[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

Guest amdzero
I'm having the same issue with Facebook on ZeroStock 1.1 currently. HOWEVER, the last time I had ZeroStock on, prior to upgrading to DG21, I did not have this problem. I thought it was just me and never got around to trying to uninstall and re-install.

I do NOT use SPB Shell

well I don't use facebook, but I could install it and see what you guys are seeing. Does fim work?

Guest Bryan W.
Hey I am running the BASE rom of yours AMD, I am enjoying it very much, I am having a few minor glitches that have not bothered me but one critical one for me is my email account which is a .msn ie. windows live, it will not sync it has an error message that reads " messages can not be downloaded to this device" it may not be the Rom at all but maybe someone else is having this problem and knows why. If not I am gonna reflash and not save My Storage because I have a hunch this maybe the cause. Thanks for sharing your work, I know it is time consuming.

I also had this problem. Reflashing did the trick. I installed Windows Live first thing tho, and let it creare the account in the email app.

Guest amdzero
I also had this problem. Reflashing did the trick. I installed Windows Live first thing tho, and let it creare the account in the email app.

moments away from re-releaseing my lite and base roms, Samsung had come out with a new offical flash

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SCH-I920DAAVZW

ver1.0.2.3

Guess I'll wait and see if there is any changes before I upload.

Edited by amdzero

Guest kainobean

ok i am a complette noob with this stuff and cant find any info on how to flash these roms.... i downloaded the flasher in this post and opened the rom with it but it cant find my phone. just says waiting for phone. and when i hit detect nothing happenes... is there somehting i need to install first to get it to see my phone??

Guest amdzero
ok i am a complette noob with this stuff and cant find any info on how to flash these roms.... i downloaded the flasher in this post and opened the rom with it but it cant find my phone. just says waiting for phone. and when i hit detect nothing happenes... is there somehting i need to install first to get it to see my phone??

yes, you must first install the samsung mit drivers for your version of windows. This can be a pita if you have win vista/7 64-bit edition as they don't like to use unsigned drivers. Rest assured they CAN be used as I've seen win xp/vista/7 32 AND 64-bit flavors all successfully use the flasher.

Again you have to install the drivers first and then plug the phone in while OFF. It won't do any good with the phone on. You could plug it in and then press the soft reset, thats what I do.

Either way the drivers MUST be installed.

Oh and 1 more thing, after you install the custom drivers, you may not be able to use the samsung official update tool unless you uninstall the custom driver and reinstall the official samsung one.

Look at this thread:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-win7-32-64bit/

it is the i8000, but the drivers are the same. DO NOT install the CDMA modem driver, it is not needed for the i920.

Guest kainobean

ok well both my computers dont reconize my phone while its off so i cant install the drivers for it... how do you get it to see the phone in the off state? im using windows 7 32 and 64bit both cant see it.

Guest amdzero
ok well both my computers dont reconize my phone while its off so i cant install the drivers for it... how do you get it to see the phone in the off state? im using windows 7 32 and 64bit both cant see it.

If you hear the usb "tone" when plugging in your phone in the off state, then you ARE able to use the drivers. You have to MANUALLY install them however, as most likely your phone already has the default signed samsung mit drivers.

This has been discussed several times, but here is a quick run down.

in Windows 7, open "Devices and Printers".

Plug the phone in (while off)

if the i920 icon shows up, withOUT the yield sign on, then you are using the default samsung drivers.

right click on the open space to go to device manager (or in the run command type "devmgmt.msc")

now you only have about 2-3 seconds to install the driver, or the phone will turn off (you'll hear the usb unplug tone).

Thats okay as long as you are fast enough to expand "Mobile devices" and right click on "Samsung MITs USB Sync" then "Update Driver Software..."

At this point the phone will probably have "unplugged" itself, but thats okay.

As long as you get to the update driver software screen you'll be good.

Browse to your Octans driver (see download link in previous posts) and make sure you choose HAVE DISK... to make sure you select the correct driver.

Again the picture will be BLACK and will NOT have a certificate picture (see image below).

before hitting next unplug/replug (or just hit reset) and then click next so that windows 7 re-recognizes the phone.

It may take a bit of time to get it done, but luckily you only have to do this once.

Oh and if you are using win7 64-bit make sure you boot win7 using f8 and disable driver signiture enforcement

disable-driver-signature-enforcement.png

post-463858-1286047220_thumb.png post-463858-1286047122_thumb.png

Guest kainobean

ok well i got it to show up while its off but it shows up as "windows mobile device" with the yeild sign. and i tryed to go to update drivers and picked the driver that i downloaded from the link and it says it dosnt contain any compatible driver for the device. is there setings im supose to change on the phone for it to show up properly??

Guest amdzero
ok well i got it to show up while its off but it shows up as "windows mobile device" with the yeild sign. and i tryed to go to update drivers and picked the driver that i downloaded from the link and it says it dosnt contain any compatible driver for the device. is there setings im supose to change on the phone for it to show up properly??

as long as your phone is "off" then there is NOTHING you can do to the phone to get it to recognize. When the phone is in the OFF state, the eboot will detect activity on the micro usb port. When it senses something, it will show the Omnia II screen, and activate flash mode. If there is not a flash initiation within a few seconds, it will display the charging batty icon.

Make sure the phone is off, not just in standby mode. If you need to remove the battery and plug it back in but DON'T turn it back on.

Also what shows up in device manager when you have the phone plugged in and you press the soft reset button?

Guest mdkpnj
would you like 4 across icons?

Absolutely. 3 icons on the home tab and 9 on the program tab just is not enough. I don't want to have to use Cookies Home Tab as that eats memory and slows Sense Down. Waiting anxiousaly and thanks.... :)

Guest amdzero
Absolutely. 3 icons on the home tab and 9 on the program tab just is not enough. I don't want to have to use Cookies Home Tab as that eats memory and slows Sense Down. Waiting anxiousaly and thanks.... :)

I'll see what I can do =)

Guest kainobean

ok i got the drivers installed and got it to download the img to the phone but the flash is failing every time. i tryed running the program without any compatibility mode on and it always times out with finding the phone so i run it in xp mode but it always fails...

Guest rolobolas
moments away from re-releaseing my lite and base roms, Samsung had come out with a new offical flash

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/SCH-I920DAAVZW

ver1.0.2.3

Guess I'll wait and see if there is any changes before I upload.

Is this the update that will prevent us from flashing custom roms??

Edited by rolobolas

Guest amdzero
Thanks, I'll hold off.

Any solutions in the horizon?

There isn't a need for a solution, just don't use DG21 1.0.2.3 The only thing that has changed from DG21 1.0.2.1 is the CSC I don't mess with CSC only PDA.

So don't flash 1.0.2.3, if you want DG21, use the link in the first post by Snow02.

Guest JeremyGNJ

I'm using the ZeroStock for a full day now and I'm loving it. The new simplified skn you used is excellant, and I like the FileManager app that's included.

Only weird thing is that there appears to be no shutdown animation included. This really confused me the first time I shutdown the device because it looked like nothing was happening....but now that I know it's no big deal.

Guest JeremyGNJ

Anyone know how to change the colors used in Tmail? I used to use Jinbox but I'm trying to stay away from it now, but the current colors is black-on-grey, with green headers....very difficult to read.

Guest kainobean

well im not 100% satisfied with the zero stock rom. its nice and looks great and runs very nice but some things i miss from the old samsung stock like the cool cube app and the samsung messanger... the new one kinda not as good. also the buttons on the bottom seem to have issuses with me as when the keyboard is up you can hardly hit them cuase its overlapping.. if i can fix that with some registry tweaking then ill be all set but right now thats the only thing thats really iritating me with it... otherwise great job and cant wait to see whats next :)...

Guest amdzero
well im not 100% satisfied with the zero stock rom. its nice and looks great and runs very nice but some things i miss from the old samsung stock like the cool cube app and the samsung messanger... the new one kinda not as good. also the buttons on the bottom seem to have issuses with me as when the keyboard is up you can hardly hit them cuase its overlapping.. if i can fix that with some registry tweaking then ill be all set but right now thats the only thing thats really iritating me with it... otherwise great job and cant wait to see whats next :)...

did you really say "cool cube app"? talk about memory hogging BS. Anyway what are you talking about with the samsung messanger? Am I missing something?

Its funny I JUST NOW noticed the keyboard (SIP) is lower than it should be. Damn you now I have to find a fix for it. I was doing just fine before I realized it.

Guest jaycarl

I see the same question over and over again about newbies not knowing how to flash their phone for the very first time.

Suggestion, post step by step instructions in post 1 or something so people have only one place to refer to when learning how to flash for the first time. Kind of like how necisino (I think) did in a separate thread in the i910 forums.

If you never flashed before and just got a O2 and stumbled onto this forum this is no one place to learn all it takes. Which is why most people don't even bother.

Guest amdzero
I see the same question over and over again about newbies not knowing how to flash their phone for the very first time.

Suggestion, post step by step instructions in post 1 or something so people have only one place to refer to when learning how to flash for the first time. Kind of like how necisino (I think) did in a separate thread in the i910 forums.

If you never flashed before and just got a O2 and stumbled onto this forum this is no one place to learn all it takes. Which is why most people don't even bother.

Tell you what, you make a pdf and I'll post it in post 1. I'm kinda busy with cooking and school (oh yeah and work lol).

Guest xlightwaverx

And I'll even step it up a notch. Ill use Camtasia and make a video tutorial BASED on AMD's PDF with a direct ON SCREEN Recording of each event. Even down to installing drivers, etc. Though I can't figure out how to get my 64bit to work :) I think something might be pooched in my system.

Tell you what, you make a pdf and I'll post it in post 1. I'm kinda busy with cooking and school (oh yeah and work lol).

Guest amdzero
And I'll even step it up a notch. Ill use Camtasia and make a video tutorial BASED on AMD's PDF with a direct ON SCREEN Recording of each event. Even down to installing drivers, etc. Though I can't figure out how to get my 64bit to work :) I think something might be pooched in my system.

as long as you hear the "usb tone" when pluggin in your phone (when it is fully off) then you CAN manually force install the drivers.

The reason it would take so long to make a tutorial, is that there are 5 different OS you can use, xp, vista 32 &64,win7 32&64.