07/Mar Fr11 - WITH SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.2 / Froyo)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest logicalextreme
Now - do you sit there and watch your food cook in the microwave before you eat it?? Really???

Hell no, I go off and do something else and then am annoyed at having to get up again when it's finished. I've got one of those insistent ones that beeps every thirty seconds or so after it's finished until you open the door so my microwave is missing some love.

/offtopic

Guest htcnick

hey, having a problem with my gmail app. It doesnt seem to push the emails through. Is this something wrong with the app/phone settings or google itself. Also it i read the email on my phone, it doesnt change the email on my computer to read, and on the phone app, it still shows a (1), for one email, next to the inbox but the email itself is no longer highlighted. anyone got any ideas.

edit: i also noticed that i cant send emails from my phone, just shows up in the sending folder and stays there.

Edited by htcnick

Guest Seagull81
r9 with default MoDaCo additions and with A2SD - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 51e885db489844e04a0dccecae95a501

Just to clarify, does this version include the radio and does it include A2SD as used by Froyo, or A2SD+ requiring an ext partition?

Edited by Seagull81

does this version include the radio

Yes

does it include A2SD as used by Froyo

Yes. All Froyos have this option but it's usually called APP2SD. It doesn't have an official name but A2SD is something different.

or A2SD+ requiring an ext partition?
It has A2SD which means that you do need an EXT partition but Dalvik cache doesn't get moved (A2SD+ does that). Edited by bpivk

Guest irishandrew

Been away from here for a bit but noticed a few pages back that someone had problems with MMS on Vodafone. I had this after flashing R9 but sorted it, so will post the settings below:

Settigns->Wireless & networks->Mobile networks->Access Point Names

I created one called "Vodafone internet" which is selected. Everything that requires a setting is listed below in order. Everything else should be left blank:

APN: internet

Username: web

Password: web

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0

MMC: 234

MNC: 15

I then have a second APN, not selected, called "Vodafone UK"

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk

Username: wap

Password: wap

MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms

MMS proxy: 212.183.137.12

MMS port: 8799

MMS protocol: WAP 2.0

MMC: 234

MNC: 15

APN type: default,supl,mms

I tried combining these settings into a single APN before to no avail, and having just one or the other also failed. Having both as listed above with "Vodafone internet" selected as default works perfectly though, and MMS's can be sent and received without issue for me.

Best of luck,

Andrew.

Guest Lord_Phoenix

Each time trying to stay with this rom and finding issues... =( Why there is no Facebook sync build in like in all Sense ROMs? Is there any way to add it? Is there any hope for update? This is one of the most outdated roms =(

Guest htcnick
Been away from here for a bit but noticed a few pages back that someone had problems with MMS on Vodafone. I had this after flashing R9 but sorted it, so will post the settings below:

Settigns->Wireless & networks->Mobile networks->Access Point Names

I created one called "Vodafone internet" which is selected. Everything that requires a setting is listed below in order. Everything else should be left blank

I tried combining these settings into a single APN before to no avail, and having just one or the other also failed. Having both as listed above with "Vodafone internet" selected as default works perfectly though, and MMS's can be sent and received without issue for me.

Best of luck,

Andrew.

Thanks for that, but I'm in Australia. It also seems to send but for some reason it shows up as pending. I don't think its Vodafone, I think its the Rom.

Guest htcnick
Each time trying to stay with this rom and finding issues... =( Why there is no Facebook sync build in like in all Sense ROMs? Is there any way to add it? Is there any hope for update? This is one of the most outdated roms =(

Do you know of another room? Everytime I bake this Rom to try fix a problem it seems to forget something, or something doesn't work properly. One of the biggest things I'm not liking right now is the gmail app, doesnt seem to push emails or let me send emails, and I can't do a manual upgrade. Also I can view any website with flash in it. For some reason this version seems to be killing my battery a lot more than r8 too.

Wouldn't mind trying other roms see what there like. It could be the apps and not the Rom, I don't really know.

Guest Seagull81
Do you know of another room? Everytime I bake this Rom to try fix a problem it seems to forget something, or something doesn't work properly. One of the biggest things I'm not liking right now is the gmail app, doesnt seem to push emails or let me send emails, and I can't do a manual upgrade. Also I can view any website with flash in it. For some reason this version seems to be killing my battery a lot more than r8 too.

Wouldn't mind trying other roms see what there like. It could be the apps and not the Rom, I don't really know.

Is it OK to post links to external sites & roms?

Last night I flashed Leedroid , after I failed to get Pays-rom to work! Leedroid looks just like my previous HTC Sense rom, but with ap2sd+. So far it's working just great.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...hlight=leedroid

Guest undisclosedpower

Well I seem to have knackered by own Desire with this one. First attempt at flashing a Rom and i've messed it up! Anyway, I had downloaded the latest version from the first post. Applied it inside recovery and now i'm stuck at the o2 boot screen. I can still get into recovery mode (boot with power and volume down) but I have no idea what to do then. Please help!

Well managed to restore my nandroid backup (thank god for those eh?) and get back to a working phone. The only think I can imagine here as that this ROM isn't compatible with an unrevoked root? Can anyone advise?

Edited by undisclosedpower

Well I seem to have knackered by own Desire with this one. First attempt at flashing a Rom and i've messed it up! Anyway, I had downloaded the latest version from the first post. Applied it inside recovery and now i'm stuck at the o2 boot screen. I can still get into recovery mode (boot with power and volume down) but I have no idea what to do then. Please help!

how long did you wait - it can take up to 20 min until the apps are dexopt-ed?

to check if you have a boot-loop or if its just doing its hard work, connect the phone with usb while it boots, and do

adb shell logcat

you should see what its doing, first you should see a lot of .apk's being dexopted, if this is finished, you see it prepairing the home-screen etc

if the same things come along again and again, its a boot loop and you maybe can see what causes it

Edited by woti17

Guest Lord_Phoenix

Well, here is what you might like: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=809328

I still like the idea of Modaco's kitchen, I used MCR for HTC Hero I had before. For myself I've baked a ROM excluding application as much as possible and installed them using Market Enabler. Works for me. Baked new rom this morning and it looks good to me now, just still wish to have this kitchen updated.

Guest Arty Marty

I have it in mine, what have you included/excluded from the kitchen?

Guest Lord_Phoenix
I have it in mine, what have you included/excluded from the kitchen?

Yeah, I've excluded Facebook, have not seen that Facebook for Sense is also included. Already flashed version w\ Facebook.

Also updated Governor is not a good thing for Skype, if anyone interested, if you're using a headset and switch screen off manually it will really slow down.

Guest undisclosedpower
how long did you wait - it can take up to 20 min until the apps are dexopt-ed?

to check if you have a boot-loop or if its just doing its hard work, connect the phone with usb while it boots, and do

adb shell logcat

you should see what its doing, first you should see a lot of .apk's being dexopted, if this is finished, you see it prepairing the home-screen etc

if the same things come along again and again, its a boot loop and you maybe can see what causes it

I only waited about 5 minutes, got paranoid I suppose. Didn't know I could do anything like that. Now I know I can restore i feel more comfortable waiting a while. Will give the adb command a go too, looks promising. Thanks!

Guest undisclosedpower

Ok, gave it another go this morning. Managed to get adb logcat going. And im definetly stuck in a loop.

D/AndroidRuntime(  412): 

D/AndroidRuntime(  412): >>>>>>>>>>>>>> AndroidRuntime START <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

D/AndroidRuntime(  412): CheckJNI is OFF

D/dalvikvm(  412): creating instr width table

D/dalvikvm(  412): DexOpt: incorrect opt magic number (0xff ff ff ff)

D/dalvikvm(  412): Stale deps in cache file; removing and retrying

W/dalvikvm(  412): partial write in inflate (16344 vs 32768)

E/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to extract+optimize DEX from '/system/framework/core.jar'

D/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/core.jar'

E/dalvikvm(  412): opt header write failed: No space left on device

I/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/ext.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex)

D/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/ext.jar'

I/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/framework.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex)

D/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/framework.jar'

I/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/android.policy.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex)

D/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/android.policy.jar'

I/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/services.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex)

D/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/services.jar'

I/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/com.htc.framework.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex)

D/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/com.htc.framework.jar'

I/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/com.htc.android.pimlib.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex)

D/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/com.htc.android.pimlib.jar'

I/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/com.htc.android.easopen.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex)

D/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/com.htc.android.easopen.jar'

I/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar (/data/dalvik-cache/system@[email protected]@classes.dex)

D/dalvikvm(  412): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar'

E/dalvikvm(  412): ERROR: no valid entries found in bootclasspath '/system/framework/core.jar:/system/framework/ext.jar:/system/framework/framework.jar:/system/framework/android.policy.jar:/system/framework/services.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.framework.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.android.pimlib.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.android.easopen.jar:/system/framework/com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar'

W/dalvikvm(  412): JNI_CreateJavaVM failed

So I'm guessing I need more storage space on my internal memory? Any thoughts on how much I need to free up?

Cheers.

UDP.

You can upgrade/update only if you used MCR before. If you didn't you should always do a wipe or you can and usually will encounter problems.

Always remember to do a wipe before installing any new rom and you'll eliminate the main cause of most problems.

Edited by bpivk

Guest Shizophren

Hi @all. I'm experemeting now for a month with this rom. So far everything fine. I noticed the "memory problem" too. I have another problem with the browser so i don't know if it is this mentioned memory problem.

Sometimes the device gets very laggy, when I'm using the default browser. I don't know exactly when it happens. Flash is disabled!

When i look in OS Monitor App I see, that my browser is up to 10 times open! Every Task has a different Prozess ID, so it is no indication error from OS Monitor. So, what is that? How can I fix it and am I the only one with this problem?

Next time the problem appears, i make a screenshot an post it up.

Where do you browse when you experience lag. Is it any particular website or is it random?

Did you try cleaning your android's and/or browser's cache. You'll get back some internal memory and it could be the cause of the lag.

Edited by bpivk

I was hoping to avoid wiping and just doing an upgrade? Is that not possible?

wipe (or delete files in /data/dalvik-cache in recovery/adb) dalvik-cache as a starter,

that will get you maybe to the home screen.

Guest Shizophren
Where do you browse when you experience lag. Is it any particular website or is it random?

Did you try cleaning your android's and/or browser's cache. You'll get back some internal memory and it could be the cause of the lag.

I wouls say it it ramdomly. I'm not at home and forget my charger so i can't play too much with this phone, cause i need it tomorrow. When i get my charger i test it out. I thought about cleaning the cache too. I did it, but it didn't helped. I think the big problem ist, that the browser is about 15 time open! But for now i absolutely don't now why.

After having tried many of the roms posted on XDA, I installed this one today. The package looks nice to me!

However, I don't have any of included apps. I did download the right version (with apps, with A2SD) Something missing in the zip file?