speed boost and battery boost as well

Guest fards

Guest adzman808
the build.prop is pretty similar,

steve hasn't enabled the http stagefright as there's still the green line at the top of youtube with it

the sysctl don't use...

1.41 has a BFS scheduler, those tweaks don't work.. .

so the green line issue is caused by stagefright?

how would i resolve this... i'd try myself but i have fear of the unkown, call it stagefright (sorry)

i know steve has resolved this in his later builds - but the tales of woe re notification sounds, browser FC & calendar wash outs are putting me off 1.4, but can anyone advise me how to apply the change to stagefright into 1.1.1?

Thanks

Guest Mirrdhyn

You have just to delete these line in /system/build.prop

media.stagefright.enable-player

media.stagefright.enable-meta

media.stagefright.enable-scan

media.stagefright.enable-http

Normaly at the end of file.

Guest adzman808
You have just to delete these line in /system/build.prop

media.stagefright.enable-player

media.stagefright.enable-meta

media.stagefright.enable-scan

media.stagefright.enable-http

Normaly at the end of file.

Cheers B)

trying it now....

Thanks

Guest adzman808

Standard Item What if change value too Effect of making false

media.stagefright.enable-player=true False No green line – no rotation

media.stagefright.enable-meta=true False Green line + rotation

media.stagefright.enable-scan=true False Green line + rotation

media.stagefright.enable-http=true False No green line – no rotation

in case anyone cares (& i'm guessing not B)) this is a breakdown of what changing each value does !!!

thanks for all your help on this

but in my lil' world i'd rather have a green line & a working rotation than no green & no rotation!!

Guest UMAIR239
busybox is just a cli (command line interpreter alternate ) in linux it is a shell, different shells support different commands, busybox allows you to manually intervene in certain automatic functions.

fards made some discovery's that make things run just a lil faster than the factory intended.

you need to rename you exiting build.prop to build.prop.old or something

place the fards version in the system directory

you need to then place the sysctl.conf in the system/etc directory

you then need to edit the file

/etc/init.streak.post_boot.sh

add the line

sysctl -p

this will cause the tweaks to be loaded each time the streak starts up ...

there you go baby steps

Thank you so Much mate, I got the quadrant score of 1180 which is definitely better than the original quadrant score which was somewhere in 800s.....One more question for you, when i added the line in /etc/init.streak.post_boot.sh there was something like esac in the last line, but I started another line and added sysctl -p ..........do you think i did it right???

I tried restarting the device and i do get the same quadrant score so i think it worked, just need your opinion, Once again Thank you for your help!!!

Thank you so Much mate, I got the quadrant score of 1180 which is definitely better than the original quadrant score which was somewhere in 800s.....One more question for you, when i added the line in /etc/init.streak.post_boot.sh there was something like esac in the last line, but I started another line and added sysctl -p ..........do you think i did it right???

I tried restarting the device and i do get the same quadrant score so i think it worked, just need your opinion, Once again Thank you for your help!!!

Yes...thats right..

The sysctl should have a positive effect on battery life, it should boost the quadrant scores a bit more but nowhere near as much as stagefright

You can tell if the sysctl is working by doing

sysctl -a |grep kernel

in a terminal on the streak or through adb shell

And seeing if the values are there.

Sysctl -a will show you all the sysctl settings, the | sends the output to another command

in this case grep which searches for any lines with kernel in them in that output and prints them to screen

Edited by fards

Guest chrisrotolo
Yes...thats right..

The sysctl should have a positive effect on battery life, it should boost the quadrant scores a bit more but nowhere near as much as stagefright

You can tell if the sysctl is working by doing

sysctl -a |grep kernel

in a terminal on the streak or through adb shell

And seeing if the values are there.

Sysctl -a will show you all the sysctl settings, the | sends the output to another command

in this case grep which searches for any lines with kernel in them in that output and prints them to screen

please help, I ran the commands exact and quadratn dropped from high 800's to 7xx and now 437??? any ideas??

could it be because I entered 6000000 like your post says and the other link says 600000?? please help thanks.

edit: changed to 600000 and 200000 and also wakeup granularity ns was at 2000000 changed to 200000, benchmark bacup into the 8xx's

just running launcherpro and a few widgets

Edited by chrisrotolo

Guest mmmputch
please help, I ran the commands exact and quadratn dropped from high 800's to 7xx and now 437??? any ideas??

could it be because I entered 6000000 like your post says and the other link says 600000?? please help thanks.

Edit:

Sorry forget this question. I just read the previous page. Wools!

Is this incorporated in steves newest build 1.4.2, or do a I need to set this up?

Edited by mmmputch

Guest noeyesee1

Hi , I've followed your instructions of your post http://android.modaco.com/content-page/323...ouched/page/20/

and managed to get a 13xx quadrant . Thanks.

would you please explain more a bit on the kernel.sched_features since you set to 1583423232 of the sysctl.conf inside you tweaks.zip and

it is suggested 24188 in this post.

Would that be any different if I set 24188?

Hi , I've followed your instructions of your post http://android.modaco.com/content-page/323...ouched/page/20/

and managed to get a 13xx quadrant . Thanks.

would you please explain more a bit on the kernel.sched_features since you set to 1583423232 of the sysctl.conf inside you tweaks.zip and

it is suggested 24188 in this post.

Would that be any different if I set 24188?

Yes 24188 was for early kernel versions.

DO NOT USE IT ON FROYO

You can mount /proc as a debug filesystem and then cat /kernel/sched.features which will give you break down of what schedulers are running, froyo uses different schedulers and the new value turns off the two uneeded schedulers.

Smoku has posted up an update.zip that can be used on xda,

That contains steves new bfs scheduler kernel and my tweaks, I thoroughly recommend it...

Edit:

Sorry forget this question. I just read the previous page. Wools!

Is this incorporated in steves newest build 1.4.2, or do a I need to set this up?

They are in 142.. Keep reading...

• 1 month later...
Guest theewz

Is this for any specific build or version? I just installed streakdroid 1.5.3 and am wondering if this will work? I dont seem to have a /etc/sysctl.conf by default.

Edited by theewz

• 2 months later...
Guest Mobile Guy

fards,

I know you are most likely on the new streakdroid 1.9.

I am using the new 345 stock build, rooted, busybox, and deodexed.

are you still revisiting these mods for the foryo builds?

couldn't I just modify the init.rc file in text editor with root explorer to get the same results?