07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ruslanvetra
Sorry for getting back to you so late, but yes it's LIKE that widget, but different (i bought it, but it's not satisfying my needs).

The one from your link makes my phone crash/get really slow, when toggling 3G.

The one from OpenDesire & Cyonagen doesn't have that problem, so maybe they use something slightly different? Their options for Data Connection toggling are different and the whole configuration of the widget looks different.

I've asked AdamG what he's using as a Power Control Widget, but no response as of yet.

OpenDesire & Cyonagen power widget is different 100%. Where did they got it, that`s the question.

I assume it is "not in stores" and is "home made".

But it is the best widget!!

Also settings.apk is different and is specially remade for the widget i assume!!

Edited by ruslanvetra

I have tried multiple times and failed each time to concoct a framework_res.apk which has everything that I want - I am getting something wrong but just can't figure out what it is. Looking towards you to help me out here.

Regards,

Kiran

if you are in fiddling with the framework, this could also be your thing

mac/linux - theme your rom with android ThemePro

Guest dari1989

Hey everyone,

the new r9 is very good, but i've got a question, what is" Sub501's governor optimisations"?

I don't understand the disciption in the kitchen... :P

Guest inigoml
around some more and facebook integration now works after manually removing and re-syncing. Gmail still isn't working without manual refresh, however forced sync does not appear to work at all which makes me wonder if there are any permissions issues around syncing. Coming from the last R8 WIP (where I experienced similar problems), to this one with a full wipe between each I think this is a little odd.

There is a bug with all Froyo HTC ROMs with PUSH on secondary gmail accounts. Only primary account get notified via PUSH. Workaround is manually sync...

This is coming, but there are complexities around this as the options change...

P

I know it is coming, but with the kitchen being overcrowded and unwieldy as it is, it's just about impossible to build a consistent rom over different updates; this makes troubleshooting issues between versions just about impossible.

Don't get me wrong, I still prefer MCR over any other roms I've tried, I'm glad I've paid for AdFree, but this kitchen thig is getting more and more annoying.

On a side note, if you do add Smooth Sense without a percentage, it would be nice to have the option of one showing the percentage as well.

Have tried searching the forum but can't find an answer so sorry if this has been asked else where.

My friend has just got a new Desire (SLCD version) and I was wandering if this ROM would support it OK?

Guest Sleepydude

I'm having a problem with adding Facebook sync...

Did a full wipe, installed r9 with Facebook app baked in. When I go to Settings>Accounts & Sync>add Facebook account the first time I can add my login details and it launches the FB app. But then Facebook isn't listed under Accounts & Sync settings. If I try to add it again by selecting Add account>Facebook, nothing happens when I try to select Facebook.

Btw, this is not "Facebook for HTC Sense", I'm talking about the official Facebook app.

Guest MisterTC

Hi Paul,

Is it possible to add a feature to the ROM that lets people set the max and min for the the auto brightness. For example I'd like to set the min to be 15% and max 55% so auto brightness adjust the brightness of the screen within this range?

Thanks a lot.

Guest inigoml
I'm having a problem with adding Facebook sync...

Btw, this is not "Facebook for HTC Sense", I'm talking about the official Facebook app.

With R8 this was discussed. You have to install both Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense in order to get FB contacts synced.

Guest Barbaloui
Have tried searching the forum but can't find an answer so sorry if this has been asked else where.

My friend has just got a new Desire (SLCD version) and I was wandering if this ROM would support it OK?

These ROM's do support the SLCD screens. Just make sure your friend uses this Root Method found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=748618

I used this method and have been using Paul's Rom's without any problems.

I get the error

E:Can't symlink /system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip

E:Failure at line 384:

symlink /system/local/bootanimation.zip SYSTEM:customize/resource/bootanimation.zip

Installation aborted.

Guest David Szabo

When I include Sub501's governor settings (either via the kitchen or otherwise) the Market seems to take forever when downloading a new app or an app update.

Happens in both r8 and r9 even with a full wipe.

Guest snapilica
When I include Sub501's governor settings (either via the kitchen or otherwise) the Market seems to take forever when downloading a new app or an app update.

Happens in both r8 and r9 even with a full wipe.

I have that issue but frankly I don't see how a governor affects that. Anyway you can solve the issue by clearing cache for the market app. It worked for me anyway.

Guest David Szabo
I have that issue but frankly I don't see how a governor affects that. Anyway you can solve the issue by clearing cache for the market app. It worked for me anyway.

OK thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Can't see how the governor affects that either, but I've isolated the problem to whatever comes with that zip file.

Guest Sleepydude
With R8 this was discussed. You have to install both Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense in order to get FB contacts synced.

Yeah I have both of them installed, I have tried setting up Facebook for HTC Sense first then regular Facebook... still doesn't work for me...

I get the error

there is no directory /system/local

should be /data/local

are you sure you are using r9 mcr?

because the script says:

symlink /data/local/bootanimation.zip SYSTEM:customize/resource/bootanimation.zip

Edited by woti17

Guest LouiS22

Update Information:

1.Android OS update patch

2.Enhanced multi inbox Gmail support

3.Improved RUS keyboard layout

I believe they fixed the peep authentication issue as well.