Daskalos B7610 6.5.3 ROM Build 23135

Guest daskalos

Guest Kiwi Dave

Hi team,

I've flashed this ROM twice now. the first time it worked great, the 2nd time had a bad lag.

what I discovered is that this ROM seems to work much better if you flash a very light ROM first. The following steps seemed to work for me:

1) Flash Experiment 36 ROM, let this fully flash

2) then flash this ROM

the above steps seemed to work much better than flashing this ROM after using another 'full ROM' (I flashed after using the Armani ROM, and it did't work well).

just something to try for those of you not happy with performance.

Dave

Guest Kiwi Dave

First Real Bug to Report: I've been on a couple of calls recently and have been cut off when a calendar reminder goes off.

In other words, I've been using the phone to attend a virtual meeting, and the phone has dropped the call when the 10min reminder for my next meeting has gone off.

Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Guest daskalos
First Real Bug to Report: I've been on a couple of calls recently and have been cut off when a calendar reminder goes off.

In other words, I've been using the phone to attend a virtual meeting, and the phone has dropped the call when the 10min reminder for my next meeting has gone off.

Anyone have any suggestions on this?

Are you running Gyrator or is Gyrator running? It has the option of ending calls when shaked (eg. did you checked your reminder while in call, gyrator might took that as a "shake"), you must disable that option

Edited by daskalos

Guest Kiwi Dave
Are you running Gyrator or is Gyrator running? It has the option of ending calls when shaked (eg. did you checked your reminder while in call, gyrator might took that as a "shake"), you must disable that option

Checked that, it wasn't running.

the applications that were running (from task manager) were:

Clock

Email

Messaging

Calendar

ActiveSync

Guest daskalos
Checked that, it wasn't running.

the applications that were running (from task manager) were:

Clock

Email

Messaging

Calendar

ActiveSync

I made a schedule/ calendar reminder (in Samsung Schedule app) to set off 1 minute before a time. I called my device (and answered it) and waited for the upcoming reminder. The reminder came and it did not disconnected the call...

Can you try replicating it to be sure?

Guest Kiwi Dave
I made a schedule/ calendar reminder (in Samsung Schedule app) to set off 1 minute before a time. I called my device (and answered it) and waited for the upcoming reminder. The reminder came and it did not disconnected the call...

Can you try replicating it to be sure?

I think it's to do with my Microsoft Communicator settings, because the same thing just happened when I was dialed in to a live meeting via the laptop.

not an issue with the ROM I'm thinking.

thanks for looking into Daskalos, appreciated.

Dave

alarm in SAMsung clock can't work,and it can't auto power up.

you're wrong..i woke up just this morning with auto power-up,used the normal alarm not the wake-up alarm ones

Guest Gronostaj
alarm in SAMsung clock can't work,and it can't auto power up.

I've had similar problem with build 21664, reflashing the same one fixed it so I guess hard reset will too.

you're wrong..i woke up just this morning with auto power-up,used the normal alarm not the wake-up alarm ones

that's right,I have a try,the last one of four default is OK,others can't work,I don't know why.

Guest Kiwi Dave

Has anyone out there been using the MegaLite? it would be great to get feedback.

I'm using the full version and have found it great, wondering if there are any issues with the lighter version. In particular id like to know if there is a 3 ring delay in the light (there is no delay in the full ROM).

Guest albireox

The SMS still doesn't work, even after I installed the patch and soft reset the phone. The strange thing is that I installed the patch on the memory card because on the internal memory I don't have enough rights... Any solution?

Guest account2002

Excellent work. I've been using a Megalite for 2 days and it seems to be the best 6.5.x ROM so far.

Fast and stable.

Boot time from turn on till ready - logged to gsm network, started SPB MS + few residents like AEKMap (polish fonts), ComCTRL +WM Sliding +WM Phone Pad- under 70 seconds.

Free RAM in "ready" state - 69 - 70 MB

No ring delay, phone wakes up during or just after first ring

GPS fix is almost instant. Did you applied any gps reg fixes into your rom? No need for any additional fixes or third party drivers.

Almost all samsung cabs from "The B7610 Omnia Pro Collection Thread" are working ok except camera and volume. I had to get camera cab from Expermient thread and get used to windows volum control :lol:

Small token of my appreciation on your PayPal.

Thank you daskalos.

Guest account2002
I would like to try this ROM version, but i need the password. :lol:

Is this only in english available?

Yes, it only in english.

Password in post #25 in this thread.

Read carefully whole thread and you'll know almost everything you need. :)

Guest Kiwi Dave
Excellent work. I've been using a Megalite for 2 days and it seems to be the best 6.5.x ROM so far.

Fast and stable.

Boot time from turn on till ready - logged to gsm network, started SPB MS + few residents like AEKMap (polish fonts), ComCTRL +WM Sliding +WM Phone Pad- under 70 seconds.

Free RAM in "ready" state - 69 - 70 MB

No ring delay, phone wakes up during or just after first ring

GPS fix is almost instant. Did you applied any gps reg fixes into your rom? No need for any additional fixes or third party drivers.

Almost all samsung cabs from "The B7610 Omnia Pro Collection Thread" are working ok except camera and volume. I had to get camera cab from Expermient thread and get used to windows volum control :lol:

Small token of my appreciation on your PayPal.

Thank you daskalos.

Thanks for the review. have been using the full ROM for a while and it's also fantastic - will give the Megalite a go now.

Dave

Guest albireox
Thanks for the review. have been using the full ROM for a while and it's also fantastic - will give the Megalite a go now.

Dave

The firmware is great really, but I have a strange problem : I can't type ?, ~, " with the hardware keyboard (the second funtion of the arrow keys). Does anybody have a solution for this?

Thank you!

Guest account2002
The firmware is great really, but I have a strange problem : I can't type ?, ~, " with the hardware keyboard (the second funtion of the arrow keys). Does anybody have a solution for this?

Thank you!

Are you holding alt key during pressing ? and ~ keys? With those two keys you have to hold alt key, not just press and release it.

For me everything works ok.

Edited by account2002

Guest albireox
Are you holding alt key during pressing ? and ~ keys? With those two keys you have to hold alt key, not just press and release it.

For me everything works ok.

I tried everything, pressing ALT and then the required key, pressing and holding ALT and the key, still the same. The "arrow" keys work just as arrow keys, I don't know what else can I do.

Guest Duongluong

I face a issue when using Full version in Life Mode: when I move widgets of weather, Yahoo finance, Youtube to today screen, they does not display or work, just keep pending. Anyone has same issue?