[LEAK] Liquid Froyo ROM

Guest LIQUID_USER

Have you tried replacing or removing the stock screen protector that came with the liquid? I replaced it with a cheap ebay version that looks thinner and noticed better sensitivity, even on the lowest setting. On top of that I've noticed Froyo is even better compared to the Eclair roms I started using. BTW no screen scratches yet in 5 months even on the thinner protector.

I could do it but my previous cooked v2.1 had the software mod and worked fine so no need for all that trouble :lol: but it´s a good idea for people that do not want to change the OS settings!

Could someone please post a dump of the 2.2 rom? I've tried everything i can think of to extract files from the .bin (and learned some cool stuff along the way like unyaffs, mkfs.yaffs2, and nb0-utils.jar) but haven't been able to get it; loading the .bin file into the acer flash tool doesn't seem to dump contents into any temp directories. Mostly want the app, framework, lib, & media directories, especially AcerLauncher apk, NemoPlayer.apk & the contents of the media directory to try to port them to other devices.

TIA

Guest seraphim2017

certainly an interesting ROM, but as my liquid is my only phone (and 2.1 isn't that bad, I'm not desperate to get the update, it's just a phone after all!) I'll stick with official ones.

very impressive the things you developers and tinkerers can do with pre-release ROM's though!

Only just joined the android bandwagon and got a liquid as at half the price of a desire i couldn't justify the improved spec, this one works for me (for now!).

As a first android handset from a no-techy usrm, it works! still can't get rid of my Ipod touch until android gaming takes off (sngry birds anyone!), but first impressi9ns are it's a better OS than symbian and palm!

What does everyone get with battery life on light use? I'm getting less than a day fiddling all the time, and (just) 3 days light 'normal' phone use. Is that about right?

Guest lvcargnini
certainly an interesting ROM, but as my liquid is my only phone (and 2.1 isn't that bad, I'm not desperate to get the update, it's just a phone after all!) I'll stick with official ones.

very impressive the things you developers and tinkerers can do with pre-release ROM's though!

Only just joined the android bandwagon and got a liquid as at half the price of a desire i couldn't justify the improved spec, this one works for me (for now!).

As a first android handset from a no-techy usrm, it works! still can't get rid of my Ipod touch until android gaming takes off (sngry birds anyone!), but first impressi9ns are it's a better OS than symbian and palm!

What does everyone get with battery life on light use? I'm getting less than a day fiddling all the time, and (just) 3 days light 'normal' phone use. Is that about right?

I'm using 0.007 leaked Froyo and the battery is definitely better than in Éclair, which means it last longer than éclair at least for me.

I'm using 0.007 leaked Froyo and the battery is definitely better than in Éclair, which means it last longer than éclair at least for me.

Same for me. It lasts three days for me with normal usage.

Guest seraphim2017

How much free memory should I have by the way?

I use the app killer which tells me I have anything between 31mb free and 80mb free at maximum, how do people get 180 mb free! I'm not running anything big, and at work, wifi, gps and push internet is all off to save battery (and data!)

How do i free up memory on the unit using the standard 2.1 release?

How much free memory should I have by the way?

I use the app killer which tells me I have anything between 31mb free and 80mb free at maximum, how do people get 180 mb free! I'm not running anything big, and at work, wifi, gps and push internet is all off to save battery (and data!)

How do i free up memory on the unit using the standard 2.1 release?

by the way: an app on froyo is not permitted to kill another task like on previous versions, so task killer apps are useless on froyo :lol:

my phone has mostly just round about 30 mb free ram, too.

Edited by m106

Anybody tried latest Malez Recovery 0.6 ?

Plan to do it in about an hour when I've got a chance

Thanks

I have has no issued with backing up and restoring with the new Malez Recovery 0.6 :lol:

Guest snootched
Was ready one hour ago, he is uploading to Cyanogen and maybe tomorrow will be up for download.

Really, I don't see evidence of this as I see he's still pushing into his github as of a 20 minutes ago...

Guest lvcargnini
Really, I don't see evidence of this as I see he's still pushing into his github as of a 20 minutes ago...

Yeah I know the guy has a life too :lol:

either way there is a new leak and I'm working to compile the CM6 on my mac now.

Guest snootched
Yeah I know the guy has a life too :lol:

either way there is a new leak and I'm working to compile the CM6 on my mac now.

Sounds good.. I'd pull the git from work, but they block it on the firewall :)

let me know how your compile goes, I'm interested in building as well - just need to pull down the huge source.

Guest Peterfdevries
I have removed the following apks without problems:

AcerDLNA

AcerLauncher

AcerNidus

AcerRegister

AcerSettings

AcerSync

AcerUpdateNotifier

BarcodeScanner (Reinstall from Market)

Facebook (Reinstall from Market)

GenieWidget

LatinIME

LatinImeTutorial

Launcher2

LiveWallpapers

LiveWallpapersPicker

MagicSmokeWallpapers

MsgExpress

NemoPlayer

PicoTts

RS

Spinlets

Twitter

UrFooz

VisualizationWallpapers

XT9IME

Be sure to install another keyboard and another launcher before you remove the original ones!

Where can i find three files? I want to delete some of them to.

THANK you!!! ;p.s.

i wrote on the wrong topic...this is from the last bin...right?

ok tryed and twitter account work...think it's the one from latest froyo bin ....?

Edited by wytek

Guest wapityyy

Hey guys, I just got my Acer Liquid E and wanted to upgrade it to android 2.2. I have some questions though...

- In the title of this thread it says Acer Liquid... are we talking about the Acer Liquid E or only the Acer liquid?

- Does anyone know if the leak works with Fido phones?

- Does the phone have to be rooted for this leak to work?

- Are there any features not working with the leak at the moment?

- How is the battery life doing with this leak?

Thank you guys! :lol:

Hey guys, I just got my Acer Liquid E and wanted to upgrade it to android 2.2. I have some questions though...

- In the title of this thread it says Acer Liquid... are we talking about the Acer Liquid E or only the Acer liquid?

Thank you guys! :lol:

It does work on my liquid. I don't know about liquidE. But if you do upgrade to 2.2, don't use this bin, it's really slow and buggy. Try this one instead: Newest Leak

On the latest bin, performance is generally smoothe, the battery life is good and the phone does not have to be rooted to flash this (or any other) bin.

Thank you guys! B)

Yes it works on the LiquidE, works perfectly on mine :lol: As far as I know this works on all Liquids.

I doubt this would work on a Fido phone, different hardware.

It's not a bad idea to reboot the phone after first flash.

ALL features work B)

Battery live is pretty good.

Best thing to do would be, install Malez recovery, backup your existing rom, flash the leak, give it a try, and if you don't like it, flash back to previous rom.

PS. check out the NEW leak.

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-than-previous/

Edited by ikirt

Guest wapityyy
Yes it works on the LiquidE, works perfectly on mine :lol: As far as I know this works on all Liquids.

I doubt this would work on a Fido phone, different hardware.

It's not a bad idea to reboot the phone after first flash.

ALL features work B)

Battery live is pretty good.

Best thing to do would be, install Malez recovery, backup your existing rom, flash the leak, give it a try, and if you don't like it, flash back to previous rom.

PS. check out the NEW leak.

http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-than-previous/

Hey! Thank you for answering my questions!

When you say it wouldnt work on a Fido phone... Well I meant that my provider is Fido, but my phone is the liquid e... do you think that could give a problem?

Hey! Thank you for answering my questions!

When you say it wouldnt work on a Fido phone... Well I meant that my provider is Fido, but my phone is the liquid e... do you think that could give a problem?

Yes the firmware will work on your phone, the leak should have the Fido APN, worst case scenario, you have to add the APN manually.

Guest wapityyy
Yes the firmware will work on your phone, the leak should have the Fido APN, worst case scenario, you have to add the APN manually.

will try that as soon as i finish working :lol:!