speed boost and battery boost as well

Guest fards

the tweak saves battery, I think you have something else causing your issues.

I Lost 29% battery last night, turns out I'd left tweetdeck running trying to update every 15mins.. it was still trying to do it with no network connection

Guest spences10
the tweak saves battery, I think you have something else causing your issues.

I Lost 29% battery last night, turns out I'd left tweetdeck running trying to update every 15mins.. it was still trying to do it with no network connection

I Have a gScript to reboot the phone after i have run a myBackup of a night time to avoid situations like this :)

I Have a gScript to reboot the phone after i have run a myBackup of a night time to avoid situations like this :)

usually I have a look at watchdog to see if anything is eating up the cycles, but ended up going to bed after an argument, so didnt.

Guest LorD CLockaN

Every time I try to enter;

# mount -o remount,rw /system

I get an error about mount command attributes...

Why is that??

So I can't enter these command...

edit:

yes it's rooted, yes it's 2.1

Edited by LorD CLockaN

Guest XsCode

remove the ,

Every time I try to enter;

# mount -o remount,rw /system

I get an error about mount command attributes...

Why is that??

So I can't enter these command...

edit:

yes it's rooted, yes it's 2.1

Guest LorD CLockaN

Thanx!!

edit:

Now the only problem is that I don't have sysctl in my system/bin folder Any help??

Do I need busybox??

edit2:

No problem, I installed busybox and everything is OK now..

Edited by LorD CLockaN

Guest Niner86

Ive done all as above with no errors, is there a way to check that it is running on startup? Just to make sure ive done the sysctl -p correct in the run_autorun file. Ive just placed it as 'sysctl -p' on a new line in the file, is that cool?

EDIT; Well it must be working as my phones super snappy and along with the new prop file my battery has only shifted 1% since, and iv been using it loads!

Edited by Niner86

Ive done all as above with no errors, is there a way to check that it is running on startup? Just to make sure ive done the sysctl -p correct in the run_autorun file. Ive just placed it as 'sysctl -p' on a new line in the file, is that cool?

EDIT; Well it must be working as my phones super snappy and along with the new prop file my battery has only shifted 1% since, and iv been using it loads!

sysctl -a through a terminal/or through adb shell, will tell you what settings you have.

• 1 month later...
Guest UMAIR239

Can someone please post a step by step, I have read through the thread and there are some guides but I am not following them, I have some questions, any help will be greatly appreciated:

1. Am I supposed to download the file sysctl and then remove all the text and replace it with the lines provided by another user.

2. Then after locating it in the given place, what do I have to do with terminal mulator??? Can't I simply use root explorer???

Please post a Step by Step guide for dummy like me, I have Dell Streak running the official froyo, its rooted......STep by STep guide Please????

Guest UMAIR239

I know but people are having some problems with it, like not being able to change the ringtone and force closes on browser.....i think official will be better for me if I tweak it....

First of all don't use these on the official froyo releases... The dell kernel uses different schedulers..

Steves 1.3 already had scheduler tweaks in it, 141 uses bfs scheduler so they won't work

I will post up an ready method of tweaking the official dell build that works, but I'd rather wait and make sure it works on all the builds coming out...

Guest Mirrdhyn

Hello,

In the file /etc/init.streak.post_boot.sh :

What do you think about these variables ?

echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo 245760 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

Can we change these variables to set "interactive" instead of "ondemand" and set 125Mhz instead of 245 ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Edit : After reading some documentations, I found that :

ondemand (cpufreq_ondemand): This one adapts on-the-fly. It keeps the frequency low when not needed and instantly jumps back to full power when required. May not work on all computers, since that instant jump is not something that all CPU’s are capable of.

conservative (cpufreq_conservative): This is similar to ondemand, except that the jump back to full power is done gradually. More suited for laptops, because the power surge is smoother and saves more battery power overall.

I think that it will not possible to improve the battery life by changing this key...

Edited by Mirrdhyn

Hello,

In the file /etc/init.streak.post_boot.sh :

What do you think about these variables ?

echo "ondemand" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo 245760 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

Can we change these variables to set "interactive" instead of "ondemand" and set 125Mhz instead of 245 ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

for steves 1.4.1 build... not the stock image.. steve has the interactive governor in there...

some people have had issues with 125

Edited by fards

Guest Mirrdhyn

I have make a diff from mine and Fards's build.prop but I have the same file.

I have the debug.sf.hw=1 but the score has not changed.

I think that I have another issue.

I have make a diff from mine and Fards's build.prop but I have the same file.

I have the debug.sf.hw=1 but the score has not changed.

I think that I have another issue.

yes you don't look at instructions B)

stagefright

Guest synaptic.flaws
yes you don't look at instructions B)

stagefright

quick one, I am using steve v1.4.1, I have not applied your "tweaks" are they inbuilt in this ver? it feels fast as fudge!

Guest UMAIR239
I forgot I'd already posted some here B)

these are for the 309_0_00 build from dell..

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1480761

Sorry mate, I am a noob in this field:

so I copy the build.prop in system after backing up the old one and copy the other file in system\etc\ ???

I have installed busybox from the market but i really don't understand how does busybox work, I can copy the files but i dont get the busybox part???

Would you mind giving me more detailed directions, more like directions for dummies Please mate???

Guest synaptic.flaws
Sorry mate, I am a noob in this field:

so I copy the build.prop in system after backing up the old one and copy the other file in system\etc\ ???

I have installed busybox from the market but i really don't understand how does busybox work, I can copy the files but i dont get the busybox part???

Would you mind giving me more detailed directions, more like directions for dummies Please mate???

busybox is just a cli (command line interpreter alternate ) in linux it is a shell, different shells support different commands, busybox allows you to manually intervene in certain automatic functions.

fards made some discovery's that make things run just a lil faster than the factory intended.

you need to rename you exiting build.prop to build.prop.old or something

place the fards version in the system directory

you need to then place the sysctl.conf in the system/etc directory

you then need to edit the file

/etc/init.streak.post_boot.sh

add the line

sysctl -p

this will cause the tweaks to be loaded each time the streak starts up ...

there you go baby steps

quick one, I am using steve v1.4.1, I have not applied your "tweaks" are they inbuilt in this ver? it feels fast as fudge!

the build.prop is pretty similar,

steve hasn't enabled the http stagefright as there's still the green line at the top of youtube with it

the sysctl don't use...

1.41 has a BFS scheduler, those tweaks don't work.. .