PS3 freedom on Pulse?

Guest fivegoldstars

Guest FreddiK

[14:44] <@klutsh> it's a 2.6.29 kernel isnt it?

[14:44] <@klutsh> if so then it is msm_hsusb

[14:46] <@klutsh> You need to speak to Nielaya, he's doing the msm_hsusb ports

I just spoke with some developers at #psfreedom

They seemed to be very friendly and willing to help. I just don't have enough knowledge to give them necessary answers. Maybe some more advanced people could ask for Pulse support on psfreedom channel:

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=psfreedom

• 2 weeks later...
[14:44] <@klutsh> it's a 2.6.29 kernel isnt it?

[14:44] <@klutsh> if so then it is msm_hsusb

[14:46] <@klutsh> You need to speak to Nielaya, he's doing the msm_hsusb ports

I just spoke with some developers at #psfreedom

They seemed to be very friendly and willing to help. I just don't have enough knowledge to give them necessary answers. Maybe some more advanced people could ask for Pulse support on psfreedom channel:

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=psfreedom

will this now work with the CM6 mod?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lord_Shaithis
How much is the Pulse Mini these days?

It's less than £100 that's for sure, if PSgroove was ported onto that phone it would cost the same as the original Jailbreak dongle yet be a fully functional android fone!

It would be cheaper to buy an ipod nano and use the psgroove port......plus you don't lose the use of your phone while playing ps3 games :)

I've had a user PM me about this, so rather than reply to the PM I will reply in here.

I have been busy working on the Blade and a few other things, so haven't been putting any time into this.

Klutsh is wrong about 2.6.29 only supporting msm_hsusb, msm72K support was added i think in 2.6.27, however the work klutsh and others have done has been on 2.6.32 or newer. I have compiled the psfreedom module without error against the 2.6.29 kernel, so I expect it would work, all that is needed is a working 2.6.29 kernel using the msm72k driver. Unfortunity Huawei's butchered kernel uses msm_hsusb and doesn't work if msm72k is enabled. I don't know much about kernel hacking, but I'm sure for someone that did it wouldn't be hard to get working.

It is of no use to Pulse users, but I think the Blade's 2.6.29 kernel uses msm72k, so that shows that it does work. I think even Huawei's newer devices using 2.6.32 still use msm_hsusb.

PS. For a cheap solution to PS3 hacks buy an Atmel USB dev board. I have a couple of Atmel AT90USB162 dev boards that do the trick. They can be bought fairly cheap.

Edited by Tom G