03/Sep r2 (8105) WIP - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Dell Streak (Android 2.1) Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Was wondering Paul, as some things have been broken in the official release compared to the leaked beta, as reported on many sites, would it be a good idea to be mixing parts of that into this official one? Like the Gyroscope issue. Thanks.

guys put it this way paul is going to keep updating this mcr release if you read his first post he says this is only the begining so you will see plenty of updates as for o2 ha i dont think your be getting much from them :P

Edited by jutley

Guest llecaroz

Paul,

Question, is it possible to propose in your mcr to replace (or to deefinitively remove this one to add another email client) the old version of the k9 mail client by the one in the google market which is newer, supports text selection, and and and Openpgp...

So could you also propose the Apg android openpgp client in the menu also of your kitchen rom tool ?

Thx in advance regards

In the 2.1 build there is still k9 and not the android email app with exchange support ?

Paul,

Question, is it possible to propose in your mcr to replace (or to deefinitively remove this one to add another email client) the old version of the k9 mail client by the one in the google market which is newer, supports text selection, and and and Openpgp...

So could you also propose the Apg android openpgp client in the menu also of your kitchen rom tool ?

Thx in advance regards

Paul,

Thx in advance regards

It's not K9 in the 2.1 build is it?

P

Guest llecaroz
It's not K9 in the 2.1 build is it?

P

You are correct ! it was 1.6, & some of features were merged in 2.1but it appears not to be the full K9 mail full client.

Thx for your correction :P

Regarding the K9 mail client, from your point of view, is it possible to only remove the 2.1 Eclair POP/IMAP/Exchange mail client (not the GMail client) & to replace with the last K9 Mail software (played with it & it is impressive, look at the changelog: http://code.google.com/p/k9mail/wiki/ReleaseNotes )

& I just saw that we can ask not to have the email client in the rom... does it remove only the pop/imap/exchange client or also these+Google Mail ?

If it only remove the pop/imap/exchange, by the way, I will be able to install myself the K9 email client....

Edited by llecaroz

Guest llecaroz
Yes, Gmail and 'email' are seperate APKs, so they are completely independent.

K9 can also coexist with the stock Android email client...

P

So if in the kitchen rom on page 1, I unselect email, it will only remove the email,not gmail, right ?

For the coexistance, yes, you are right, I installed K9 yesturday, forgot to disable the std email accounts & so received double notifications :P!

Guest llecaroz

Another need... lot of us uses ADW & so don't need the default launcher, should it be possible to have a check/uncheck box for the default launcher & another for ADW (because if we unselect the default launcher & don't have ADW, we will have to use the adb install later to install another launcher :P !)

thx in advance

Louis

Guest vinokirk
You say it is fast but I disagree. Could you please post a video of your widget menu scrolling? There may be a reason that some are slow and some are not. Can we also post a screen shot of the about menu?

After updating to the 2.1 MCR after using this method:

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...-flashing-leds/

I am now getting lag when scrolling menus, or having windows open or close.

Guest vinokirk
mine is blistering fast with mcr2

Mine was when i just over wrote the existing ROM i had on, but i got flashing leds. So i did the procedue mentioned about and now, altho i have no flashing lights, it seems a bit laggy when scroling etc.

Mine was when i just over wrote the existing ROM i had on, but i got flashing leds. So i did the procedue mentioned about and now, altho i have no flashing lights, it seems a bit laggy when scroling etc.

i would go back to stock and go through the update to 2.1 and then the whole recovery process again.

Guest strvmarv

Anyone else having problems with SMS/MMS? I've tried all sorts of things...

APN:

Name: AT&T

APN: wap.cingular

Proxy: leave blank

Port: leave blank

Username:[email protected]

Password:CINGULAR1

Server: leave blank

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com

MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32

MMS Port: 80

MCC:310

MNC:410

APN:

above + MMS Port: 8080

APN:

above with Username/Password blank

Nothing works...although my cellular data works just fine...only SMS/MMS is affected...any ideas?

Oh yeah, I'm using an originally US Dell Streak (31) recently flashed to UK (21), upgrade to 2.1 O2, then flashed and reset to this custom ROM (which rocks by the way).

Edited by strvmarv

Clearly something odd is going on with the streak. Why is the 8105 and MCR r2 almost unusable to some, but fine for others? Is it due to the upgrade path? Is it best to go from 4399 to the official 2.1/r2, or from the betas? I went from 6941 to the official and it was terrible, i tried the MCR with a full wipe and cache clear, but it was still almost impossible to use.

Clearly something odd is going on with the streak. Why is the 8105 and MCR r2 almost unusable to some, but fine for others? Is it due to the upgrade path? Is it best to go from 4399 to the official 2.1/r2, or from the betas? I went from 6941 to the official and it was terrible, i tried the MCR with a full wipe and cache clear, but it was still almost impossible to use.

try factory wipe, install the 2.1 then the r2 ?

No its still the same. Ive done it every way i can think of, sometimes resulting it a dead streak for many hours while i try to get any working ROM on it. Whatever i do it results in the menus taking 3 seconds to open and when they do they open in a stuttering fashion and scroll extremely slowly and stuttery. Even if that was fixed we still have the idiotic icon spacing the 8105 has.

Really i think the MCR should be based on the much better 6941 release, its faster and less problematic.

Guest vinokirk

In addition to the laggy menus etc, i turn my streak on this morning to find countless process errors and failed widgets everywhere, its pretty much unuseable.

Has anyone also noticed lots of signal dropouts? My phone will loose network connection for about 20 seconds. And also there is no H signal where there was before.

Edited by vinokirk

I

In addition to the laggy menus etc, i turn my streak on this morning to find countless process errors and failed widgets everywhere, its pretty much unuseable.

Has anyone also noticed lots of signal dropouts? My phone will loose network connection for about 20 seconds. And also there is no H signal where there was before.

i have to say this again but my dell streak with mcr2 is mind blowingly fast. It is also very stable have had no crashes or problems even widgets scroll faster.

Edited by jutley

I suspect something hasn't flashed properly... or there's a baseband conflict.

Guest Green750one

I had this issue, but only after running a titanium backup restore. A factory reset fixed it. I loaded all my apps through the market & all ok now.