|WWE|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ |July 4| 21916/29022 | Sense 2.5 2021 / Titanium / Cookie 2.0

Guest NRGZ28

Guest Sinistersky
I'm using 28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Nov.14.

I went to bed last night at 41% and woke up at 40%; Used today for a while and just had to plug it in now. It definitely was not like it was before ...before I could only use it for about two hours before I had to charge; overnight used to drain at least 30%.

ok..i flashed your rom...i usually use sencity...and i get a drop of 1 % every 2 minutes...if that is not a humongous battery drain then i have no freaking idea what is...so yea...maybe in idle it's fixed but not in regular use..so in general to sum it up:

Battery drainage is still presistent in the 2.0 roms... :rolleyes:

Not sure but it's changed before from 23XXX then 21XXX, and now 24XXX. Whatever the reason, NRG knows what he is doing and always gives us the latest and greatest with 6.5.X :rolleyes:

Thanks for the explanation. I wish there's a change log so that we can keep track of it and make decisions. Thank you to NRG for the hard work!!!

Guest darkworldzz
ok..i flashed your rom...i usually use sencity...and i get a drop of 1 % every 2 minutes...if that is not a humongous battery drain then i have no freaking idea what is...so yea...maybe in idle it's fixed but not in regular use..so in general to sum it up:

oh ok.. thks for your share.. guess i'll still stick with 1.8.5..

Aww i really wanted to perma the windroid theme..

Edited by darkworldzz

Guest Extremegmx

Well I don't have this problem, yet... Yesterday I have flashed with 28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Sencity.Nov.14. Working very well, except one freeze today (had to soft reset). The battery drain is normal for now (at 7am around 17-18%, 1 song played,5-6calls, now at 6.40pm 10%) Have you hard reset the phone after the flash ? Today i will also charge the battery in turned off state (should be better for the battery, so I heard..) :huh:

Edited by Extremegmx

It might be related to another problem??? Last night I went to bed at 94% and woke up (7hrs later) at 89% (even did a reset to confirm it was an accurate number). Sometimes you have to wait a day for an accurate charge display (try turning your phone off and charging it to full then check the overnight rate). As far as usage, I'm also experiencing nothing more than I was while using 1.8.5. Sorry I couldn't help you out; It would be good to her from several others on their findings.

Edited by Jazz8

Guest knimlot
Make sure you read up on the flashing procedure before attempting this (it's a sticky). Whenever I flash, I only flash the .nbo file provided by the chef. For the NRG ROMs I do the following:

1. Start computer in disable driver signature mode (usually hit f8 at boot for option)

2. With phone completely off (hold the hangup button to turn it off) then I connect it to the PC and under device manager>mobile device, I update the driver (read up on this and download the driver)

3. Unplug phone and start the OCTAN's mini (included); right click on it and make sure the compatibility is set to Windows XP (service pack 3) mode (top box)

4. Run OCTAN's mini as admin and click on detect at the bottom (nothing will happen until you plug in your phone)

5. Plug in phone and the start button will show up ...then click start

6. Wait until it's finished and enjoy the new ROM

Remember read up a little more first as this can be a little nerve racking the first time :rolleyes:

Thanks Jazz8 for the reply, so will it be better if I flash the CSC and Phone part ? is there any difference flashing both of them with newer versions?

Thanks Jazz8 for the reply, so will it be better if I flash the CSC and Phone part ? is there any difference flashing both of them with newer versions?

There are differing opinions on what you should or should not flash depending on the version of your phone, settings, etc. I once flashed my CSC and lost some general connection settings info so I reverted (after spending a lot of time searching for my original). From my experience (others will say different), I prefer to only flash the supplied .nb0 file (phone part) and nothing else (it's a safe place to start as you can always flash the others later if you wish). Remember read up a lot before you attempt it, and let us know how you like to ROM :rolleyes:

Guest Sinistersky
It might be related to another problem??? Last night I went to bed at 94% and woke up (7hrs later) at 89% (even did a reset to confirm it was an accurate number). Sometimes you have to wait a day for an accurate charge display (try turning your phone off and charging it to full then check the overnight rate). As far as usage, I'm also experiencing nothing more than I was while using 1.8.5. Sorry I couldn't help you out; It would be good to her from several others on their findings.

yes, i agree...we need more opinions...i have charged the phone to 100% while it was on and i played S2P for about 10 minutes and it dropped 5%...now i do not know if this is normal...on 1.8.5 it certainly didnt drop that fast...and it was idle for about 10 minutes and dropped 1%...this "battery drainage fix" could be a placebo though...I did not hard reset my phone after the flash ( I don't recall that being necessary ) ...but yea..we definately need more people on this :rolleyes:

Hi. Thanks NRG great Rom! I'm using Energy.OMNIA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.DinikGlass. The only issues I have are Memory and Battery Life.

I guess this Rom was originally made for the HTC HD2 which has a stronger CPU and more memory.

Overnite it takes up some 20% off Battery Life while the Phone is in sleep mode. I suspect it has to do with the Data Connection.

Last night I made some changes to it and lost only 2%. 24 hours later I am at 62%. :rolleyes:

You can find the Settings here:

Go to Settings - Samsung Settings - Wireless Menu - Menu - Data con. Settings.

Here You put some Data Connection Settings: For now I checked End Key, Sleep and No packet for 2 mins.

and here:

Internet, Data Controller, Menu and Configure connection timeouts.

Guest jangada

Hello,

Big Thanks to NRG who has given a "new life" to my O2. Last week i was wondering if i should sell my O2 and buy and iPhone 4 - but now i want to keep my "Energy O2" !

i flashed Energy.OMNIA.21684.Sense2.5.Cookie.DinikGlass.Nov.11 and i find it really great. But i noticed following issues :

1. Problem by trying to send SMS from "my people" (Sense restarts). The problem is known on the forum, i will install the fix i've just found in previous posts.

2. Battery lifetime : i have also the problem, but when i turn off the automatic data connection (e.g. for weather update) und when i switch the processor performance to "normal", it becomes acceptable.

3. Sense music player : i heard music yesterday and i noticed that, when the O2 is locked, the player does not switch automatically to the next song. So i went back to Samsung player. Does anybody know a fix ?

4. When i try to change some settings in CHT editor and save them, i become an error message.

5. I switched Sense to french language (in registry), but some parts stay in english (e.g. creation of a new appointment). Does any french collegue have a full french version ?

Thanks a lot once again for that job. Keep on that way NRG !

A big thank you to NRG for making this wonderful ROM!

However, I have a few questions which I I hope someone around here knows the answer to:

1) Is there any way to set more than 3 alarms? I tried to set alarms in the default Samsung clock app, but the alarm does not ring.

2) How do I make the alarm repeatedly ring for more than x number of times? I find the alarm tones to be too soft, and the phone "gives up" on ringing just after a few beeps (a common fault among many other brands/makes of phones I find).

If anyone knows the answer to my questions, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Guest Denzel Khan

Hi there!

Do you have any advice on how to tweak your ROM (build 28244) so that Outlook Mail would feature "Conversations" view (threaded emails), right now any of my Internet Mail mailboxes has that feature but Outlook Mail does not. I've tried an old cab from Everal, but no success yet.

Pls advise.

Thanks and respect for the great ROMs.

Guest knimlot
There are differing opinions on what you should or should not flash depending on the version of your phone, settings, etc. I once flashed my CSC and lost some general connection settings info so I reverted (after spending a lot of time searching for my original). From my experience (others will say different), I prefer to only flash the supplied .nb0 file (phone part) and nothing else (it's a safe place to start as you can always flash the others later if you wish). Remember read up a lot before you attempt it, and let us know how you like to ROM :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply again. I finally did flash using Energy.OMNIA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Nov.14 ROM. Definitely brings back life to my OMNIA ! Thanks to NRGZ for the excellent ROM. Will update the status of the phone later.

Guest darkworldzz
yes, i agree...we need more opinions...i have charged the phone to 100% while it was on and i played S2P for about 10 minutes and it dropped 5%...now i do not know if this is normal...on 1.8.5 it certainly didnt drop that fast...and it was idle for about 10 minutes and dropped 1%...this "battery drainage fix" could be a placebo though...I did not hard reset my phone after the flash ( I don't recall that being necessary ) ...but yea..we definately need more people on this :rolleyes:

ok after a few hours of usage on cookie 2.0 rom.. batt life seems alright.. i think it seems alright for the final ver of 2.0..guess they changed some codes for it..

Guest Sinistersky

ok...i charged the battery to fullest while the phone was off...and battery life seems alright now...i installed ahens battery tweak and have all my networks on and s2p and opera and been using the phone for 4 hours now...battery dropped about 30%...wich seems normal to me for now...going to do some more testing later...so far so good :rolleyes:

Guest bu11d0g

I'm experimenting with the Energy.OMNIA.28244.Sense2.5.Reference.Nov.14, and so far it's proven to be a great ROM. Battery life is awesome, played music on my phone all day long, made couple calls and the battery is at 80+%

Usability is great, fast scrolling speeds, Sense menus aren't laggy when u call them...

That's my experience hehe

Sorry for not being around too much lately guys. Working on some new options for the ROM today and will post my results in the thread later on B) Look for a new start menu option to save RAM and hopefully more speed !!

Guest speedfrog
Sorry for not being around too much lately guys. Working on some new options for the ROM today and will post my results in the thread later on B) Look for a new start menu option to save RAM and hopefully more speed !!

hey nice that you are back, can you help me with the sense graphics, i asked you on PM? :)

Edited by speedfrog

Guest hawkish
Sorry for not being around too much lately guys. Working on some new options for the ROM today and will post my results in the thread later on :) Look for a new start menu option to save RAM and hopefully more speed !!

thanks :) more ram....speed....new flavors....no comments ! (just suggestion : if u can change the color of calandar s tab in sencity ! black and white ?)....... B)

hey nice that you are back, can you help me with the sense graphics, i asked you on PM? B)

I already explained it to you when we talked over skype. Use the command line cfc gui tool and I'm sure you can figure it yourself. It;'s not hard...:)

Hello NRGZ28! I have just try out your Energy.OMNIA.28244.Sense2.5.Cookie.2.0.Nov.14 Rom. And I think it is really nice and smooth. No battery problem or memory problem. It's really good. But i encounter some problem.

1. After I connected with my house network, i launch Internet Explorer nor Opera 9.7, it keep saying page cannot be displayed.

2. When I am typing words in the HTC SMS, the top part of the screen will be compressed.

Please help me out with those problem. Thank You!!