07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Got the 'update available' message but when trying to install it I get a 'signature verification failed' error with the ! icon. I can see an option to turn off signature checking in clockword MOD but I can't see how to do that _and_ continue the update installation. Anyone completed this update successfully? Really hoping to fix the multiple Gmail account issue!

Got the 'update available' message but when trying to install it I get a 'signature verification failed' error with the ! icon. I can see an option to turn off signature checking in clockword MOD but I can't see how to do that _and_ continue the update installation. Anyone completed this update successfully? Really hoping to fix the multiple Gmail account issue!

Don't try to update a Modaco rom with the official OTA-update. Wait for Paul to update the kitchen.

Don't try to update a Modaco rom with the official OTA-update. Wait for Paul to update the kitchen.

Ah, ok - thanks for the advice :-) Presumably I would have broken something quite badly?!

OpenDesire & Cyonagen power widget is different 100%. Where did they got it, that`s the question.

I assume it is "not in stores" and is "home made".

But it is the best widget!!

Also settings.apk is different and is specially remade for the widget i assume!!

It is indeed the best widget (the OpenDesire one), adn the question is ofcourse would it be possible to implement in MCR?

Ah, ok - thanks for the advice :-) Presumably I would have broken something quite badly?!

Even in the best case scenario that you actually got it to work, you would have lost root.

Even in the best case scenario that you actually got it to work, you would have lost root.

Yeah - I was getting ahead of myself (really wanted to fix the email issue!) and reading around more I can see that I would have lost root and probably a lot more. That adds my vote to please base R9 on WWE 2.10 OTA or at least the part that fixes the Gmail multi-account sync problem :-)

Guest foxmeister
There is a bug with all Froyo HTC ROMs with PUSH on secondary gmail accounts. Only primary account get notified via PUSH. Workaround is manually sync...

I have 4 Gmail accounts, all syncing fine on MCR8. However, it did take a couple of days for the secondary account sync to "kick in".

Regards,

Dave

I have 4 Gmail accounts, all syncing fine on MCR8. However, it did take a couple of days for the secondary account sync to "kick in".

Regards,

Dave

You're lucky as it's been broken for me since updating to 2.2 (first R5 and now R8 - 2 out of 4 accounts completely dead, 1 working well, 1 is variable!). Seems to be v. common based on Google's Froyo discussion forums. The latest 2.10 OTA update references fixing a multiple email account bug, and I'm assuming this is it.

Guest Kiran J. Holla
Hi

Just a little question: which is the difference between Sub501's governor and SetCPU App? if they are different, wich one is the best?

Thanks

Read this for the answer.

Regards,

Kiran

Guest Noonski
Have tried searching the forum but can't find an answer so sorry if this has been asked else where.

My friend has just got a new Desire (SLCD version) and I was wandering if this ROM would support it OK?

And if your friend has a newer Hboot there's also a Method to downgrade that to 0.83 unless the previously mentioned method already does the job.

(i did the downgrade first and then the Rooting, for a friend of mine)

What should also be addressed is the fact that, when including the Sense Facebook application and using the syncing features, it will try to call the FriendStream app (and fail), making Android non-critically stuck in a timeout loop for the sync (AFAICT, it just runs all the time and annoys by giving a permanent sync icon - even in Airplane mode).

Guest armshouse

Hi,

Does anyone know if we can download the latest OTA desire update without losing root?

Thanks

Sorry -- missed the posts above for some reason... ignore me

Edited by armshouse

Guest Lokicoon
Just noticed undervolt as part of the Power Saver pack in that thread.

Can you tell me what this does? Is it safe to use over long term?

Lower voltage = longer battery life

And it's safe.

Guest Audioboxer

Now that Sub501's governor settings are included should I uninstall SetCPU? Thanks

Also could it be possible for the undervolt settings people are talking about to be included in r9? (everyone seems to say better battery with no issues).

Installed r9 over r8 and boom force closes all over the place - phone is completely unusable.

I had the r8 ril from the other post, and installed r9over that (with the new r9 powersaver stuff in the kitchen).

Anyone else had this?

Guest Asselberghs
Installed r9 over r8 and boom force closes all over the place - phone is completely unusable.

I had the r8 ril from the other post, and installed r9over that (with the new r9 powersaver stuff in the kitchen).

Anyone else had this?

Did you wipe before update to R9?

Just noticed undervolt as part of the Power Saver pack in that thread.

Can you tell me what this does? Is it safe to use over long term?

Regards,

Kiran

just make sure undervolt.ko matches your kernel, and the number after 2.6.32-15

or it won't load and do nothing