Can't get into recovery mode

Guest squirreleater

Guest squirreleater

Help, Just got hold of a Galaxy S on an amazing deal, quite happy with my Nexus but want to get the Galaxy running well to give an honest comparison and decide what one to keep.

But...

I just cannot get it into recovery mode in order to run the quick root/lag fix I've downloaded from the market.

Just to say I've tried every combination of holding various buttons on startup..... I've been reading on xda that Bell phones seen to have this problem as well.

Any suggestions? Considering I'm a newbie to Samsung....

Orange branded running I9000BVJF3

Help!

Thanks.

Guest bamb0o-stick
Help, Just got hold of a Galaxy S on an amazing deal, quite happy with my Nexus but want to get the Galaxy running well to give an honest comparison and decide what one to keep.

But...

I just cannot get it into recovery mode in order to run the quick root/lag fix I've downloaded from the market.

Just to say I've tried every combination of holding various buttons on startup..... I've been reading on xda that Bell phones seen to have this problem as well.

Any suggestions? Considering I'm a newbie to Samsung....

Orange branded running I9000BVJF3

Help!

Thanks.

I found out recently that some of the newer Galaxy S phones can't be rebooted into recovery mode manually. My Vibrant needs to be rebooted using the SDK files in order for me to root it. I'm a newbie myself so I'm learning as I go right now. This Youtube video shows you three methods to reboot into recovery (skip the first method), the second method was the one that worked for me.

Guest Stockholm

I thought I had that same problem until I realized that I had to keep holding all 3 buttons until i got in flash or recovery mode.

Even if this isn't your problem someone else might need a heads up.

Guest squirreleater

Ok. It took me a rather long time but got there- sort of!

I ended up using a .bat recovery file that is on xda, a newbie how to root thread.

But I'm still having issues, can only get a few roms to actually flash, I'm guessing it is to do with the bsae rom I have? I'm new to Samsungs , plus the modding community is very fractured, nothing like HTC where one fix seems to get used and improved by all. IE, there are lots of apparent ways to root/fix lag etc with the Galaxy, hopefully Cyanogens team will get on board and that'll unite the modding community. (apparently they have said they will be supporting the galaxy)