[LEAK] Liquid Froyo ROM

Guest LIQUID_USER

Guest Morris Lee
Heard from soneone, the earilest date is about Mid-October or maybe a lttle abit later,November. :P

I hope....... NOW! My friend's htc desire already got it :) so jealous, sigh...

Guest vikings123

Malez Recovery can not root new leaked bin.

Need to work around to root the system.

But funny thing is, after rooted the system, I used Malez Recovery to check if the system was rooted, the answer is "NOT"

Guest DavidFrog
Help

I have flash the bin with acer tool 3.100 over LCR 1.8 but operation stopped and since then, I have a multicolored screen, then the LCR 1.8 boot screen nothing hapen

what can I do please :)

thanks a lot !

I still need help :P

thanks again

Guest akira.pwr

Maybe this rom isn't perfect like battery life and stream ui a bit laggy, but if someone remember, first eclair leak was horrible, laggy as hell, unusable, now we have a very good leak and if official froyo will be release in oct/nov, in the meanwhile, maybe we will have some other leak, more stable and less hungry of battery.

For now we can trust our beloved devs for some custom rom with some fix/clean. :P

Guest Dinmamma
Thank you B4rt, tried but it said Recoverychksum=xxxxxxxxxxxx **fail"

That problem (for some odd reason) seems to occur to me if the liquid is connected to the charger. To be sure, unplug it from any charger or usb cable etc. Remove the battery, wait a few seconds and pop it in again. Then try again :P

Guest BlackMagician

So I tried to restore my sms's with Titanium backup and after rebooting, all hell broke loose. I kept getting one FC after another. Wiping the sms/mms/apn data again stopped those.

I then tried a different method: I tried to extract mmssms.db from the Titanium backup zip and put it in place manually. This time round, I didn't get continuous FCs, but the messaging app FC'ed on starting. I had to remove the db file again. I guess I have to say bye to my SMSs? :P

Guest xintron

Is it just me or does anyone else experience that JuiceDefender (UltimateJuice) is unable to disable the datanetwork? Even tried to use the widget to toggle data off but the connection is still active. Did work great with phh's Froyo.

One other thing. When the wifi-connection is enabled the wifi icon is shown in the statusbar but the data-connection icon as well. Normally the dataicon is hidden as soon as a wifi-connection is active.

Edited by xintron

Guest xintron
I think now in froyo the data connection icon just show the coverage, if its active or not is represented by two vertical arrows beside that.

Yeah, just noticed that. A bad way of showing it imo but not much to do about it for now.

So I tried to restore my sms's with Titanium backup and after rebooting, all hell broke loose. I kept getting one FC after another. Wiping the sms/mms/apn data again stopped those.

I then tried a different method: I tried to extract mmssms.db from the Titanium backup zip and put it in place manually. This time round, I didn't get continuous FCs, but the messaging app FC'ed on starting. I had to remove the db file again. I guess I have to say bye to my SMSs? :P

You shouldn't use Titanium Backup for that, get Sms Backup&Restore (and Call log too, if you need) from the market.

Guest BlackMagician
You shouldn't use Titanium Backup for that, get Sms Backup&Restore (and Call log too, if you need) from the market.

I'm not so sure that Titanium Backup is the problem here. I had always managed to restore my SMSs without a problem before. I could be wrong, but it feels like there is a difference in the db structure and the messaging app doesn't like it.

I'm not so sure that Titanium Backup is the problem here. I had always managed to restore my SMSs without a problem before. I could be wrong, but it feels like there is a difference in the db structure and the messaging app doesn't like it.

Yeah, you shouldn't use a backup program when upgrading to a different version of the OS, you never know what has changed in the background, such as db format etc.

Guest famiddi
Malez Recovery can not root new leaked bin.

Need to work around to root the system.

But funny thing is, after rooted the system, I used Malez Recovery to check if the system was rooted, the answer is "NOT"

Same problem for me. I had follow the root method explained few page ago, but malez answer is NO ROOT.

Any idea?

Same problem for me. I had follow the root method explained few page ago, but malez answer is NO ROOT.

Any idea?

But the method does work because Root Explorer works, typing adb shell su works etc.

Guest famiddi
But the method does work because Root Explorer works, typing adb shell su works etc.

Root Explorer works good and Superuser app has been installed.

If I type "adb remount", it does not work

Guest mmoelli

i would like to come back to the kernel-question. why is ist still 2.6.29? that doesnt make any sense bc froyo was built on 2.6.32.. doesnt anybody bother this fact? is it easier for acer to build it from 2.6.29?

i would like to come back to the kernel-question. why is ist still 2.6.29? that doesnt make any sense bc froyo was built on 2.6.32.. doesnt anybody bother this fact? is it easier for acer to build it from 2.6.29?

they may have drivers that do not work with 2.6.32

i think it just doesn't matter as long as they release the source soon enough :-)

Guest Liquidator
Help

I have flash the bin with acer tool 3.100 over LCR 1.8 but operation stopped and since then, I have a multicolored screen, then the LCR 1.8 boot screen nothing hapen

what can I do please :(

thanks a lot !

Sorry to ask again, i just get fastbot fail again and again, after using the method you mentioned recently :P

Should I flash to a clean 2.1 ROM first, because I am using LCR1.8 before, and I attempt to flash this bin on it.

I still need help :)

thanks again

For the ppl that got the Fastboot Failed error, this is how I solved it (after a lot of trying):

First I flashed another official ROM, 1.000.39, not as .bin with the Download Tool, but with the official Acer installer that is distributed with it. Afterwards I was able to install the new .bin with the DL Tool.

I also had the coloured stripes on screen, and then either a boot loop or it was stuck. I was running Xian's CM6 before.

Good luck!

Android is Linux, Acer has a working Linux Kernel for Liquid, why would they bother to compile a newer version, probably with features they don't need?