How to go back from 21 to 00 builds

Guest geek78

Hi

Here is the process. But, please, don’t ask me how to be root or how to use fastboot … reader other threads for that :P

This is only to go back from 21 to 00 builds

Download the official update 4399 from here : http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/download.p...mf/?kmwolzykyet

Copy this update to the root of your sdcard and rename it update.pkg

Download this zip http://hotfile.com/dl/62324940/5dea6fd/recovery.rar.html

Unzip it on your desktop

Put your streak in fastboot mode

Go to the directory where are the files from recovery rar and execute the right cmd for your situation :

fastboot-yourOS -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.stock.new.img

push the the 2 volume buttons and at the same time execute the right cmd for your situtation :

fastboot-yourOS -i 0x413c reboot

Choose update from sd card …. And after the process you have now a 4399 21 build

Root your streak and install a browser like root explorer and a terminal from de market

Download the official 6267 build http://mobileupdate.dell.com/LatestBuild/S...111_6267_00.pkg and copy it to the root of your sdcard

Rename the file as update.pkg

Download this file at the root of your sd card http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8F8JBU1Y

Download this zip and unzip it where your want on your sdcard http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GPU0UPRB, then mount your / as rw and copy all the files unziped at the same place on the streak (etc to /etc, system to /system ...)

Form a terminal on your streak with su rights execute this

flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img

Reboot your streak in normal mode

Reboot your streak in recovery mode and apply the update from sdcard

Guest duncandisorderly

peoples peoples peoples-

I am on an 02-supplied dell streak. I had just got the thing nicely set up with customised "rooms", widgeted up, a decent selection of 3rd party apps & a choice of keyboards when on saturday morning, those [nice people] at 02 were hijacked by those [nice people] at dell for an OTA "upgrade" to 2.1.

I was half asleep when this happened, but in any case I figured I could re-sync my contacts with outlook via the dell pc sync s/w, & re-acquire my apps if I needed to.

by the time I realised that the first thing was never going to happen, the second one was well underway.

BUT

all of a sudden the phone sucks bigly. no custom wallpaper/rooms- just one long strip.

the browser seems to have lost the only useful buttons it had.

the facebook widget is bust.

worst of all (for me, anyway) the photo editor has gone walkies. not hiding, GONE.

so I've spent all day today reading bits of this forum....

it's taken me a great deal of trial & error, & I've almost worn out the little bits of bent tin that hold the back cover on the streak...

but I have finally arrived at a set of instructions that enabled me to get 1.6 back onto the little bugger. I have no idea if it's rooted or not- I just wanted my functions back.

so.

download the stock recovery rom & the two stock update packages from here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...rboot-recovery/

the files you want are the ones with these MD5 checksums at the end:

MD5: b3cd6f3facd39d8bf51ef956cf0a0cf1

MD5: 06067784c4b508a758503e82b002b085

MD5: 1211852b3cea6f3610931f99d477ff5e

I suggest getting both versions of the 1.6 package file simply because one of them maybe going to work & the other isn't. trial & error, because by the time your streak is running 2.1, you don't know what build of 1.6 it is/was. mine turns out to be 3883, the second one. older?

(experts- jump in here if I've misunderstood something- I'm a broadcast engineer & android is not my speciality)

having done that, unzip the recovery files into a folder called "streak" in the root of your c drive. yes, use a pc for this- it's easier.

(they will initially unzip as "r1-4399-streak-recovery"; copy all these files to the "streak" folder you create.)

make sure that you can mount the SD in your streak when the usb cable is in. the easiest way to ensure the drivers are present is to install the pc sync app from dell. if the SD doesn't mount, have a poke about in "device manager" & when you are prompted for the driver, browse for it on the pc. it will be there somewhere- "android phone".

start the phone normally & copy the update package (3833 or 4399) onto the SD, making sure that it's called "Update.pkg", i.e. replacing the "Streak_104_4399_21" part with "Update". I understand from reading elsewhere that the upper case U at the start may be important.

then shut the phone down, disconnect the usb, & restart it with the camera button pushed. it should come up with a white screen, with "fastboot mode" in the top right corner. press this, wait a few seconds then attach the usb cable again.

now open a cmd window on your PC.

"cd .." until you are at c:/

"cd streak".

then type this: "fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash recovery c:\recovery.stock.img"

you should see a bit of activity on the phone screen, then "done!".

unplug the usb cable, take the back off the phone & remove the battery. replace it, fasten the back on & restart the phone with both volume keys held down.

select "update from SD" (or whatever it says- the 2nd option) & press the camera button.

mine whinged about "emergency software recovery" but eventually started the update. it took about ten minutes & there was a lot of flashing & then apparent inactivity.

the image you are waiting for is the factory reset image, which is a black screen with a phone lying next to its box.

hope this helps somebody!

duncan.

peoples peoples peoples-

I am on an 02-supplied dell streak. I had just got the thing nicely set up with customised "rooms", widgeted up, a decent selection of 3rd party apps & a choice of keyboards when on saturday morning, those [nice people] at 02 were hijacked by those [nice people] at dell for an OTA "upgrade" to 2.1.

I was half asleep when this happened, but in any case I figured I could re-sync my contacts with outlook via the dell pc sync s/w, & re-acquire my apps if I needed to.

by the time I realised that the first thing was never going to happen, the second one was well underway.

BUT

all of a sudden the phone sucks bigly. no custom wallpaper/rooms- just one long strip.

the browser seems to have lost the only useful buttons it had.

the facebook widget is bust.

worst of all (for me, anyway) the photo editor has gone walkies. not hiding, GONE.

so I've spent all day today reading bits of this forum....

it's taken me a great deal of trial & error, & I've almost worn out the little bits of bent tin that hold the back cover on the streak...

but I have finally arrived at a set of instructions that enabled me to get 1.6 back onto the little bugger. I have no idea if it's rooted or not- I just wanted my functions back.

so.

download the stock recovery rom & the two stock update packages from here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...rboot-recovery/

the files you want are the ones with these MD5 checksums at the end:

MD5: b3cd6f3facd39d8bf51ef956cf0a0cf1

MD5: 06067784c4b508a758503e82b002b085

MD5: 1211852b3cea6f3610931f99d477ff5e

I suggest getting both versions of the 1.6 package file simply because one of them maybe going to work & the other isn't. trial & error, because by the time your streak is running 2.1, you don't know what build of 1.6 it is/was. mine turns out to be 3883, the second one. older?

(experts- jump in here if I've misunderstood something- I'm a broadcast engineer & android is not my speciality)

having done that, unzip the recovery files into a folder called "streak" in the root of your c drive. yes, use a pc for this- it's easier.

(they will initially unzip as "r1-4399-streak-recovery"; copy all these files to the "streak" folder you create.)

make sure that you can mount the SD in your streak when the usb cable is in. the easiest way to ensure the drivers are present is to install the pc sync app from dell. if the SD doesn't mount, have a poke about in "device manager" & when you are prompted for the driver, browse for it on the pc. it will be there somewhere- "android phone".

start the phone normally & copy the update package (3833 or 4399) onto the SD, making sure that it's called "Update.pkg", i.e. replacing the "Streak_104_4399_21" part with "Update". I understand from reading elsewhere that the upper case U at the start may be important.

then shut the phone down, disconnect the usb, & restart it with the camera button pushed. it should come up with a white screen, with "fastboot mode" in the top right corner. press this, wait a few seconds then attach the usb cable again.

now open a cmd window on your PC.

"cd .." until you are at c:/

"cd streak".

then type this: "fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash recovery c:\recovery.stock.img"

you should see a bit of activity on the phone screen, then "done!".

unplug the usb cable, take the back off the phone & r

emove the battery. replace it, fasten the back on & restart the phone with both volume keys held down.

select "update from SD" (or whatever it says- the 2nd option) & press the camera button.

mine whinged about "emergency software recovery" but eventually started the update. it took about ten minutes & there was a lot of flashing & then apparent inactivity.

the image you are waiting for is the factory reset image, which is a black screen with a phone lying next to its box.

hope this helps somebody!

duncan.

Sorry but this not the subject of this thread :P

I am talking about swap between 21 device type to 00 device type ....

Guest TheRain

Hi guys,

All fine up to this point:

"then mount your / as rw and copy all the files unziped at the same place on the streak (etc to /etc, system to /system ...)"

Can anyone tell me what command/s to use to mount / as rw?

Guest TheRain
Hi guys,

All fine up to this point:

"then mount your / as rw and copy all the files unziped at the same place on the streak (etc to /etc, system to /system ...)"

Can anyone tell me what command/s to use to mount / as rw?

Nevermind-

mount -o rw,remount rootfs /

Guest duncandisorderly

>>Sorry but this not the subject of this thread :P

I am talking about swap between 21 device type to 00 device type ....<<

yeah, I told you I wasn't an expert.... :)

I tried to start a new thread for it but something went awry. I'll try again.

d.

Guest Wee Thomas

Hi,

I tried this out but got the FOTA device name mismatch error and couldn't update to the 6267_00 firmware.

I will EDIT this post to contain a link a zip file with everything from the first post.

EDIT1:

So it turns out that on windows, one should copy over a copy of fastboot.exe and rename it fastboot-windows.exe, then doubleclick the stock.bat file when in fastboot mode. Before this, I couldn't get it to flash to 4399 using the recovery image so I'd used the stock one that worked for the 21 beta upgrade. I'm giving this a try now, will update with more info.

So I tried this following all the steps and I still get the FOTA model name mismatch error. I'm guessing copying that /etc and /system folder over and rebooting in normal mode are supposed to change the device from 21 to 00. Is that correct? If so, that's not working for me. Also, I know you didn't want to talk about rooting - but I use the superboot image to root. If you are doing something else, that could be part of the issue. . .

I've tried running the script directly from the terminal, I get this error: contents of MTD partition "recovery" didn't match MTD:recovery (and some more stuff followed by ) ApplyImagePatch failed

Edited by Wee Thomas

Hi,

I tried this out but got the FOTA device name mismatch error and couldn't update to the 6267_00 firmware.

I will EDIT this post to contain a link a zip file with everything from the first post.

EDIT1:

So it turns out that on windows, one should copy over a copy of fastboot.exe and rename it fastboot-windows.exe, then doubleclick the stock.bat file when in fastboot mode. Before this, I couldn't get it to flash to 4399 using the recovery image so I'd used the stock one that worked for the 21 beta upgrade. I'm giving this a try now, will update with more info.

So I tried this following all the steps and I still get the FOTA model name mismatch error. I'm guessing copying that /etc and /system folder over and rebooting in normal mode are supposed to change the device from 21 to 00. Is that correct? If so, that's not working for me. Also, I know you didn't want to talk about rooting - but I use the superboot image to root. If you are doing something else, that could be part of the issue. . .

I've tried running the script directly from the terminal, I get this error: contents of MTD partition "recovery" didn't match MTD:recovery (and some more stuff followed by ) ApplyImagePatch failed

Corrected stock.bat:

fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c -w

fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c erase system

fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c erase recovery

fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c erase boot

fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.stock.new.img

fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c reboot

Use this recovery at last step http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B43BI8U6 ! Else you have message "FOTA model name mismatch error"

I never said to use stock.bat ....

Corrected stock.bat:

fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c -w

fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c erase system

fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c erase recovery

fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c erase boot

fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c flash recovery recovery.stock.new.img

fastboot-windows.exe -i 0x413c reboot

Use this recovery at last step http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B43BI8U6 ! Else you have message "FOTA model name mismatch error"

Can somebody help me? I always get to this poing:

Form a terminal on your streak with su rights execute this

flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img

and than i am stuck i downloaded android terminal pro. wrote exactly command how it is here but i am getting erroroutput[usage: flash_image partition file.img

i am not a linux user and android is first linux i am trying

pls help

Edited by Maradar

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BigOmar

what do you mean by "mount your / as rw and copy all the files unziped at the same place on the streak (etc to /etc, system to /system ...)"

can anybody please elaborate further?

thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Hothan Dao

I cannot install 4399 21 build (in the step of apply update.pkg) from 8105 ROM. Everytime I do it, it corrupts my baseband, Phone cannot turn on, and I have to use QSDTool to recovery it.

Please let me know if I do anything wrong?

Edited by Hothan Dao