Fix your USB Mounting

Guest Danh2122

Guest Danh2122

Have you Formatted your Data Partition?

Have you Noticed USB Mounting's Gone?

Well without further Adue (Or whatever it is)

How to Fix your USB Mounting

Your Device is Probably already Rooted so follow these steps.

1) Download EStrongs File Explorer from the android market.

2) Also Download A Pulse Mini Rom (e.g. GMOD, Stock Rom) (You probably already have one downloaded)

2i) If you don't want to download a Rom, Download this instead (Probably Best to download on the Phone) (Then go to step 4)

3) Open the Rom on your PC, Find the Data Folder then Copy The cdrom folder to the sd card (via e.g SD Reader, Bluetooth)

4) Find the cdrom folder on the phone, using ES File Explorer (or if you downloaded autorun.iso, find it create a Folder named cdrom (no Caps)) Now Copy or Cut the Folder.

5) Then in EStrongs File Explorer Press Menu>Settings>Root Options, Then Check Both Options and when asked choose HiAPK as the Custom Rom.

6)Go back Twice and Press / in the Top left corner

7)Open Data and Paste cdrom the Folder.

All done! Connect Your USB and give it a try.

This works fine with me, but I suspect it might not work with all, But Hey no harm done in trying.

Guest dragon2611

I'm not sure if it will help, although if you copy the content of the "cd" when it's mounted you appear to be able to trigger the usb modeswitch from the app running off your hard-disk.

I might try this with my other pc (which seems to be having problems with the USB CD drive not mounting correctly.

Guest Danh2122
I'm not sure if it will help, although if you copy the content of the "cd" when it's mounted you appear to be able to trigger the usb modeswitch from the app running off your hard-disk.

I might try this with my other pc (which seems to be having problems with the USB CD drive not mounting correctly.

Ok not 100% sure what you're getting at, I think I know. But If USB Mounting still fails, it might be a dodgy USB Cable, Mine was (and so was my stylus :P ), you might wanna try another Micro USB cable (It seems they're becoming a LOT common nowadays). But I Doubt it.

Guest dragon2611
Ok not 100% sure what you're getting at, I think I know. But If USB Mounting still fails, it might be a dodgy USB Cable, Mine was (and so was my stylus :P ), you might wanna try another Micro USB cable (It seems they're becoming a LOT common nowadays). But I Doubt it.

Cable is fine it works on the laptop.

I think it's a driver conflict with the Virtual Cd emulation driver but as of yet i've been unable to pin it down.

What I was getting is the utility to trigger the switch into mass storage mode "PcOptions.exe" seems to work if run from the hard-drive, so if you did flash a ROM that lacks the ISO in the /data partition (or wherever you've moved it to) it may be another way of triggering the mass storage mode since triggering it from the phone itself doesn't appear to work.

Guest Danh2122
Cable is fine it works on the laptop.

I think it's a driver conflict with the Virtual Cd emulation driver but as of yet i've been unable to pin it down.

What I was getting is the utility to trigger the switch into mass storage mode "PcOptions.exe" seems to work if run from the hard-drive, so if you did flash a ROM that lacks the ISO in the /data partition (or wherever you've moved it to) it may be another way of triggering the mass storage mode since triggering it from the phone itself doesn't appear to work.

I think that PcOptions is the drivers for usb storage, so I don't think it'll work without it, but you're free to try and prove me wrong though :P

Guest dragon2611
I think that PcOptions is the drivers for usb storage, so I don't think it'll work without it, but you're free to try and prove me wrong though :P

I'll try it when i get home, although given the state one of the drivers seems to put my desktop PC in I'm not sure that it would be a good test.