.Sense2.5.Oct.04.7z

you must use last version of 7zip.

7z916.exe

Guest Mustard007
it's not a bug...it's a memory management problem...use compact start menu; gives you more RAM... i have 6.5.3 standard and never seen that thing happen yet...

Hi !

I think it's a bug then..in the memory management in this rom...because this happen only with this rom for me. I have the quick menu enable and this happen even on a new soft reset with plenty of ram available. I see this trouble with just for now the samsung soft like touch clock.

But its a great rom !

Thanks!

Guest MinaseTaki

preety good rom the latest cookie 10 october,with fresh boot i have ~ 50 MB free ram and after a few hours it will stay on 35~42MB,preety good i will say.

im still wondering how to unlock those 100MB reserved ram...