07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Sorry for that noob question but I'm using a2sd+ and want to rebake and reflash. How am I supposed to do? Do I have to format the ext3 partition or not? However i'll backup everything with Titanium but I'm not sure if I have to format or not...

Thank you a lot

No need to reformat.

I always backup everything with Titanium Backup and use Rom manager to install new ROMs. (I always select the backup option in Rom Manager as well).

Should be no need to wipe either. Without a wipe the phone will be just as is was before, but with a new Rom.

If you do wipe, you will need to use TB to restore all backed-up apps and data. Any apps previously on the Ext 3 partition will be returned there.

This shouldn't generally be an issue, basically I included Maps in my optimisation scripts and resigned it when I shouldn't have.

I'll make sure this doesn't happen in future releases.

P

just rebaked, 4.5.0 was toggled on in the kitchen, but its not in the baked rom (actually i cant find it in my application list)

This shouldn't generally be an issue, basically I included Maps in my optimisation scripts and resigned it when I shouldn't have.

P

mmhhh ... good to hear. I just wonder why installing still failed after removing old maps from /system and why the street-view-addon still fails (even if i managed to get the new maps installed properly now). But i guess this is just because i have no real clue about all that stuff in depth ;-)

i can happily wait for next release where this is supposed to be fixed - nevertheless i am just curious ;-)

Marcus

Guest snapilica
Quick question:

If I include the Custom governor settings, would I still need SetCPU?

No :P

If you still want SetCPU though, you have to delete "/system/etc/init.d/98mods01_screenstate_scalling" BEFORE you install SetCPU.

Wow, thanks for the excellent reply.

I did have an idea as to what IPv6 was, just wasn't sure what would be the reason for disabling it.

Thanks,

Ben

I presume that it will save you a bit of space on your phone, since the entire world or at least the public internet and private internal networks still runs IPv4 there is no need (yet) to be able to understand and work with IPv6.

That said we are about to, my guess is within years not decades but nothing is certain, run out of IPv4 addresses and as more and more devices connects to the internet we are running on a finite set of IPv4 addresses in the available space and at some point we are sure to run out.

When that happens no more devices will be able to connect to the internet as the "Network" that is the internet will not be able to allocate more addresses.

So before this happens we have to go over to IPv6, if I recall correctly our readable IP´s when viewed with ipconfig for instance or ifconfig under linux will be converted from base10, which is normal readable numbers and then dots to seperate as the notation, into base16 which is hexidecimal and that will be quite a bit more confusing but it will happen at one point or another.

We have to convert or update to make all our devices that are now connected to the internet able to understand the IPv6 Hex addresses rather than our current IPv4 addresses.

It´s this "understanding" that you can disable if you are not concerned about the IPv6 addresses yet.

This is my guess at least. (based upon what I´ve got of Cisco and network knowledge)

Here´s an example:

My internal IP in IPv4 format is: 192.168.2.197

Converted to IPv6 it looks like this: fe80::201:6cff:fe58:669e

two :: following each other represents a bunch of all 0 and can thus be omitted in this way.

As these are internal IP´s there´s no problem posting them as they do not exsist beyond the router anyway and thus cannot be accessed from the other side, the internet.

So there you have it, a bit about IPv4 and IPv6 and why IPv6 one day will be necessary.

Guest shadamehr

P

YOUR the man, MR O!

Guest bigdan35
Thanks all but a last question : if I already have the new radio, can I disable it in the kitchen? Even if I wipe everything?

Yes because the Radio always stays the same :P, unless you reflash it yourself of course!

Dan

Guest nEUTRon666

Can't find anything about that. Still O2 Germany and Vodafone are also using 2.10 ..thought the next release here would be based on that :P I tried the Vodafone device from a friend of mine and it's really a bit faster in overall...

It's not like MCR, or in fact stock or any mod, is exactly slow though is it? Not really worth QQing about. In fact in my opinion the speed difference people think they feel between mods is largely psychosomatic.

I'm on stock currently and used the 2.10.405.2 RUU and have to say it's fine (I've rooted in case, though). There are few glitches which I'm guessing HTC have had reported to them so have removed it for now...hopefully a new revision will come about soon

Might be just me but when I reinstall this update I get no google maps at all. It was there before without a wipe, recooked the rom and tired again but its not there, cant get it of the market either.

Might be just me but when I reinstall this update I get no google maps at all. It was there before without a wipe, recooked the rom and tired again but its not there, cant get it of the market either.

I'm having the same issue. no Google maps (or Navigation) on the device after tflashing r9 from today (sept. 10)

Guest nEUTRon666
It's not like MCR, or in fact stock or any mod, is exactly slow though is it? Not really worth QQing about. In fact in my opinion the speed difference people think they feel between mods is largely psychosomatic.

I really know what you mean, but in this case, 2.10 is in fact really faster and snappier..

Guest EHtiger1966

Me too just downloaded it from Market place

+ 1. Dowloaded ok from market though.

Also having a few freezing problems with the latest bake. Am rolling back a couple....

Can some one tell me what CFQ IO Scheduler Module

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...ods-for-mcr-r8/

Excerpt from Linux Kernel Help: "The CFQ I/O scheduler tries to distribute bandwidth equally among all processes in the system. It should provide a fair and low latency working environment, suitable for both desktop and server systems. This is the default I/O scheduler."