07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest le_lutin
That looks nice, is it completely bug free?

P

I just tried that 3d gallery

Pros:

- Nicer looking

- Higher resolution (you can zoom into photos further)

- It seems to cache all thumbnails so that they are already displayed when you open the gallery. HTC's gallery always seems to regenerate thumbnails every time it is opened.

Cons:

The pinch to zoom doesn't quite work properly. It jumps around the place (pinch zoom on a photo a bit and then pinch zoom a bit more).

Guest dchuraman

+1 to remove Wavesecure, when it locks my phone, all i have to do is press Home and it unlocks it for a period of time, during which i can access data etc. kinda defeats the point IMO

Guest TheScrub

One small thing that bugs me about MCR releases is that you're still left with a black notification bar after removing sense (as well as various small bugs associated with removing it), is there any way to obtain a truly vanilla feel when baking a rom?

Guest le_lutin
Go for an AOSP ROM if you want that (crap) vanilla feel - I love the fact you have the black bar as the white looks stupid against the dark Desire housing

+1

Guest TheScrub
Go for an AOSP ROM if you want that (crap) vanilla feel - I love the fact you have the black bar as the white looks stupid against the dark Desire housing

It's not a game changer by any means, I just prefer the lighter theme as it blends in nicely with launcherpro.

Paul's doing an excellent job and offers one of the best roms out there, but why allow you to remove sense and its related widgets if there little niggly bugs remain...You might as well not bother and leave sense in anyway.

The black bar isn't 'Sense' though, you can get themes to make the white bar black so it's just theming...and theme changes are up to the individual as this is a Sense-based ROM

Guest bigthunderkid

apologies in advance if these questions have already been asked elsewhere. I did a search of the forum and couldn't find the answers....

1. Does the option to include Sub501's governor settings mean that installing the SetCPU app would be redundant - or do they complement each other?
  2. If ok to use both the governor settings and SetCPU, are there any settings in SetCPU that must be avoided to prevent any conflicts?

thx

pete

Guest TheScrub
The black bar isn't 'Sense' though, you can get themes to make the white bar black so it's just theming...and theme changes are up to the individual as this is a Sense-based ROM

No it's not, but it's a part of the sense theme which isn't removed when it's left out of the kitchen. You'd think that removing sense would restore the vanilla feel whilst still being able to enjoy the benefits of an mcr release.

The whole point of having a kitchen is to allow users to customise roms to their liking, s'all I'm getting at.

Edited by TheScrub

Sense is the UI, not the theme. Removing Sense restores the stock Launcher/lock screen but not the theme...

Anyway, I doubt Paul will do it - he's got his vanilla Android ROM for that (which he'll apparently update at some point - is that right, Paul?? :P )

Guest TheScrub
Sense is the UI, not the theme. Removing Sense restores the stock Launcher/lock screen but not the theme...

Anyway, I doubt Paul will do it - he's got his vanilla Android ROM for that (which he'll apparently update at some point - is that right, Paul?? :P )

Ahh yes, I forgot we would soon be getting a cyanogenmod kitchen :) I'll just wait till then, can't be arsed flashing themes until the highly anticipated S-Off is firmly in our grasp!

Guest le_lutin
That's why I've got back to stock for now, CBA flashing multiple ROMs each day - gonna wait for the S-Off and then go mad on something!! :P

Can you remind me what the S-OFF thing will actually give us? Something about reading/writing to system, but what will that translate into in terms of functionality?

apologies in advance if these questions have already been asked elsewhere. I did a search of the forum and couldn't find the answers....
  1. Does the option to include Sub501's governor settings mean that installing the SetCPU app would be redundant - or do they complement each other?
  2. If ok to use both the governor settings and SetCPU, are there any settings in SetCPU that must be avoided to prevent any conflicts?
thx

pete

Hi

You can go here http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...ods-for-mcr-r8/ your questions is covered there. If you need more info on this there is a link to XDA. :P

Hope this help.

Grobie

Guest pfsykes
Can you remind me what the S-OFF thing will actually give us? Something about reading/writing to system, but what will that translate into in terms of functionality?

system write access during normal operation

Peter

Guest Noonski
Oooh, the smooth icons are nice. I wonder if jercik would mind me making a non-percentage version?

P

Don't think he would have a problem with that as there's already modded versions of his Smooth Sense.

I've alerted him to the Query anyway :P

Thanks for the RIL update it was indeed the most important one, and saves me flashing it myself.

Anyway, I doubt Paul will do it - he's got his vanilla Android ROM for that (which he'll apparently update at some point - is that right, Paul?? :) )

Not if we keep him working his ass of on R9/10/11 :(

+1 on the Reboot Mod from:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=776495

(if snq- don't mind it being added)

Just flashed it and it feels like it should always have been there in the first place.

(The added reboot into recovery is an extra for us Flash Frenzy Fiends)

Edited by Noonski

Ahh yes, I forgot we would soon be getting a cyanogenmod kitchen :) I'll just wait till then, can't be arsed flashing themes until the highly anticipated S-Off is firmly in our grasp!

I have S-OFF as I was lucky enough to catch the guys in IRC needing a volunteer to try their hacked Hboot :P It went smooth on my phone so I expect it will be released pretty soon.

Pic here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1320425/2010-09-07%2016.23.28.jpg

Am able to remount system as r/w while normally booted and make updates :(

Works fine so far, Droidwall finally working too.

German/European Date issues still there as described in this thread. Any chances on fixing this anytime soon? In the german T-Mobile branded Version of Android 2.1 everything worked fine, even with the ROM used for rooting in this thread.

It just stopped working after applying the Froyo MCR r5/r8

Anyone else having unstable reception. Mines jumping between strong signal and no signal. It appears one and two bar signal strength no longer exists. Changing radio doesn't appear to make a difference. I've encountered thus on various roms over the past couple of weeks.