[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

Guest xlightwaverx

Im actually installing SKype right now so I can talk to you about this. I can't even get my drivers installed. 64 is pretty different.

as long as you hear the "usb tone" when pluggin in your phone (when it is fully off) then you CAN manually force install the drivers.

The reason it would take so long to make a tutorial, is that there are 5 different OS you can use, xp, vista 32 &64,win7 32&64.

Guest kainobean

lol ya the cube app might have been memory hoging but i never had a problem with memory befor with the stock just performance wasnt as well i it should have been plenty of ram i felt even if it was only 85mb free thats more than enough for me to run everything i want at once. ya ill look around the registry for somthing for the keyboard and post if i find anything that moves it up a bit. and the messanger just seems a lot diffrent and functions a bit diffrent but i figured it out and it really dosent bother me anymore about the diffrence.

Guest Fogfire

Kudos on the New Zero Stock

I like the load amination, nice surprise

Issues / Questions:

I loaded SPB MS 3.5 I can't find the color changing option anywhere now!!!

I think there was a cab for bubble breaker.. :) I will dig it up.

Powerdown feels very unfinished compared to the rest of the ROM.. No comfirmation message and no animation so it's several seconds before you know if its shutting down. Other than that the feel of this ROM is really nice and complete. I think if I didn't own SPB MS.. There would be enough here to not seek it out.

Thanks for the great work. This is my first loading of a customer ROM

BTW

Did it on Win 7 64 Bit.

Secret was to disable my internet connection. So after I uninstalled/deleted the standard Samsung driver. I was able to point it to the One for Octans.

Otherwise it seemed to always go get the Samsung. Could be just dumb luck... too

Thanks again.

Guest cliffco823
Yes

What the what!!!? I can't beleive they would do that. It's not like it has much shelf life left. I think this has sealed my O2's fate. I may have to jump ship soon. I am waiting on a Droid incredible successor. I think that is a slap in the face of the chef's that have certainly improved this phone 1000X the original/stock Rom.

Edited by cliffco823

Guest cliffco823
calm down................what just happened?

(If I am reading the post correctly)... the latest official update form Samsung/Verizon prevents custom roms. Someone correct me if I am wrong. :)

(LOL I am really not that upset. I have been talking aboutt jumping ship for a while now. ;) But it is a crying shame that they would "lock" it down like that. I can't imagine being stuck with the stock ROM).

Edited by cliffco823

Guest Fogfire
Kudos on the New Zero Stock

I like the load amination, nice surprise

Issues / Questions:

I loaded SPB MS 3.5 I can't find the color changing option anywhere now!!!

I think there was a cab for bubble breaker.. :) I will dig it up.

Powerdown feels very unfinished compared to the rest of the ROM.. No comfirmation message and no animation so it's several seconds before you know if its shutting down. Other than that the feel of this ROM is really nice and complete. I think if I didn't own SPB MS.. There would be enough here to not seek it out.

Thanks for the great work. This is my first loading of a customer ROM

BTW

Did it on Win 7 64 Bit.

Secret was to disable my internet connection. So after I uninstalled/deleted the standard Samsung driver. I was able to point it to the One for Octans.

Otherwise it seemed to always go get the Samsung. Could be just dumb luck... too

Thanks again.

New Issues. Zero Stock

I have lost all vibrating feedback in screen taps and keyboards

I can not change keyboards. Sometimes I want Samsung.. but no matther what I do in settings.. it is always Swipe

I can not change keyboards. Sometimes I want Samsung.. but no matther what I do in settings.. it is always Swipe

Are you trying to change it just from the settings? To change your keyboard you have to hold down on the little icon in the bottom center of the screen and then a list of keyboards comes up. I do not know why but both winmo and android only let you change the keyboard from a text entry box even though they let you select one in the settings.

I'm using that rom and was able to change keyboards just fine, haptic feedback I do not know about as I always disable that ASAP.

(If I am reading the post correctly)... the latest official update form Samsung/Verizon prevents custom roms. Someone correct me if I am wrong. :)

(LOL I am really not that upset. I have been talking aboutt jumping ship for a while now. ;) But it is a crying shame that they would "lock" it down like that. I can't imagine being stuck with the stock ROM).

From what I understand samsung modified something they have never messed with before and that change is causing our flashing procedures to bug up, I doubt it was anything intentional on their part to lock anything down.

Edited by bmt10

Guest cliffco823
Are you trying to change it just from the settings? To change your keyboard you have to hold down on the little icon in the bottom center of the screen and then a list of keyboards comes up. I do not know why but both winmo and android only let you change the keyboard from a text entry box even though they let you select one in the settings.

I'm using that rom and was able to change keyboards just fine, haptic feedback I do not know about as I always disable that ASAP.

From what I understand samsung modified something they have never messed with before and that change is causing our flashing procedures to bug up, I doubt it was anything intentional on their part to lock anything down.

Oh okay. I take back my rant. :) Thanks

Guest urphonesux

WHAT?????????????

The new update breaks custom rom flashing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad the one i used is still around. I can still flash custom with no problems. That WOULD suck to be locked into the stock rom

Guest amdzero
New Issues. Zero Stock

I have lost all vibrating feedback in screen taps and keyboards

I haven't found a way to get the vibration function back, but the xt9 keyboard should work. Did you tap/hold the swype icon on the bottom center and select samsung keyboard?

I am NOT saying the custom roms won't work with the latest DG21 1.0.2.3 update from samsung. I AM saying that I've tried at least 5 custom roms and none of them would boot (and they did just fine before the update). In MY EXPERIENCE the DG21 roms I cooked, wouldn't boot with the newest update from samsung.

The reason I cannot definitively say they blocked custom roms, is because so far I'm the only one having this issue, or at least the only one posting about it.

Guest Fogfire
I haven't found a way to get the vibration function back, but the xt9 keyboard should work. Did you tap/hold the swype icon on the bottom center and select samsung keyboard?

I am NOT saying the custom roms won't work with the latest DG21 1.0.2.3 update from samsung. I AM saying that I've tried at least 5 custom roms and none of them would boot (and they did just fine before the update). In MY EXPERIENCE the DG21 roms I cooked, wouldn't boot with the newest update from samsung.

The reason I cannot definitively say they blocked custom roms, is because so far I'm the only one having this issue, or at least the only one posting about it.

• I got Vibration back by doing a full reset and me wip of the phone. Even My Storage. right down to needing a *228
    UPDATE: SPB Force Feeback still doesn't work.. but other parts of the UI are now fine like keyboards. Works in SPB Time
  • Just found that way of changing keyboard with long press on menu bar.. So that is cool too.

So I am having two issues - not sure if the color one is related to your rom or SPB and 6.5.5

1) even with a fresh reinstall the "themes" controll is missing from SPB I can't change the base color anymore :)

MS has removed their online theme maker too so I see no easy way to adjust colors.. etc.

will need to find some ready rolled themes

2) What I would really like to know is how to get back the "Do you want to shut down?" dialog.

bad habit by me, but I sometimes long press the power button when I don't mean to and I need my "mulligan dialog"

Edited by Fogfire

Guest tedkord

Hmmm...I installed the new COM5 Lite rom, and I'm confused. When I installed the original COM3 Lite DG21, I had 154MB total RAM, now with the newer I have 142MB. What's changed?

With the older COM3, using SPB MS3.5, Today and Samsung dialer disabled, I'd settle out at about 70mb free after boot. Now, with the same setup, I'm settling in the mid to hig 50's.

Looks like you've got 16mb page pool setup in the newer ROM (no idea about the earlier version). Now, I did use the O2 kitchen to reset the page pool to 12mb before flashing - would that cause some compression to be lost? I guess I'll try flashing it stock, see how that goes. Out of curiosity AMD, how much free RAM do you have after a fresh flash to Lite?

Guest tedkord
Hmmm...I installed the new COM5 Lite rom, and I'm confused. When I installed the original COM3 Lite DG21, I had 154MB total RAM, now with the newer I have 142MB. What's changed?

With the older COM3, using SPB MS3.5, Today and Samsung dialer disabled, I'd settle out at about 70mb free after boot. Now, with the same setup, I'm settling in the mid to hig 50's.

Looks like you've got 16mb page pool setup in the newer ROM (no idea about the earlier version). Now, I did use the O2 kitchen to reset the page pool to 12mb before flashing - would that cause some compression to be lost? I guess I'll try flashing it stock, see how that goes. Out of curiosity AMD, how much free RAM do you have after a fresh flash to Lite?

EDIT: Nevermind - I see the 92-93mb displayed by battclock in your pictures in the ZeroLite post. Sorry

Edited by tedkord

Guest urphonesux

so.............. now you have 92-93 mb free ram with spb ms3 running?

i mean is that where your phone is settling?

trying to find out if there is more free ram in the new release than the old one

Edited by urphonesux

Guest amdzero
  • I got Vibration back by doing a full reset and me wip of the phone. Even My Storage. right down to needing a *228
  • Just found that way of changing keyboard with long press on menu bar.. So that is cool too.

So I am having two issues - not sure if the color one is related to your rom or SPB and 6.5.5

1) even with a fresh reinstall the "themes" controll is missing from SPB I can't change the base color anymore :)

MS has removed their online theme maker too so I see no easy way to adjust colors.. etc.

will need to find some ready rolled themes

2) What I would really like to know is how to get back the "Do you want to shut down?" dialog.

bad habit by me, but I sometimes long press the power button when I don't mean to and I need my "mulligan dialog"

1) I'm not quite sure about the color thing. If you just want to change the colors in SPB MS 3.5.5, then no you can't as I put a custom mod to it. If you mean changing the windows mobile colors then you can do that in the registry.

2) see cab below

AMDZero_original_Powerbutton_dialog.cab

Guest kainobean

hmm ok everything with the zero stock rom is working great but today i tryed to copy some music via usb cable to my phone and i keep getting this error saying the phone has been disconnected and the files dont copy even though activesync still says its connected. but copying through bluetooth worked just fine just very very slow... not sure what the problem is since i never touched any of the usb settings in the phone. any ideas?? anyone else haveing similar issue or just me?

Guest tedkord
so.............. now you have 92-93 mb free ram with spb ms3 running?

i mean is that where your phone is settling?

trying to find out if there is more free ram in the new release than the old one

No, I meant that AMD's pictures in the ZeroLite post showed 92-93mb free with Titanium. I'm getting mid 50's with SPB. I WISH I had 90+mb free with SPB. I'd be sitting pretty! My above post has been edited to be clearer.

Edited by tedkord

hmm ok everything with the zero stock rom is working great but today i tryed to copy some music via usb cable to my phone and i keep getting this error saying the phone has been disconnected and the files dont copy even though activesync still says its connected. but copying through bluetooth worked just fine just very very slow... not sure what the problem is since i never touched any of the usb settings in the phone. any ideas?? anyone else haveing similar issue or just me?

Don't know what might be causing the issue but try NOT using activesync, in your usb settings on phone set it to mass storage then select either storage or my storage(wherever you are putting the files), then it will act just like a thumb drive when you plug it in. If it still gives you a problem then then I would guess there is either a problem with the usb cable or the usb port.

I haven't used active sync yet since flashing this rom I haven't even logged on my windows boot so I don't know if there is a problem with active sync.

Also how long until you think you will have your sense rom up? I've been itching to see if sense runs any better on DG21 and cabbed unoptimized versions just don't cut it.

Guest tedkord

I've been having the activesync disconnect problem since I flashed the first custom ROM on the Omnia II. For copying, set the phone USB connection to mass storage (storage card or main storage, your choice) and copy that way. It's faster anyway.

Guest amdzero
Don't know what might be causing the issue but try NOT using activesync, in your usb settings on phone set it to mass storage then select either storage or my storage(wherever you are putting the files), then it will act just like a thumb drive when you plug it in. If it still gives you a problem then then I would guess there is either a problem with the usb cable or the usb port.

I haven't used active sync yet since flashing this rom I haven't even logged on my windows boot so I don't know if there is a problem with active sync.

Also how long until you think you will have your sense rom up? I've been itching to see if sense runs any better on DG21 and cabbed unoptimized versions just don't cut it.

I'm still playing with sense. Again I'm just not happy with the results, I know we don't have an HTC device, but come on! I'm currently testing out a LEO build that xlightwaverx pointed out.

Its still days away before I'm satisfied with a beta release tho.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

As for the memory, I DID increase the pagepool to 16MB (which cuts into the RAM available) on the lite rom as there is plenty of it available.

Guest xlightwaverx

Yeah sorry about that release. It is the latest Sense I could find and I searched for HTC CDMA Devices with the latest releases and I could have sworn it was the HTC Leo. There shouldn't be any GSM Stuff in it, but apparently there is, unless Sense just ships with all that stuff anyways, or my research on a CDMA phone that led me to the LEO was just incorrect.

Damn google.

X

I'm still playing with sense. Again I'm just not happy with the results, I know we don't have an HTC device, but come on! I'm currently testing out a LEO build that xlightwaverx pointed out.

Its still days away before I'm satisfied with a beta release tho.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

As for the memory, I DID increase the pagepool to 16MB (which cuts into the RAM available) on the litem as there is plenty of it available.