The official O2 2.1 update (build 8105) is here!

Guest Dunhamzzz

Guest Chaz_UK

I dont use facebook so i cant comment on the sync issue but one major thing for me has been fixed.

Whenever i used to visit a forum using simplemachinesforum it used to only display the mobile formatted page and Engadget used to revert to the mobile formatted pages whenever i used to read a story. Not any more! :huh:

I used to have to use opera to visit some sites because of this but now its been fixed I'm extremely happy! ;)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Paul,

Maybe you have an idea why this update (as well as the beta 2.1) is god awful slow. Especially as previously noted, adding widgets or opening and using any menu.

Just figured you'd have an idea being the guru that you are. :huh:

Guest Stephen Hyde

i can probably fix the volume buttons if anyone want it - checking as i type

ok looks like a possible success, can someone tell me how the buttons work by default, my current layout has the one nearest headphone as vol down and one nearest power as vol up ?

Edited by Stephen Hyde

Guest radddogg

Hi,

I'm installing the update but it is hanging at the screen with the android and the triangle with exclamation mark. It has been there for about 45 minutes now. My Sterak is rooted with clockwork mod recovery but stock 1.6. Will this affect anything? What do I need to do if it doesn't progress? Hope its not bricked!!! Eeeek!!!!

Regards

Rob

I'm getting randomly flashing LED keys (home/menu/back blink 3 or 4 times fast randomly), upgraded from 2.1 beta (69xx I believe), so trying the upgrade again seeing if that sorts it out.

Hi,

I'm installing the update but it is hanging at the screen with the android and the triangle with exclamation mark. It has been there for about 45 minutes now. My Sterak is rooted with clockwork mod recovery but stock 1.6. Will this affect anything? What do I need to do if it doesn't progress? Hope its not bricked!!! Eeeek!!!!

Regards

Rob

Maybe download the pkg file on to your SD card via a PC and then flash it? If that doesn't work (the beta wouldn't flash for me from the SD card) then try the old 1.6 pkg file (which did flash for me from the sd card) then upgrade from the browser.

Guest jannism

Well, whatever was wrong with mine...still appears to be there. Update seemed to be going so well but it's been hung (Logo + side buttons lit) for over half an hour now on what I assume to be the post-install boot process. Hmm, I wonder if I'll have Recovery now...

Knew it was a Friday unit. :huh:

Edited by jannism

I even just got the flashing LEDs on reboot as the dell logo came up before the software update started.

flashing again OTA from official 2.1 to official 2.1 (I copied the download url) seems to have fixed the blinking LEDs so far

Still the same bug with having to turn *off* wifi when loging into my google account for market, works straight away when I turn off wifi (when the message says to turn it on), same as in the leaked beta.

Guest Warpedflash

Anyone able to post up the recovery image used by this?

I installed the update but got blinking leds so i formatted the streaks partitions to re-flash it and kept getting a message about the software being up to date after everything had been formatted and it refused to apply the update... and then I flashed the older recover image for 2.1 and am getting a black screen -.-

Anyone able to post up the recovery image used by this?

I installed the update but got blinking leds so i formatted the streaks partitions to re-flash it and kept getting a message about the software being up to date after everything had been formatted and it refused to apply the update... and then I flashed the older recover image for 2.1 and am getting a black screen -.-

Sorry, overwritten mine already... but it SHOULD reapply the stock recovery image on each boot!

P

Guest pjg_pigeon

My update from 2.1 to latest 2.1 went well.

I have been able to access the main o2 site for the first time ever.

Still unable to play or even recognise .wma music files, anyone else seeing this ? This was working in 1.6

Guest Warpedflash
Sorry, overwritten mine already... but it SHOULD reapply the stock recovery image on each boot!

P

My problem is it wont boot as i have formated over everything to re-flash it!

I can get kouch's on there so could you whip up an update.zip? :huh:

If you add something to the home screen the menu that pops up is jerky and very laggy. Its also like that in some other menus where the desktop dims behind the menu.

Guest jannism

Hmm, twenty minutes in the fridge with the battery out has at least enabled it to boot up. Baseband, build numbers etc all saying what they should be now, at least. Several crashes and now no signal.

Pretty sure I've done all that can be done now. Goodnight, world. See you in (whenever)