[LEAK] Liquid Froyo ROM

Guest LIQUID_USER

i would like to come back to the kernel-question. why is ist still 2.6.29? that doesnt make any sense bc froyo was built on 2.6.32.. doesnt anybody bother this fact? is it easier for acer to build it from 2.6.29?

The code aurora sources (acer work is based on code aurora sources) should be based on this kernel, maybe some driver for msm/qsd doesn't work on latest kernels.

Anyway, it's just a kernel, we don't use it directly, so who cares?

Guest famiddi
adb reboot bootloader

fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot f3.img

fastboot -i 0x0502 reboot

Many thanks!!! I used the Andrewtool but it does not work.

With your procedure works as well!!!!!!

I don't understand why I cannot move some app to SD. Something yes, something no

Edited by famiddi

Guest rwwngai
That problem (for some odd reason) seems to occur to me if the liquid is connected to the charger. To be sure, unplug it from any charger or usb cable etc. Remove the battery, wait a few seconds and pop it in again. Then try again :P

Thank you! Finally, I get malz recovery in this way, pressed power + vol(-) + camera then there are 3 short vibrations, then I pressed power + vol(-).

Guest Edward.W
For the ppl that got the Fastboot Failed error, this is how I solved it (after a lot of trying):

First I flashed another official ROM, 1.000.39, not as .bin with the Download Tool, but with the official Acer installer that is distributed with it. Afterwards I was able to install the new .bin with the DL Tool.

I also had the coloured stripes on screen, and then either a boot loop or it was stuck. I was running Xian's CM6 before.

Good luck!

Finally, I just download another bin file from another website, then the MD5 checksum is all right now.

I 'm able to flash it now :P

Guest chickwan

Guys, for those who can't root the new ROM. Simply, can't not use malezRecovery to root the ROM as old way.

Download the zip* (thanks to XDA-Developers) and put it into your SD card

Then, using malezRecovery to flash it (in recovery mode) , and your phone has been rooted

For Titanium Backup, choose "Problem?" to download and install Busybox for Froyo 2.2

Hope it's helpful 4 you, guys

su_2.3.6.1_ef_signed.zip

Edited by chickwan

Guest Andy__P
Guys, for those who can't root the new ROM. Simply, can't not use malezRecovery to root the ROM as old way.

Download the zip* (thanks to XDA-Developers) and put it into your SD card

Then, using malezRecovery to flash it , and your phone has been rooted

For Titanium Backup, choose "Problem?" to download and install Busybox for Froyo 2.2

Hope it's helpful 4 you, guys

Using that method i couldn't adb remount. Titanium worked though.

With the superboot i can remount.

excuse my noobness but I'm obviously missing something here.

I've installed malez, phone is rooted, superuser is installed, titanium backup installed (and have run a backup).

The leaked .bin file is downloaded.

I was expecting the leak file to be an "update.zip" file which I would then copy to the root of the SD, boot into recovery mode and install.

So I zipped the .bin file and called it "Update.zip" but then when i boot into recovery and try to "install update.zip" it fails because the file isn't signed.

:P

Help the noob? please.

Cheers,

Julian

Guest grooltor

I cannot manage to enter Malez recovery (installed with manual method via fastboot, everything seemed to work fine... tried 3 times to reflash it)... tried to unplug the battery, wait for several seconds, replugged it (without charger!), pressed power vol- camera, tries to load it but soon reboots into normal mode... even tried to clean boot (power vol+) and repeat the process, still nothing. Reflashing 2.100.07 :P

P.S.: I was using CM6 before (so I know how to flash etc., I think I'm not doing anything wrong)

EDIT: you know what? someway my Malez Recovery image was corrupted... redownloaded, reflashed and now its working... (OMFG)

Edited by grooltor

Guest DavidFrog
For the ppl that got the Fastboot Failed error, this is how I solved it (after a lot of trying):

First I flashed another official ROM, 1.000.39, not as .bin with the Download Tool, but with the official Acer installer that is distributed with it. Afterwards I was able to install the new .bin with the DL Tool.

I also had the coloured stripes on screen, and then either a boot loop or it was stuck. I was running Xian's CM6 before.

Good luck!

thanks !! a new hope for me :P will try this evening after work ....

Can anybody provide another link of the Flash Player 10.1 ?

Because I can't surf the previous website in my region, thanks~ :)

go to 4shared and type flash player apk :P

Guest umair9001

Unable to remove apps from adb, any suggestions?

says operation not permitted,

I tried mounting fs with this command but again operation not permitted.

adb shell mount -o remount, rw /system

no OC kernels yet? is really a different kernel and we haven't source?

little bug: in the contact list, if you scroll the contacts with right bar...the first contact per letter isn't inline with others... confirm?

Unable to remove apps from adb, any suggestions?

says operation not permitted,

I tried mounting fs with this command but again operation not permitted.

adb shell mount -o remount, rw /system

try:

adb shell

su (give superuser permissions on the phone)

mount -o remount, rw /system

rm /system/app/applicationname.apk

mount -o remount, ro /system

Flashed it yesterday on my Liquid Ferrari, rooted, everything works fine. I had to get rid of the Acer UI (same as the stream UI) because it was too sluggish. Launcher Pro does it's job greatly as usual.

Phone is very responsive, network is strong. All good !

no OC kernels yet? is really a different kernel and we haven't source?

little bug: in the contact list, if you scroll the contacts with right bar...the first contact per letter isn't inline with others... confirm?

We have to wait for the official sources.

Would theorically be possibile to recompile phh froyo kernel for working with this rom, but would probably have the same hardware related 'troubles' as the phh froyo (prox sensor, camera etc).

We have to wait for the official sources.

Would theorically be possibile to recompile phh froyo kernel for working with this rom, but would probably have the same hardware related 'troubles' as the phh froyo (prox sensor, camera etc).

but...we are sure that is a different kernel? i can't try now...

Yesterday everything was ok, today I get reboot sometimes. I think it happens, when somebody calls me. Is there a way to look at system logs?

Thanks in advance, sorry for my English

Guest akira.pwr

Today my device is a little laggy, I don't know why, but after flash it was very good and smooth, now, after resuming from standby, it's lazy, any suggestion?

EDIT:@ endamaco I used zip file for root the device and it worked fine, have I to try something else?

Edited by akira.pwr

Battery time seems to be good, uptime 4h:40, 91% battery level.

Syncing 2 IMAP accounts every 15 min, Newsrob every hour, Twitter (Twidroyd) every 15 min, Facebook every 30 min.

Used CardioTrainer 15 min this morning which usually eats some battery.

I disabled the proximity sensor and light sensor and rooted and removed som unneccessary Acer apps.

Cell standby 43%

Phone idle 41%

CardioTrainer 14%

Display 2%

Running 11.9%

Screen on 3.9%

Edited by tombii