So what to do?

Guest DougEdey

Guest DougEdey

So I am one of the unlucky so-and-sos who got a Galaxy S without the recovery mode or download mode, go me.

This didn't matter until I got a failed update.

And Bell can't replace my handset, even tho it's within the first 30 days by 10 days when the failure occurred.

So the issue itself is that the phone has continual force closes on the TWLauncher, I can't connect it to the host software (KIES) or enable Debugging because of the force closes, I think the host issues are related to the media scanner package failing.

So what can I do... Bell seem useless!

Guest danhalicki
So I am one of the unlucky so-and-sos who got a Galaxy S without the recovery mode or download mode, go me.

This didn't matter until I got a failed update.

And Bell can't replace my handset, even tho it's within the first 30 days by 10 days when the failure occurred.

So the issue itself is that the phone has continual force closes on the TWLauncher, I can't connect it to the host software (KIES) or enable Debugging because of the force closes, I think the host issues are related to the media scanner package failing.

So what can I do... Bell seem useless!

Hey mate,

couple of things you can do.....I'd be ringing Samsung first, as it is an early life failure. Samsung don't handle the ELF direct, but they should be able to put you onto a repair agent. Make sure you get a copy of your proof of purchase to send with it.

Second thing you can try is Ombudsman (look under Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman in the phone book)....the early life failure period comes from Samsung....not from Bell, so Bell are under obligation to uphold their side of the bargain.

I had the same issue with my Optus handset, only mine wouldn't turn on at all. Optus were great, they sent it back, had it assessed and I now have a new one :P

Can you access recovery mode using adb?

Good luck!