PSFreedom on our beloved Liquid ?

Guest mr_tolkien

Guest mr_tolkien

Hello,

I'm interested toward using the PSFreedom hack with one of my phones, and my Liquid seems to be the most able to do so.

It has already been ported to the Desire, and, as it's the same processor and control chip, I was wondering if one could use this exploit with an Acer Liquid ? I would be very sad trying it and discovering I bricked it :P

Thank you in advance for your replies !!!

Tolki

(Link : Source on XDA)

Edited by mr_tolkien

Guest mr_tolkien

I was the one who added the Liquid to the list, but I wrote "TBA" at the time... Somebody changed it ?

I really would like to know who's working on it or basically the idea behind it for me to work on it...

EDIT : seeing nobody was up to it, I went on #psfreedom and I'm actually doing some testing with klutsch, I think we can have it work by the night ^^

EDIT2 : bad news, he can't compile it because there aren't all the library files needed >.<

Edited by mr_tolkien

I was the one who added the Liquid to the list, but I wrote "TBA" at the time... Somebody changed it ?

I really would like to know who's working on it or basically the idea behind it for me to work on it...

EDIT : seeing nobody was up to it, I went on #psfreedom and I'm actually doing some testing with klutsch, I think we can have it work by the night ^^

EDIT2 : bad news, he can't compile it because there aren't all the library files needed >.<

And cant you get the files you need? Thanks for trying!

PS: Sorry for my english, im form Spain...

(this was for the nokia n900) to port you need to go to the driver code for that controller and look for ‘SET_ADDRESS’. In the case of musb, it was in drivers/usb/musb/musb_gadget_ep0.c. In there it was setting the address to the USB device, so just copy that code into the psfreedom_machine.c to allow setting the address, and add a similar function to be able to retreive the address.

Then add a function to return 0 or 1 depending on whether the controller supports HIGH, FULL or LOW speed mode (go to usb_gadget_register_driver for your controller, and in the first lines, it should validate the speed argument, it will tell you which ones are acceptable), set LOW speed mode to return TRUE only if FULL and HIGH speeds are both unavailable.

Finally, add a function to return the endpoint names.. it will usually be something like ‘epXin’ and ‘epXout’ (where X is the endpoint number), or “epXin-bulk”, etc.. look at how the driver initializes its endpoints or grep for “->name” in the file to find where it sets it… If the controller you are porting to doesn't have an endpoint matching the endpoint description requested, then you are allowed to return a different endpoint as long as you properly modify the endpoint description to set the bEndpointAddress to the correct address address of the new endpoint (but you still have to respect the direction of the endpoint of course!)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andrea1Liquid

C'mon guys! Any news? Is it possible that we can't have PSFreedom for our Liquids? Unfortunately I'm not a programmer, but you (devs) can try with donut's kernel if eclair one is not working or whatever...Phh? Koudelka? Where are you? A lot of peple REALLY would like to JB their PS3s: Come on, let's do this! :lol:

Guest Scsiborg

What you are intending to achieve is illegal, possibly why nobody is actually responding - this is not an underground forum and nobody can openly condone the PSFreedom project here.

Guest Andrea1Liquid

This is NOT illegal. What are you talking about?

Many other devices DO have Psfreedom and the source code does NOT contain ANY Sony code, so it's a completely open and legal project. Sony is documenting herself to create a lawsuit against Psfreedom, Psgroove etc... but ATM this is not illegal.

Oh, btw I can't understand why using homebrews is illegal...

P.S.: on XDA you can find Psfreedom for various devices and also the Amon-RA recovery with PSFreddom feature and as far as I know XDA is NOT an underground/warez forum.

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Scsiborg
This is NOT illegal. What are you talking about?

Many other devices DO have Psfreedom and the source code does NOT contain ANY Sony code, so it's a completely open and legal project. Sony is documenting herself to create a lawsuit against Psfreedom, Psgroove etc... but ATM this is not illegal.

Oh, btw I can't understand why using homebrews is illegal...

P.S.: on XDA you can find Psfreedom for various devices and also the Amon-RA recovery with PSFreddom feature and as far as I know XDA is NOT an underground/warez forum.

OHHH and this is where you tell me that you dont want to run any backup games AT ALL and only homebrew applications or that you OWN the original game, Absolute load of bullshit. Its facilitates PIRACY, you know the ILLEGAL and Immoral act of piracy? coming back to you now?

Do you really think that developers of this forum want to be associated with piracy? PHH, Malez?

If you want convince yourself that its ok, or justify it by saying 'its not illegal because it dosent contain sony code' then thats fine, but seriously i wouldnt expect you will get much of a response here

Edited by Scsiborg

OHHH and this is where you tell me that you dont want to run any backup games AT ALL and only homebrew applications or that you OWN the original game, Absolute load of bullshit. Its facilitates PIRACY, you know the ILLEGAL and Immoral act of piracy? coming back to you now?

Do you really think that developers of this forum want to be associated with piracy? PHH, Malez?

If you want convince yourself that its ok, or justify it by saying 'its not illegal because it dosent contain sony code' then thats fine, but seriously i wouldnt expect you will get much of a response here

Do we discuss how we can make our telephones behave like any "modification" was never made to them? (Change rom, become root etc). That violates the tos and breaks your warranty. And when you send in your phone for repair or whatever and get a new one I suppose you commit some sort of fraud. Which I suppose is illegal. Is it okay if we talk about these sort of stuff here and hope/ask the devs to help us unroot our phones (etc)? (I'm asking and not stating because I know it's/was okay at xda, but have just cruised the liquid-forum over here..)

If yes, then we should be able to talk about and ask the devs for PSFreedom.

ps. I don't even own a damn ps3, nor know anyone who does. I just believe that legal information/whatever should be used and abused by everybody. It brings forth technology! Look at our past.. Where would we be if people hadn't hacked away in the "greyzone of the law"? (as in: It isnt illegal to buy a knife just because you can murder someone with it. Cut your veggies and let whoever "play their homebrews" (by means of Liquid) if they want to!)

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Yes, it MAY facility piracy, but if they do a version WITHOUT Backup Manager support they will not be associated with piracy. This demostrates that you don't know what you're talking about. It's not illegal, stop.

I've bought all the games I own and for one time it wouldn't be so non-correct to play a downloaded game because in Italy one PS3 game costs 70 euros (yes, you read right). That's a theft!

Apart that, I want to enjoy my unlocked PS3 (emulators etc.) with or without backups. I would be happier if BM support is implemented, but whatever.

That's the truth.

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Scsiborg
Yes, it MAY facility piracy, but if they do a version WITHOUT Backup Manager support they will not be associated with piracy. This demostrates that you don't know what you're talking about. It's not illegal, stop.

I've bought all the games I own and for one time it wouldn't be so non-correct to play a downloaded game because in Italy one PS3 game costs 70 euros (yes, you read right). That's a theft!

Apart that, I want to enjoy my unlocked PS3 (emulators etc.) with or without backups. I would be happier if BM support is implemented, but whatever.

That's the truth.

How does that demonstrate that i dont know what im talking about? or was that just your cue to get in a sharp sounding sentence? This can be as complicated or as simple as you like, why don't you go and post this on the Sony forums see what they have to say? - i bet you dont leave your name, address and phone number. in fact PM them to me and ill do it for you if your so confident of yourself.

And another thing, breaking the warranty on my phone by flashing a custom rom is not the same thing,not in any way shape or form.

Are there any devs out there that can help me get free money from a cash machine using my phone - im never gonna use it HONEST

One last point... you cant just decide that its ok to do because games are expensive, that's why its NOT ok

Edited by Scsiborg

And another thing, breaking the warranty on my phone by flashing a custom rom is not the same thing,not in any way shape or form.

If that was directed to me, what I was saying was when you "unbreaking" the warrant on your phone. Like when you switch bootloader to original and stuff. So they can never see that your phone broke down when you where doing something you shouldn't. = minor insurancefraud? = illegal?

Guest Andrea1Liquid

I wouldn't go in Sony forum simply because they earn from the games and they do all they can to stop jailbreak because homebrews mean also backup. People can decide to use backups, but there will ALWAYS be a person who uses backups. Psfreedom is not illegal but Sony is blocking all sort of jailbreak because they don't earn money from it (that's the truth!), not because it's illegal! Maybe they're going to "ban" psfreedom, but right now it's not. And btw, if you flash a custom rom you break the warranty and if you pretend that nothing happened and ask for warranty in my country this is FRAUD, stop. More over, psgroove, psfreedom, psjailbreak etc. don't break warranty, so no fraud!

They become illegal when someone uses backups, but that's not a creator's fault.

It's like dynamite: Nobel created the dynamite to help miners and he couldn't expect that other men would use the dynamite to kill people in War. That's not Nobel fault.

Think about it.

Stop it now. This topic was opened to discuss about psfreedom release for liquid, not for ethical questions about legality: we're clearly Off Topic.

Guest Scsiborg
I wouldn't go in Sony forum simply because they earn from the games and they do all they can to stop jailbreak because homebrews mean also backup. People can decide to use backups, but there will ALWAYS be a person who uses backups. Psfreedom is not illegal but Sony is blocking all sort of jailbreak because they don't earn money from it (that's the truth!), not because it's illegal! Maybe they're going to "ban" psfreedom, but right now it's not. And btw, if you flash a custom rom you break the warranty and if you pretend that nothing happened and ask for warranty in my country this is FRAUD, stop. More over, psgroove, psfreedom, psjailbreak etc. don't break warranty, so no fraud!

They become illegal when someone uses backups, but that's not a creator's fault.

It's like dynamite: Nobel created the dynamite to help miners and he couldn't expect that other men would use the dynamite to kill people in War. That's not Nobel fault.

Think about it.

Stop it now. This topic was opened to discuss about psfreedom release for liquid, not for ethical questions about legality: we're clearly Off Topic.

This topic should be closed - Its not really about my opinion, or about yours. Its clear you want to play cracked or copied games on your PS3 and you want this forum to help you facilitate that. And your making an assumption here, that i would go down the warranty route if i bricked my liquid with a ROM - my warranty would be VOID; if i needed to use my warranty how would i be able to recover the original ROM? the phone would be broken.

Breaking a warranty is not breaking the law

Edited by Scsiborg