07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Martin Stolk

Include CIFS .ko modules

Fixed route mappings using OpenVPN

Long press volume up to increase screen brightness

Long press volume down to decrease screen brightness

Circle battery mod

Exciting times :P

Looking for 1 feature addition and 2 solutions, so if someone can propose a way to solve them in R9, I will be a happy guy:

1. RTL support - believe such exists, but is limited to certain arabic ROMS

2. SD corruption issue - there has been several discussions but with no real solution that i am aware of (At the end of the day it happened to me ever since moving to FROYO with A2SD+ - R7 as well as R8)

3. Reboots when using Waze navigation software - to the best of my knowledge, no one has come up with the an idea as to what could cause such drastic behaviour by the phone (especially since the reboots seem to happen occasionally and on an erratic basis).

any (or all :P ) solutions would be appreciated.

if thats still your problem, you should wipe ext3-partition and use another method to flash (maybe rommanager ...),

seems

- a mess with your character code

as you see the escape sequences (normaly for bold, colors etc in a shell) which you shouldn't see with ls -l

probably one of this sequences is missing a part of ...

and,

- maybe more important: you claim to have A2SD, but your symlinks are for A2SD+

hint: you cannot overwrite symlinks, they have to be deleted and made new ....

Thanks, but I don't think I understand what you are trying to say...

My partition is ext2. Does it matter whether it is ext2 or ext3 for A2SD to work?

I'm definitely using A2SD, not A2SD+, unless there was some mixed up in the kitchen... and I did wipe everything, including ext and cache, before I flashed the MCR

To PAUL

updaiting about power widget.

Would be gr8 if the new opendesire like power widget (with possibility to switch 2g to 3g in one click) would work without sense.

I mean also without sense, after removing sense

I would like to have a better power widget as well. Not sure if we are talking about the same one, but I would like the configurable one from cyanogenmod.

Thanks, but I don't think I understand what you are trying to say...

My partition is ext2. Does it matter whether it is ext2 or ext3 for A2SD to work?

I'm definitely using A2SD, not A2SD+, unless there was some mixed up in the kitchen... and I did wipe everything, including ext and cache, before I flashed the MCR

(ext3 is basically ext2 with journaling)

if you ask me, you have either r3.1 and r8 mixed up, or A2SD mixed with A2SD+

maybe some symlinks stayed from 3.1 and have resisted flashing r8 (can't tell remotly, i've A2SD+ since beginning, from what i've seen from your other thread you have a different linked system as the other who listed his system)

other possibillity your ext partition is corrupt, or wrong formated

any chance you have "gparted" programm to test the sd, maybe new partition?

or to you have "terminal" programm? you could to a mount without options, this shows mounted partitions, and the filesystem and ro/rw

and the mountpoints

btw how did you flash, rommanager or adb?

Edited by woti17

(ext3 is basically ext2 with journaling)

if you ask me, you have either r3.1 and r8 mixed up, or A2SD mixed with A2SD+

maybe some symlinks stayed from 3.1 and have resisted flashing r8 (can't tell remotly, i've A2SD+ since beginning, from what i've seen from your other thread you have a different linked system as the other who listed his system)

other possibillity your ext partition is corrupt, or wrong formated

any chance you have "gparted" programm to test the sd, maybe new partition?

or to you have "terminal" programm? you could to a mount without options, this shows mounted partitions, and the filesystem and ro/rw

and the mountpoints

btw how did you flash, rommanager or adb?

I use flash using AmonRA recovery.

Honestly I had the same problem when I was using MCR 3.1, but I have NEVER used A2SD+. I've heard many stories people having problem with Dalvik cache moving to SD (no idea how many of them were true), so from the very beginning I avoided A2SD+.

Hey paul,

Any chance you can add FLAC support into the default music player (same as in cynogen roms)?

I know that there are third pary music players that supports flac playback but none of them plays the flac files when in bluetooth mode.

Before the desire I had the G1 with cynogen rom and it worked perfectly with my stereo blutooth headset.

Thanks in advance :-)

-> HID support (if this is at all possible with Sense (you need a cutom kernel for sure))

-Why: BEcause I want to be able to use a BT keyboard without buying some new crap supporting the whack-standard HTC supports

-> /system folder mounted somewhere else using something similar to unoinfs (aufs) (thread at xda)

- Why: AdBlock, DroidWall, Metamorph etc. working seamlessly without dirty hacks or manual symlinks, sometimes requiering kernel tweaks and whatnot. This is one solution fixes em' all. While many people might not request this because they don't need/think about - trust me - we all would benefit.

-> fuse compress for dalvik cache.

- Why: I'm running out of internal space even though I have forcibly moved all aps to sd card (Froyo SD) It is not the app data, so it must be the cache?

And a question: Why would we need a special module to keep wifi awake? The "hidden" option in settings has always worked flawlessly for me.

-> fuse compress for dalvik cache.

- Why: I'm running out of internal space even though I have forcibly moved all aps to sd card (Froyo SD) It is not the app data, so it must be the cache?

because the internal storage is eaten up by /data/data (ie google earth data not apk eats 17MB) which is not on sd?

because the internal storage is eaten up by /data/data (ie google earth data not apk eats 17MB) which is not on sd?
Sorry, meant to say it is not the ap, so it must be data/cache.

While I checked Google Earths data usage (a known sinner), it wasn't that app this time.

Bah, Google should have put a lower limit on availible-to-user-memory of 750MB to sell a device with Android Market on from the start! We can only hope they realize their error with Ginger Bread. (Ofc they need to exclude upgrades for current phones with lower memory like our lovely Desire from this demand) :P

Guest billydavey

For some reason I'm unable to add any of the included widgets from this update onto any of my home screens.

When long pressing and choosing widgets they don't appear in the list.

If I select 'Get more widgets' from the list they show as 'Installed' already but don't show in my apps list either?

Anyone know why I'm not able to select them?

Regarding Custom Ingredients...

I had great fun adding my own ringtones and notifications to the ROM when I baked R8, but I'm a complete noob so wasn't really sure what else I could do with it. Depending on the limitations of the kitchen, it might be cool to either expand the help text for custom ingredients in the kitchen, or,if possible, split it up into a couple of categories, eg. a zip file of ringtones, a zip of notifications, one for alarms, one for apps (which I didn't do because I wasn't sure where exactly to put them, or what the effect might be).

Additionally, again, depending on the capabilities of the kitchen, some of the options should be radio buttons instead of checkmarks.

And finally, I wasted a lot of time looking for the Chrome2Phone APK since it wasn't available for my country in the market, even though it works great now that I have found it. I think it should be a standard/default addition in the kitchen.

Thanks for the great work

Hi

Can someone Please tell me what the symlink must look like for apps2sd+ on r8 if you do a "adb shell ls -l /data".

thanks

Grobie

Edited by Grobie