Help - No Internet after firmware reflash.

Guest stu232

ooh er, what have I done?

I followed the Custom Firmware tutorial and everything went great, but I noticed that a few apps were crashing which were previously ok on the original firmware, so after tinkering with things I decided to reflash back to the official T-Mobile firmware U8110V100R001C85B214SP05.

The system restore went great and I'm now back up and running, it's nice and stanble once again and I can make calls etc.

BUT....

I can't connect to the Internet, regardless of whether I opt for 3G or Wifi I get an error informing me that 'Server is unavailable' in Market place and 'Web Page Not Available' in Browser. Youtube also times out and asks me to check me system settings, lol.

Help!!

Guest Danh2122
ooh er, what have I done?

I followed the Custom Firmware tutorial and everything went great, but I noticed that a few apps were crashing which were previously ok on the original firmware, so after tinkering with things I decided to reflash back to the official T-Mobile firmware U8110V100R001C85B214SP05.

The system restore went great and I'm now back up and running, it's nice and stanble once again and I can make calls etc.

BUT....

I can't connect to the Internet, regardless of whether I opt for 3G or Wifi I get an error informing me that 'Server is unavailable' in Market place and 'Web Page Not Available' in Browser. Youtube also times out and asks me to check me system settings, lol.

Help!!

You might wanna try and reflash official firmware again, it's usually a good first step

You might wanna try and reflash official firmware again, it's usually a good first step

Thanks mate, but I've reflashed it a dozen or so times already.

I made a backup of the original firmware and flashed that over an over again but still no internet access. :P

This is where it gets weird...if I flash the custom firmware back onto the phone it's fine, internet access is restored but the phone is unstable and apps tend to crash.

Guest Danh2122
Thanks mate, but I've reflashed it a dozen or so times already.

I made a backup of the original firmware and flashed that over an over again but still no internet access. :P

This is where it gets weird...if I flash the custom firmware back onto the phone it's fine, internet access is restored but the phone is unstable and apps tend to crash.

Try downloading the custom firmware again and flash it, it might work

Try downloading the custom firmware again and flash it, it might work

Cheers mate. :P

I grabbed the r3 version instead of the r3b and it worked great. :)

New problem though lol, after adding all my apps via appbrain, I decided I wanted to move my apps to my 8Gb SD card.

Not entirely sure what I was doing, I put my phone into Fast Boot and setup my SD car as per tutorial, I've rebooted the phone but now I keep getting the HUAWEI animation over and over again?!

lol, sorry for being a dick.

Without you guys I'd be a shivering wreck, lol.

Edited by stu232

UPDATE

I removed the SD card and the phone booted up no problem. :P

I'm guessing that the SD card is a cheap clone and is causing errors?

I've got a spare Sandisk 2Gb card, I'll try that. But I would prefer to use the 8Gb one as the phone is my wifes and she has about 5Gb of music she listens to, lol.

ANOTHER UPDATE

Does the custom firmware automatically install APPS to the SD card?

I had installed various apps which worked fine when tested, but after removing the SD card I now have a few white icons on my screen with no description and when I click on them I get an error informing me that the application is not installed!

To me, it looks as though the apps were automatically installed on the SD card? :)

Edited by stu232