[LEAK] Liquid Froyo ROM

Guest LIQUID_USER

hi all, after 3/4 days with this rom i now have a BIG problem: i can't recevie any sms since my phone tells me i have no more space left for incoming messages even if i've already deleted each text messages with the messagging app.

What should i do now?

my phone keeps notifing me every 2min or so.

sorry guys.. solved by moving apps to sd.. my concern is that in internal memory i was having 18Mb which would be ok for a text message..! :|

(the phone was also complaining about low free internal memory)

Guest lvcargnini
I know the worst part is it booted, I had problems since my SIM is looked so it keep asking me the pass all the time, I installed over it Cyanogenmod 6 and it is working pretty fine. Of Course I'm having issues with the USB mass that doesn't mount.

Another annoying issues, like when restarting the phone the ACER image that should appear is like an Atari game crashing, but it is working :P, don't ask me how I know this is completely strange.

I'll try to flash another bin, I found in another post on modaco is the same froyo bin, except the file they are providing is bigger a bit 30MB more, the only difference is there they said to flash the donut 1.6 before froyo .... don't get why, but anyway I'm thinking in giving a try later.

Just did it again.

I think the problem is because when extracted, if you guys pay attention in the same directory where is located the image the Acer Download Tool will extract the bin content, inside of the SDCAPPZ directory there is a NPRG8650.Hex, but the problem is my S100 uses a 8250 (all S100 use it, is the version of the Snapdragon Chipset). Any ideas ?

Also I has the .img files now so I can try install using fastboot, because after installing system.img (after that the ADT tool always stop saying fastboot is failed) the return of fastboot on the device screen is ok, is like if the application lost the connection with the device. Shoul I try install the system using fastboot directly ?? since now I have the images ??? Also the system.img has 140 MB is this correct ?

Please any insights are welcome.

P.S.: Should I give up and install the 2.100.* image and give up of this froyo ?

Edited by lvcargnini

Guest lvcargnini

just a small comment:

I'm starting to get desperate:

MacBook-Pro-de-Vitorio:AcerLiquidAurora_froyo lvcargnini$ make

============================================

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=Vitorio

PLATFORM_VERSION=2.2

TARGET_PRODUCT=liquid

TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=eng

TARGET_SIMULATOR=false

TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release

TARGET_BUILD_APPS=

TARGET_ARCH=arm

HOST_ARCH=x86

HOST_OS=darwin

HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release

BUILD_ID=FRF91

============================================

Guest Edward.W
Just did it again.

I think the problem is because when extracted, if you guys pay attention in the same directory where is located the image the Acer Download Tool will extract the bin content, inside of the SDCAPPZ directory there is a NPRG8650.Hex, but the problem is my S100 uses a 8250 (all S100 use it, is the version of the Snapdragon Chipset). Any ideas ?

Also I has the .img files now so I can try install using fastboot, because after installing system.img (after that the ADT tool always stop saying fastboot is failed) the return of fastboot on the device screen is ok, is like if the application lost the connection with the device. Shoul I try install the system using fastboot directly ?? since now I have the images ??? Also the system.img has 140 MB is this correct ?

Please any insights are welcome.

P.S.: Should I give up and install the 2.100.* image and give up of this froyo ?

I am uploading the Froyo Rom I flashed successfully before, I am uploading,later I will give you a link so that you can have a try again :P

Be patient

Hi

Thanks for the bin:)

I've got a little problem, when i try the root on the malez recovery, i get the answer to that: run 'root.sh 2' via adb console or malez menu!

someone help me please.

thx

Try installing busybox from malez recovery then try rooting again.

Hi all,

I've been running 2.2 for a full day and I have to say I really like it. I still have to find out a good way to use flash for videos without stuttering and things like that, but so far it's going ok.

I just have one problem. I have to use the task killer constantly because it keeps opening more and more apps and sometimes it doesn't kill them all even though they're marked to be killed.

Does this happen to any of you?

Hello all. I've been using this build, it's ok, but i really want to get back to the original eclair build. I have downloaded OS_Acer_1.100.13.EMEA.CUS1_A21E_A from the original Acer site and i was wondering, can i install Eclair using the Acer tool in this file without bricking my phone? If not, please recommend me a way to install the original eclair rom for liquid (not cooked ones). I don't want rooting or any other stuff. Please help

Guest grooltor
Hi all,

I've been running 2.2 for a full day and I have to say I really like it. I still have to find out a good way to use flash for videos without stuttering and things like that, but so far it's going ok.

I just have one problem. I have to use the task killer constantly because it keeps opening more and more apps and sometimes it doesn't kill them all even though they're marked to be killed.

There's no need to use a task killer with Android 2.2 :P The process management has changed, apps are opened and cached in memory but do not use resource (only RAM). The system s in charge of starting and killing them automatically, when going out of RAM. So you don't need to occupy memory with another app (a task killer), cause OS will relaunch those app you just killed in a few seconds. The only thing that could help you is using a minfree manager like AutoKiller (search for "AutoKiller" in market, it's free). This app let you manage minfree levels: these are the limits of free RAM per type of process, system will start to kill unneeded apps running in background under your selected minfree levels.

Maybe I've found the reason behind the "awake-lockup": I think is the game Angry Birds Lite (beta).

Not that sure, but I will try to uninstall it (when I finish all the levels :P )

Guest grooltor
Hello all. I've been using this build, it's ok, but i really want to get back to the original eclair build. I have downloaded OS_Acer_1.100.13.EMEA.CUS1_A21E_A from the original Acer site and i was wondering, can i install Eclair using the Acer tool in this file without bricking my phone? If not, please recommend me a way to install the original eclair rom for liquid (not cooked ones). I don't want rooting or any other stuff. Please help

Yes, just flash the bin you want with Acer Tool. You can go backward :P

Hi all,

Yes, as grooltor said that the task killers on F2.2 don't seem to be effective as they were in Eclair 2.1, however I've noticed a possible memory leak as you use the phone throught the day the free ram goes down and down until i've about 18Mb free...? Starting with 60Mb free.

Also when using some apps that by default install on SD, such as Google Sky, the icon disappears in the menu list - even thugh the app is installed and you can run it via the download list in market... Strange...

I'm about to try Alan's ROM for this bin now...

Cheers

Guest lvcargnini
I am uploading the Froyo Rom I flashed successfully before, I am uploading,later I will give you a link so that you can have a try again :P

Be patient

OK Thanks I really appreciate that.

Guest lvcargnini
Root the device. Install malezrecovery, flash this .zip through malezrecovery- http://www.multiupload.com/LRCJ6I3KDX

Then from the market install an app called BusyBox Installer (I think it is listed as BusyBox), use that app to install BusyBox and autokiller should work no problem.

Please, what is this essentials file you uploaded ?

Edited by lvcargnini

Guest HustlinDaily
Please, what is this essentials file you uploaded ?

I didn't upload it, Delnar_Ersike did in post #265 of this thread.

Right, so I made the "essentials" zip file, which is basically just a couple apps (Quickboot, Titanium Backup, GScript, Terminal, and other apps I deemed "important") as well as the SuperUser update.zip. I also tried to include BusyBox as well, though I don't think I succeeded: if it works, great, if not, search the Market for "BusyBox" and the BusyBox installer will probably be at the top of the list. Download the app, run it, and choose to install BusyBox. Once it's finished, you can delete the BusyBox installer app. Download the zip here: http://www.multiupload.com/LRCJ6I3KDX

I switched back to XianKoud after my WiFi inexplicably died and none of the file explorers I used worked, but it would be nice to extract the Camera libs and app (maybe Camcorder as well) from the main ROM and try to make it run on Phhroyo or XianKoud... now that I think of it, I'll probably give it a shot. :lol:

Guest lvcargnini
I am uploading the Froyo Rom I flashed successfully before, I am uploading,later I will give you a link so that you can have a try again :lol:

Be patient

Please don't forget my link :) , sorry for ask but I really will give a try on it.

Guest Edward.W
Please don't forget my link :) , sorry for ask but I really will give a try on it.

Ofcourse, but I just need some time to upload it, beacuse the upload speed is really slow for me.

(Uploading to some free hosting takes some time for my ISP, cus I'am living in Hong Kong :lol: )

Guest thedicemaster
Yes, as grooltor said that the task killers on F2.2 don't seem to be effective as they were in Eclair 2.1, however I've noticed a possible memory leak as you use the phone throught the day the free ram goes down and down until i've about 18Mb free...? Starting with 60Mb free.

Also when using some apps that by default install on SD, such as Google Sky, the icon disappears in the menu list - even thugh the app is installed and you can run it via the download list in market... Strange...

I'm about to try Alan's ROM for this bin now...

Cheers

exactly 18MB?

that's not too strange, i'm fairly certain that's about the cut-off point from where it starts killing apps to free up RAM.

and it's not nessecerily a leak, since android often "claims" RAM for apps you might want to run soon.

android won't try to hold on to this RAM though, and will free it as soon as something needs it.

it's also possible to use an app to increase the strictness of the task manager a little, after 38hours of use i still have 45MB RAM free.

exactly 18MB?

that's not too strange, i'm fairly certain that's about the cut-off point from where it starts killing apps to free up RAM.

and it's not nessecerily a leak, since android often "claims" RAM for apps you might want to run soon.

android won't try to hold on to this RAM though, and will free it as soon as something needs it.

it's also possible to use an app to increase the strictness of the task manager a little, after 38hours of use i still have 45MB RAM free.

Yes, it's strange that it always goes to about 18Mb, maybe as you said this must be the cut-off point as default. Don't know if others experienced this?

Also, there is another bug in the Acer UI. When you use Settings->Applications->Manage Applications on the Downloaded Tab. If you select an app which allows it to be moved to SD, such as Google Sky, Estrongs File Explorer, Estrongs Task Manager... then whenever you reboot the phone these apps dissappear from the menu list in the Acer UI... so just about to try Android UI...

Thanks

Edit: Android UI seems fine!

Edited by TheShak