07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Nice one mate, ran remove script and scripts 1-3 as I have SetCPU slthough am wondering if there's any point in having it now..have set it to interactive and disabled my screen on.off profile...is it just a middle man that's not required and I can just run script 4???

My battery is down by 12% in 3hrs15 and all I've done is update via friendstream once and connect to WiFi for 30 mins but only actually browsed for a couple. This is down much quicker than usual, considering my screen has mostly been offf as I drove to work today... think it may be the new radio :lol:

To be honest I'm not 100% sure I understand your config. Have you interactive always on ? What is screen on/off profile?

If you use script "4" you no longer need setcpu.

To be honest I'm not 100% sure I understand your config. Have you interactive always on ? What is screen on/off profile?

If you use script "4" you no longer need setcpu.

SetCPU used to be set to 'ondemand' prior to me installing your scripts but since i have installed the scripts it's set to 'interactive'.

The screen on/off profile was a profile I had created and set myself within SetCPU for the cpu to run at the min value when the screen was turned off and at the max value when turned on. I've now disabled this.

Yeah I thought that was the case with script 4 which is why I haven't installed it yet. Not too sure what to do with SetCPU you see.

Okay, to fix the bootanimation (the update script should be fixed as well):

adb reboot recovery

adb shell mount -a

adb shell rm /system/customize/resource/bootanimation.zip

adb shell ln -s /data/local/bootanimation.zip /system/media/

adb reboot

It works again! Thank you, Yepayepa! :lol:

Guest Subject Delta

I was wrong about the battery drain, it is still occurring. It only seems to happen after I launch the Facebook app, I have it set to sync every 30 minutes, but I don't recall it causing battery drain before :/

Guest MacCarron

Paul, is there any chance you could look into usb-mode transfer speeds? I think ALL roms out there have the same problem: Usb mode is as slow as hell :lol:. I have a class10 sd and when it is plugged directly into my pc is usually writes at 10-15Mb/s, when it's in the phone in usb mode i call myself lucky if i get 2Mb/s B). I just hope it's not kernel related (fool's hope?)

Guest Kiran J. Holla

Paul,

Anything you could do to make Gmail & Google Maps updateable from the market in R9, would be greatly appreciated. Is it a simple matter of excluding Gmail and Google Maps from the bake and installing them from the market?

I have been using R8 and have been able to use adb to get to a place where GMail has been installed from the market. However Google Maps just fails to install irrespective of what I do.

Regards,

Kiran

Paul,

Anything you could do to make Gmail & Google Maps updateable from the market in R9, would be greatly appreciated. Is it a simple matter of excluding Gmail and Google Maps from the bake and installing them from the market?

I have been using R8 and have been able to use adb to get to a place where GMail has been installed from the market. However Google Maps just fails to install irrespective of what I do.

Regards,

Kiran

Go to settings applications wipe Mapsm Data and Cache, Force Stop, Remove, then isntall from market.

That did it for me.

And i'm also finding the 32.48.00.32U_5.11.05.14 radio drawing more Juice then radio before that (17_2 & 23)

How do I remove the Custom governor settings script? It is making music skip

I suppose the music skip is happening with screen off. It is somehow normal as the CPU is running at 245Mhz . A quick fix is to instruct powersave script to use ondemand (default htc setting if I remember) with max freq set to 1Ghz. Of course you can play with the maxfreq value and find a value that allow music play. This way you may save some juice. Possible freq values for Desire are listed on top of the cfg file.

modify /data/etc/98_99_powermanagement.conf and set ondemand for screenoff:

SLEEP_GOVERNOR="ondemand"

SLEEP_GOVERNOR_FREQENCY_MAX="998400"

Save then reboot.

Edited by Sub501

Guest Subject Delta
Paul, is there any chance you could look into usb-mode transfer speeds? I think ALL roms out there have the same problem: Usb mode is as slow as hell :lol:. I have a class10 sd and when it is plugged directly into my pc is usually writes at 10-15Mb/s, when it's in the phone in usb mode i call myself lucky if i get 2Mb/s B). I just hope it's not kernel related (fool's hope?)

I have exactly the same problem with my Class 6 card (even when using USB-MS mode from recovery), I believe it is to do with Apps2SD.

Guest TheScrub
I suppose the music skip is happening with screen off.

I had my phone plugged in via usb today and it skipped whilst playing music, the screen's kept alive with tasker profile so I don't think it's limited to the screen being off.

Edited by TheScrub

I have exactly the same problem with my Class 6 card (even when using USB-MS mode from recovery), I believe it is to do with Apps2SD.

So it wasn't psychological, when I found Transfer speed being a bit slower..

I'd like to retest speeds against a version without the A2SD SD card corruption Fix.

How do I go about removing this fix?

Guest lnoormohamed

guys i think i know why we have battery drain so much.... i compared my friends stock nexus one with stock rom.

stock nexus one brightness set to auto....htc desire MCR R9 set to auto (wip), and my htc desire's screen brightness is higher than the nexus. so i thought lets try cm rom on the desire and its set to auto and the brightness is low compared to MCR rom

btw both have amoled screens

guys i think i know why we have battery drain so much.... i compared my friends stock nexus one with stock rom.

stock nexus one brightness set to auto....htc desire MCR R9 set to auto (wip), and my htc desire's screen brightness is higher than the nexus. so i thought lets try cm rom on the desire and its set to auto and the brightness is low compared to MCR rom

btw both have amoled screens

Could be, for me in auto it is always too bright. The sensor is not working very well. Sometimes I have to switch the screen off then on - this way the sensor is dimming the brightness.

Could be, for me in auto it is always too bright. The sensor is not working very well. Sometimes I have to switch the screen off then on - this way the sensor is dimming the brightness.

+1 I also find the Auto settings to bright for occasions.

And just a little lower can already save the day in those days.. you play around to much with your Android Extension.

I had my phone plugged in via usb today and it skipped whilst playing music, the screen's kept alive with tasker profile so I don't think it's limited to the screen being off.

Hmm, quite strange, are you sure is related to the power script? Normally when the screen is on the interactive governor min245/max1Ghz is used. Are you playing online streams or from non-local devices (samba, ftp)?

Right now I'm playing some FLACs from my SDCARD (class6) using andless player, screen is off (245Mhz)... no problems.

UPDATE

Playing mp3s (256kbps) from SDCARD, screen off, default player - no problems.

I'm sure it is not a power script problem.

Edited by Sub501

Guest lnoormohamed

you too, flashed cm on the desire just to see if i can get more out of my battery. them will revert back to next MCR release.

currently i am only getting half a day with barly any usage since i rooted. hopefully i can get more than half a day out of my battery.

hope this issue is fixed soon.....

I don't know how you guys use your phone but my desire has 8 hours of wifi, some mail, calls and messages and I get two days out of my battery. Well two days and some change.

Screen is set on auto.

Guest lnoormohamed
I don't know how you guys use your phone but my desire has 8 hours of wifi, some mail, calls and messages and I get two days out of my battery. Well two days and some change.

Screen is set on auto.

what!!!! please let me in on the secret. just the other day i left the phone fully charged not used it. left it in my car and after college (9-5) got back to it and its on 19% hmmm not good.

Screen is set on auto.

It depends. I used to get 7 days with WiFi on for a few minutes, and 5-6 calls on that week but of course this is an exception.

Charged 1.5 days ago, did a lot of SSH with WiFi on and screen off, also 2 reboots to flash some updates, watching a movie for about 30 minutes, some 3G and now I have 15%.

On a normal usage : 1 hour of 3g/day, some calls and 10-20min of video/day I get 3 to 4.5 days. R8+powermanagement script.