I took the decision to change device... and I'm "lost"!

Guest andrew.mazlim

Guest bigfoune
+1.. full physical kb is a must for me.

my direction would be the desire or desire-Z but would like to wait and see what the price is for the desire-Z.

hello vince1970..it goes on sale in France in October for 500 euros (excluding pack operator)without subscription

but it s android froyo 2.2 ..I have the samsung galaxy s , I offered to my wife, she likes simple phones :lol: :) ..i don t like i prefer winmo.....I expect to see the new Windows phone7 otherwise I will take the nokia e7 to get back on symbian

post-559268-1284887528_thumb.png

Edited by bigfoune

Guest andrew.mazlim

Sorry, lads... Since I turned to TOUCH SCREENS..., I want everything working IN the screen! If I would like to remain in phusical inputs, wy to bother myself with touch-screens' phones?

And that... super-tiny QWERTYs keyboards, are they made for... Hobbits only?

Guest andrew.mazlim
ok andrew ...look this it's for you ...english page available !

http://www.zone-numerique.com/news_7042_Ru...ows_Phone_7.htm

I know about the HD3, mate! I've read a lot to dsmarena site... I love it.

I'm not saying I don't believe the W7 rumors. Of course they'll release W7 phones - check the features of the new devices. ALL of them are full with powerful CPUs and large memory capacity. So...? MUST be running W7.

What I DON'T/CAN'T believe, is that... supernatural video clip, in the previous post! The frame rate (I'm working in video editing) is SUPERB, far better than desktop applications! How is this possible?

Guest bigfoune
I know about the HD3, mate! I've read a lot to dsmarena site... I love it.

I'm not saying I don't believe the W7 rumors. Of course they'll release W7 phones - check the features of the new devices. ALL of them are full with powerful CPUs and large memory capacity. So...? MUST be running W7.

What I DON'T/CAN'T believe, is that... supernatural video clip, in the previous post! The frame rate (I'm working in video editing) is SUPERB, far better than desktop applications! How is this possible?

I agree with you andrew ! but you talk about which video ?

Edited by bigfoune

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest steff195

I think I'll drop Windows Phone 7 at all, after reading the Windows Phone 7 review. I mean:

Main disadvantages:

•No system-wide file manager

•No videocalling

•Limited third-party apps availability

•No Bluetooth file transfers

•No USB mass storage mode

•No multitasking

•No copy/paste

•Too dependent on Zune software for computer file management and syncing

•No music player equalisers

•No Flash or Silverlight support in the web browser

•No sign of free Bing maps Navigation so far

•No DivX/XviD video support

•No internet tethering support

•Memory cards are not natively supported by the OS

Too bad for the new phones... I like HD7 alot and I would have bought it. :)

Guest Hammad16

Selling ma omnia soon and i guess i am gonna get a HTC Desire or Nexus One ( Looks more beautiful to me than desire )

Android gives u all the liberty u need which sadly iOS or WP7 wont. and these devices have a HUGE community so the progress will continue.

Desire HD is good but HD phones are just too oversized for me so dun like the size.

And i am not sure why people like WP7 ? I mean even the UI is just Average... Nothin to admire about :S

Edited by Hammad16

Guest dragonmatahari
i think i'll buy this phone ....THE "OMNIA 7" :)

+1.. hoping someone port it to android..

so sad with dying windows..expected more on 7... but this... ooohh :)

..i think i'm going to space :)

Guest andrew.mazlim

I've read the review in the GSMArena, steff... You wrote/posted the CONs alright, but you didn't posted the CONCLUSION words of the author. He wrote, WM7 is not an Android/iOS "baster", but it's a great step forward - and he means, a great step forward from... WM6.5.x!!!! We all using WM6.5.x and you like them, even with quite some problems. If WM7 are FAR better, why not to choose a WM7 device?

It's a matter what you like and HOW MANY software support you'll have. And you forgeting, WM7 are very-very-VERY new mobile OS. So, if we have this conversation in A YEAR by now, you may have a different idea.

And generally..., my "policy" in EVERYTHING I'm buying (technology): I NEVER, EVER, buying... new products/technologies!!! NEVER! I don't wonna be the... "beta tester" for new gadgets and loosing my money! I'm always buying a GOOD (and with MANY SALES) product, after (at least) a year in the market!

Guest steff195

It was just my oppinion... you are free to buy whatever you like... frankly, I don't care. :)

I posted only the cons, yes, 'cause if an OS has this cons... it's dead in my eyes, no matter what cookies it bakes, or dishes it washes... They, Microsoft, are now all into that Iphone s@#t. In my book, if you wanna be the best you have to come up with something new, not just to copy what competition brought up years ago... I mean their idea of what an OS should mean.

We all using WM6.5.x and you like them, even with quite some problems. If WM7 are FAR better, why not to choose a WM7 device?

If I weigh the pros and cons between the two OS... I would stay with 6.5.X. especially because if you take the WP7 cons and add a plus you'll have the real pros of 6.5.X., those features that really count, not those eye candy effects, that can't do @#$%.

So the list would be from - to +:

•No system-wide file manager

•No videocalling

•Limited third-party apps availability

•No Bluetooth file transfers

•No USB mass storage mode

•No multitasking

•No copy/paste

•Too dependent on Zune software for computer file management and syncing

•No music player equalisers

•No Flash or Silverlight support in the web browser

•No sign of free Bing maps Navigation so far

•No DivX/XviD video support

•No internet tethering support

•Memory cards are not natively supported by the OS

You get the idea... And thus 6.5.x. wins by knockout! :) If I don't have all that into my phone I could simply buy an ancient Nokia 3310 as well, just to speak and text messaging.

But.. I'm sorry I posted my oppinion! It won't happen! But I thought that was the use of a forum, to talk and share an oppinion, hence the word "forum". :)

You may have the final word!

Edited by steff195

Guest bigfoune

THE OMNIA 7 with specifications : i want it ;

http://b4tea.com/information/review-inform...windows-7-phone

edit:Just introduced by Microsoft, the operating system for smartphones Phone Windows 7 is already waiting for its first update, expected in January 2011. If it was intended and announced for some time, even if only to make the copy and paste the software, it seems that it does not just this simple addition.

Windows Phone7 (WP7) would also receive this occasion a true GPS navigation system, indicating the oral route to follow. This will allow users to use their smartphones WP7 device such as GPS without having to install more dedicated software, often rewarding. This can make the difference when purchasing from a smartphone equipped with another operating system.

Another new announcement: better integration with the service Skydrive online storage and the ability to pass more easily from one open application to another

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/10...lus.copy.paste/

Edited by bigfoune

Guest chopperthedog
Omnia will suit me fine until WP7 release. But I will not be first in line. I shall see how it goes and make a decision. But I have really liked all the videos I have seen.

Well I lied and after learning the vzw would not be giving wp7 the time of day until q2 or 3 of 2011. Plus I always stopped in the vz store to check out each new device when they came out htc, moto, samsung whether it was android or winmo. But I always left the store with the feeling of meh. I voted on your poll for the galaxy s before it came out in the states based on videos of the i9000. Stopped in the store about 2 weeks after the release of the fascinate (vzw version of the galaxy) and I drooled and constantly thought about it for 2 days. But I did pull the trigger and after 3 weeks with this thing I could not be any happier. Very slick device. What was a wake up call was powering on the old omnia last night to pull some pictures from the internal storage. And instantly I said to myself I can not believe how archaic it was and I feel so glad to be out of 2008. There is not one thing I miss about winmo at ALL. I wish the best of luck to M$ and hope they don't F their new thing up. Glad I got into android when I did. Took about a week of reading about the new android lingo. But I am now rooted, clock worked, superuser-ed, titanium-ed, and voodooed with a fast mega multitasking device that actually works. When froyo hits I'll be downloading roms from 3g and flashing right from the sd card while driving with no need for a computer. Android is sweet.

That's my story.

good day.

Guest bigfoune

The simplest is to have a WinMo device and another with android! I have both :)

my choice is made!!!!! .. OMNIA7 welcome home :)

Edited by bigfoune

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mihaidenis

There`s one thing about wm7 until now.

They succeed to force the manufactures to release

some kinda identical devices.

Cause minimum hardware necessary for a phone

to run wm7 is present in all new released devices.

And thus make very hard to decide on a specific model.

That`s it.

At least for a couple months from now.

The difference will be in memory,CPU,GPU,battery,camera,U.I.

Not to mention the strict specification of hardware buttons that a wm7 phone should have.

So,as usually,Microsoft,in his great impotency

of releasing something original is copying

hilarious from Apple same (featurings) that made users

of iphone to jailbreak their devices.......

So how should i say welcome WM7.....goodbye WM7........i`m in love with an alien (android).......

Guest mowinnie

I voted for HTC Desire.

I think its not so much about the device as the community/forum one belongs to and the extent of development that the device allows.

One may not be holding absolutely the latest device in hand but be sure we belong to a community one is proud of because it allows you not only to survive but also to grow.

It could be a device which may be very reasonable in price.

The symbian N 5800 had a wonderful forum at Daily Mobile and gave hours of enjoyment and sharing.

Android has given us a chance to flash roms/mods without the help of a pc. The Desire forum is very active. Not all forums at XDA are active of course.

I swear , Ive never seen a forum with as many roms as for i 900 !! The community is wonderful even though I got my device pretty late just when everyone is going for another device and many links are defunct here. Still no regrets.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest andrew.mazlim
come on andrew. Which did u choose? Ive changed my mind and bought the SGS, which has a lot of improves from xda. Desire HD's a baby yet.

I'm focusing on Win7 HTCs, fellas... Or perhaps, a GOOD Win7 Samsung.

Edited by andrew.mazlim

After some research i think i drop the whole WP7-Idea.

Now my hopes lie on Gingerbread or Honeycomb and some nice technology-jumps (tegia support/new cpu) on android phones until january

Guest andrew.mazlim
After some research i think i drop the whole WP7-Idea.

Now my hopes lie on Gingerbread or Honeycomb and some nice technology-jumps (tegia support/new cpu) on android phones until january

I'm not talking about... TODAY, but for the next years 1st quarter.