07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest thunderb0lt
That's normal. You'll have to wait 5-10 minutes for it to work. And you didn't tell us if you did a full wipe before installing the new rom. You should try that as well if you didn't.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I think I may have waited at least 5-10 mins but no joy. I hadn't done a full wipe. How do I do a full wipe, is this done from within recovery mode when I use fake flash. Would you suggest I try again. I just won't want to risk bricking lol. I was so glad when I was able to go back to r6.

edit: I tried it again, I did the wipe beforehand. It went to the blue "android" thing, it only stayed on it for a few minutes and then asked me to enter my PIN. Great stuff.

I flashed to the r9 without apps2sd or apps2sd+ if I wanted this do download to flash to these other rooms with them included or is there another way to add them.

Thanks for the great work to all the Devs and helpers who help newbies.

Edited by thunderb0lt

Hi All

Anybody have any problems with ring tones? If I set (either custom or standard tones) for specific people they work fine all the time, but if I set a custom ring-tone as default sometimes the phone forgets and will just vibrate until I reset it. Anybody else getting this?

The Super Circle battery mod has been a very popular one with MoDaCo users going by the discussion on the R8 thread.

Why not include it as a optional item in the kitchen, which is unselected by default?

After all the requests on r8 I was surprised it wasn't included as an option, but as we have http://circle.glx.nl/ now, not really a problem.

There are a lot of people complaining about too many options in the kitchen (the more the better IMHO), I think a far bigger problem is the signal to noise ratio here. Some suggestions:

Add a star/+1/agree/thanks button to each post and show each total (that would reduce a lot of posts)

Add a Ignore button (to get rid of Freda and her followers)

Get a Moderator to prune with a chainsaw (if a post does not specifically reference r<whatever thread is current>, get rid of it), chat/rant/whatever elsewhere on the site, the kitchen threads should be kept as clean as possible.

I am far from an advocate of censorship, but with nearly 2100 posts here, it is FAR too easy for important info to get lost. I think there would only be a couple of hundred posts here (if that) if the above was implemented.

-S

Edited by Sanukk

Guest Arty Marty
Hi All

Anybody have any problems with ring tones? If I set (either custom or standard tones) for specific people they work fine all the time, but if I set a custom ring-tone as default sometimes the phone forgets and will just vibrate until I reset it. Anybody else getting this?

I found that you need to reboot after setting the custom ring, and it works fine after that.

Guest TheUntouchable
So http://circle.glx.nl/ works fine for this ROM as well? All the different options it provides? Was considering to change my boot screen and a few other things and that one seems really nice

Worked for me but i dont remember which options i had chosen B)

Edited by TheUntouchable

I found that you need to reboot after setting the custom ring, and it works fine after that.

Although I very rarely reboot, I did try that several times to no avail. Anyway, I baked and flashed a new ROM last night, see if that helps.

-S

Guest Invisible Elf
Worked for me but i dont remember which options i had chosen B)

Just applied one I baked, with changed boot animation and battery. Battery works, but boot animation didn't... Bummer

Guest StenaviN

I noticed, that PUSH doesn't work for secondary gMail accounts. For primary account it works well.

I've googled a lot and found this answer.

In a few words, HTC have fixed this:

To recap ...

The issue at hand is a general one that affects the ability of additional accounts to auto-sync on some HTC devices running a version of the Android firmware that circulated in August. This means if you have a device such as the HTC EVO 4G or HTC Desire, and you updated your firmware to version 2.2 last month, then auto-sync may only work for one account on your device -- the 'primary' account -- and not for any subsequent accounts you may have added to your phone. If you're not running 2.2, then you're not affected by the issue.

A fix has been released ...

That fix has already made its way to some of you -- mostly in the UK -- via a system update. For those who haven't yet received the update, I still don't have an estimate as to when it will be pushed out for you, since updates ultimately need to come from your carrier. At this point in time, your best point of contact is your carrier regarding a timeline for receiving an update specific to your device.

May be, MCR doesn't contain this fix?

BTW, in the ROM, based on 2.29.405.2 PUSH. Also, I have tried DeFroST 6.0g — PUSH works as well.

Is someone experiencing the same problems with e-mail PUSH for secondary Google accounts?

Guest Arty Marty
Although I very rarely reboot, I did try that several times to no avail. Anyway, I baked and flashed a new ROM last night, see if that helps.

-S

Two questions,

1) are you using all the htc sense options in the build? - perhaps you excluded something that is needed - its not allways obvious or logical.

2) Do you use the htc sync software to sync your contacts to say outlook? - if you do, another thing you can try (this also fixes .acore force close errors)

- back up your contacts to outlook (i have a contacts subfolder called 'HTC Contacts' so it doesent get poluted with regular contacts from outlook)

- Check that it backed up ok (Allways confirm your backups actually work!!)

- go to the phone settings, applications, and look for 'contacts storage' and select 'clear data' (this deletes all the contacts on the phone)

- go into HTC sync again and sync contacts (this will put them all back again)

This seems to clean up any weird things in your contacts, if any contacts have corrupt settings etc...

Worth a try.

Warmly, Marty

any news about r10?

No. You'll notified when there is. It will be in a big sticky on top of this page stating r10 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen.

Two questions,

1) are you using all the htc sense options in the build? - perhaps you excluded something that is needed - its not allways obvious or logical.

Yup, as far as I can see they are all in.

2) Do you use the htc sync software to sync your contacts to say outlook? - if you do, another thing you can try (this also fixes .acore force close errors)

- back up your contacts to outlook (i have a contacts subfolder called 'HTC Contacts' so it doesent get poluted with regular contacts from outlook)

- Check that it backed up ok (Allways confirm your backups actually work!!)

- go to the phone settings, applications, and look for 'contacts storage' and select 'clear data' (this deletes all the contacts on the phone)

- go into HTC sync again and sync contacts (this will put them all back again)

This seems to clean up any weird things in your contacts, if any contacts have corrupt settings etc...

Worth a try.

Don't use LookOut (Linux man), but I do have all the contacts backed up on MyBackup Pro, I assume this would work the same.

Since flashing the new bake I've not had the problem (but that was only last night LOL), so I'll hang on and see if that worked before messing arround with other ideas.

-S

Looking forward to r42 by the way ;^p

Edited by Sanukk

Guest ShirazS
Just applied one I baked, with changed boot animation and battery. Battery works, but boot animation didn't... Bummer

I am having the same problem with the boot animation. Is there any way to fix this or anywhere I can get the Bios boot animation to work with MCR R9?

Guest Arty Marty
I am having the same problem with the boot animation. Is there any way to fix this or anywhere I can get the Bios boot animation to work with MCR R9?

I used to be all hung up about the boot animation, some times it works, some times it doesn't (it seem sto work less reliable if you have a 16gb or about SDHC card too for some reason)

I appreciate that you would like a custom one because it looks nice however...

... The thing is, how often do you reboot your phone?? I am about once every 3-5 days... and usually I am in the middle of doing something (just rebooting because its got a bit flakey) - so I don't find it that productive to watch it...

Its like when microwave ovens first came out - (showing my age a bit) people used to sit there and watch their food cook because it was new and cool.

Now - do you sit there and watch your food cook in the microwave before you eat it?? Really???

... Just sayin....

Guest Arty Marty
Yup, as far as I can see they are all in.

Don't use LookOut (Linux man), but I do have all the contacts backed up on MyBackup Pro, I assume this would work the same.

Since flashing the new bake I've not had the problem (but that was only last night LOL), so I'll hang on and see if that worked before messing arround with other ideas.

-S

Looking forward to r42 by the way ;^p

Hmmm had a few issues with MyBackupPro and contacts, it seemed to double up the facebook/phone/google ones - but that might be something stupid I did, in fact at that time I think MyBackup pro restored the Google ones, as Google was trying to do a gmail sync, and caused a huge cluster F**K

Still, there is always a nandroid before that to be safe....

B)

Guest ShirazS
I used to be all hung up about the boot animation, some times it works, some times it doesn't (it seem sto work less reliable if you have a 16gb or about SDHC card too for some reason)

I appreciate that you would like a custom one because it looks nice however...

... The thing is, how often do you reboot your phone?? I am about once every 3-5 days... and usually I am in the middle of doing something (just rebooting because its got a bit flakey) - so I don't find it that productive to watch it...

Its like when microwave ovens first came out - (showing my age a bit) people used to sit there and watch their food cook because it was new and cool.

Now - do you sit there and watch your food cook in the microwave before you eat it?? Really???

... Just sayin....

It's fixed now \o/

Edited by ShirazS

Guest nevespm1

Hi there,

Been triing to download this modaco r9 rom but with no sucess. When I click the link it just forwards me to the "news" page of the modaco.com.

Any ideas for helping this old noob...

Regards

Guest Steviebabes
You can just download the a2sd or a2sd+ rom, install without wipe and it should work.

Sorry if it's a bit of a divvy question..

Do you have to repartition the SD card when going from a2sd to a2sd+

I guess you do after doing a full backup, or has some one figured out how to do it on the fly yet?

Ta

Steve

No. You don't have to repartition the card because the only difference is the move of Dalvik to ext so you already made an ext partition if you're using a2sd.

Full backup is always recommended but there shouldn't be any problems if you're replacing it with the same rom.