07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Kiran J. Holla
I can confirm my browser crashes on certain pages since I began using R8, whereas this did not happen when I was using OD 4.0.

I'd like to see this theme added to the kitchen it looks great !

BluFrost MultiROM Theme

Also I know this is a Sense based ROM but in the future would it be possible to have a MCR Sense-Less ROM ?

With so many theme requests, mine included, perhaps Paul would consider putting up a separate Theme Kitchen?? :P

Kiran

Guest ganjamu
If you have ad-free or modaco plus membership, you can remove sense from the rom in the MCR Kitchen and bake it senseless :-D

I know but the Sense slider to answer a call still appears even after I uncheck Sense from the kitchen. Is there a file I should delete from the system/partition before I flash ?

Guest Mushhushshu

+1 for DSP,

+1 for HID compliant bluetooth - no idea if you can do this Paul, if you can it would be amazing as its the only thing that bothers me about my desire.

Not too fussed either way about seeing circle battery etc. in kitchen. Happy enough to flash these myself after.

I know but the Sense slider to answer a call still appears even after I uncheck Sense from the kitchen. Is there a file I should delete from the system/partition before I flash ?

You need to remove the HTC Lock screen...

I did.

Hi

You must include the launcher and exclude rosie /sense and lock screen.

that should work I'm using it lwith this config and its working for me. Please keep in mind with removing the lock screen you will not be able to use your stock alarm as stated in the kitchen.

Grobie

Please don't include any themes, the R8 kitchen was getting very big as it was, and if people want to butcher their phone with ugly colourful icons that makes their phone look like a child's toy - then they can go upload their framework resource files to the many editing websites that have surfaced.

I would like it built on the new FroYo WWE release from HTC, with the dual governor init script.

Please don't include any themes, the R8 kitchen was getting very big as it was, and if people want to butcher their phone with ugly colourful icons that makes their phone look like a child's toy - then they can go upload their framework resource files to the many editing websites that have surfaced.

I would like it built on the new FroYo WWE release from HTC, with the dual governor init script.

+1 - themes FTL

What do you mean by needing iptables? Is this something i need to install?

Thanks

iptables is an kernel extension, it's included in froyo as a commandline binary, but in an old version

don't know what pauls version is at this time,

version 1.4.7 works for me (extracted from an other rom with the same kernel)

you can check your version if you type in terminal

su

/system/bin/iptables -V

if it says 1.3.7 it won't work

if it says "no such file"

it's not proberly installed

hope this helps

Guest ganjamu
Hi

You must include the launcher and exclude rosie /sense and lock screen.

that should work I'm using it lwith this config and its working for me. Please keep in mind with removing the lock screen you will not be able to use your stock alarm as stated in the kitchen.

Grobie

This is exactly what I did, initially when I just flashed the rom I thought it was impossible to completely remove Sense from a MCR rom but after today it seems it is possible to have a "Senseless" ui when running a Sense based rom. The only HTC app I selected from the Kitchen is Teeter and I still get the HTC slider when receiving a call whereas my lockscreen is the stock vanilla one. Any further insight ? Maybe its because I'm using the BluFrost Sense mod.

Edited by ganjamu

WHat I would like to see first, is not so much a new rom, but a new kitchen with the option to save the selections made. With the huge amount of options it's geting nigh on impossible to keep track of the selections made.

So this would be my vote for the number one priority.

Guest Mr Taylor

I have seen on a ROM, an exposed SD_EXT directory in Root Explorer. Would it be possible to have this functionality? (I am assuming I could move things in and out instead of using those horrid ADB commands or my terminal) Linux uses nasty code, but it is nice and fast :P

is this possible with kernel from modaco?:P

the new jailbreak ps3 is here with opendesire

http://pastebin.com/Khy5bfLV

This does indeed look awesome. I am so tempted to just install opendesire right now. It looks like it's just kernel modules though so Paul might be able to support it. Hopefully he can have a look in the morning *pretty please Paul*

This is exactly what I did, initially when I just flashed the rom I thought it was impossible to completely remove Sense from a MCR rom but after today it seems it is possible to have a "Senseless" ui when running a Sense based rom. The only HTC app I selected from the Kitchen is Teeter and I still get the HTC slider when receiving a call whereas my lockscreen is the stock vanilla one. Any further insight ? Maybe its because I'm using the BluFrost Sense mod.

HI

Well in my opinion the next step will be backup all apps + data, rebake your rom with the kitchen do a full wipe include all cache and flash again.

do not apply any mods, first test and see if it works, then apply any mods you want.

Grobie

Guest Albert Poon
Hmmm, i've leaned towards not doing this, what does everyone think?

P

I would like to see the whole project to lean towards stability/functionality/performance, top priority.

Reboot option in power menu!

Did any one try this and is it working for them on r8/r9?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=776495

Grobie

how often do you want to reboot today? ;-)

there are at least 2 apps in the market that provide a widget for that an even more functionality,

for free or 1$ - without that heavy modifications to htc framework

Guest ganjamu
HI

Well in my opinion the next step will be backup all apps + data, rebake your rom with the kitchen do a full wipe include all cache and flash again.

do not apply any mods, first test and see if it works, then apply any mods you want.

Grobie

The HTC Call Slider still appears after I rebaked and flashed with or without the mod. Maybe Paul could shed some light on my situation ?

Guest Zarch1972

I'm all for a close to stock appearance/look as default. You can always add all the graphical mods you want later if you choose.

I will give a +1 to any kernel/powersave/underclock that can help with battery life.

Guest LouiS22
The HTC Call Slider still appears after I rebaked and flashed with or without the mod. Maybe Paul could shed some light on my situation ?

Didn't you restore this with Titanium Backup?

Not attached to any particular implementation, but just want to see battery changes in more granularity than jumps of 20%. You trundle along thinking you have battery and suddenly you have a lot less. Any mod that shows a number in it, would be fine.

I also see a nice one in this theme. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=759449

Yeah, this would be useful, keep the stock look but have more granularity...

P

With so many theme requests, mine included, perhaps Paul would consider putting up a separate Theme Kitchen?? :P

Kiran

That would be cool! Maybe as I open the kitchen infrastructure up to devs other than me this will become a real option!

P

WHat I would like to see first, is not so much a new rom, but a new kitchen with the option to save the selections made. With the huge amount of options it's geting nigh on impossible to keep track of the selections made.

So this would be my vote for the number one priority.

This is coming, but there are complexities around this as the options change...

P