[ROMs]AMDZero Omnia 2 (i920 only) (DG21)

Guest amdzero

Guest urphonesux

flashing to lite rom now

----------starting to hate the memory usage in opera now. phone hasnt crashed yet but i just dont like to look up and see the yellow numbers

maybe ill try using the htc version and see if that helps it

oh yeah forgot to tell you that i have the lady hooked on her second final fantasy game now (ffix was the first)

Chocobos Dungeon on the wii and she loves it!

blackm.jpg

Edited by urphonesux

Guest urphonesux

well i had gotten everything installed and was stable at 97mb free ram BUT

then i went to install my keyboard and it didnt give me full function so i uninstalled it and when it asked to reboot the phone never rebooted so i just flashed and im gonna knock the kybd out first

Guest urphonesux

as is to be expected this rom is MUCH faster than the previous lite rom

and so far right now after installing everything my free ram has settled at 100mb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and thanks for figuring out the input menu issue

the phone rotates so much faster now (error was on my end)

Edited by urphonesux

Guest Fogfire
1) I'm not quite sure about the color thing. If you just want to change the colors in SPB MS 3.5.5, then no you can't as I put a custom mod to it. If you mean changing the windows mobile colors then you can do that in the registry.

2) see cab below

AMDZero_original_Powerbutton_dialog.cab

Thanks for the CAB that is great.

I have used some themes I found and wallpapers in SPB to get me what I want in color

This ROM is really good. Thanks!!!

Guest urphonesux

after running the flavored opera i went down to 68, after closing it i went back up to 88

after running sktool registry optimizer i settle at 101mb now BEFORE using opera mobile 10

Guest urphonesux

after assigning my softkeys to autoclean! and mainmenu i now am at 88mb

i think it was the full main menu that added the most.

think im gonna try some other options to free up ram and if they dont work im reassigning my softkeys to something simple

a 7mb loss from lite to MINE isnt that bad

depending on today the phone may stay this way for a while

Edited by urphonesux

Guest arrowana
after assigning my softkeys to autoclean! and mainmenu i now am at 88mb

i think it was the full main menu that added the most.

think im gonna try some other options to free up ram and if they dont work im reassigning my softkeys to something simple

a 7mb loss from lite to MINE isnt that bad

depending on today the phone may stay this way for a while

You got 88MB w/ SPB?

Guest Fogfire

New question:

How do I get SMS to stop including the previous text on reply.

I have turned it off in the MS options but in Zerostock the reply goes to jinbox to write and send which I don't mind. BUT it always includes the previos SMS.

Guest spocko

I have loaded ZeroStock and it seems to be working well. Thanks a bunch to AMDZero!

I'm a newbie on WinMo, so please forgive me if these are dumb questions. I'd like to be able to make a few tweaks to the appearance:

- Change the soft keys at the bottom of the Today screen to rename "My Conta...". See first screenshot in post #4.

- Change the 3 buttons on the bottom of the main menu to restore the stock buttons.

Can anyone tell me if those changes are possible by tweaking something (i.e. without cooking a new ROM), and if so please point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Edited by spocko

Guest urphonesux

for your first question google keyswop

second question I don't think you can

to get rid of the original text when replying to sms

either flash to one of the updated roms or use t the fix I posted in the reg tweaks thread

Guest somato

Does the light rom still use splugins.cpr (boo) instead of Titanium.cpr (yay)? Not sure if the "Titanium with some splugins" means that it's still using splugins.cpr or that it just includes some of the samsung plugins (sclock, stext, etc).

Guest amdzero
Does the light rom still use splugins.cpr (boo) instead of Titanium.cpr (yay)? Not sure if the "Titanium with some splugins" means that it's still using splugins.cpr or that it just includes some of the samsung plugins (sclock, stext, etc).

I'm using titanium.cpr with some splugins FOR titanium.

as for main menu...

mainmenu.zip

modify these images, keeping the proper resolution size, and I'll inject them into the mainmenu that you want.

as for the keys at the bottom, try to look at the below registry keys.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112]

@="My Contacts"

"Open"="\\Windows\\Phonebook.lnk"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\113]

@="Settings"

I suggest dotfred taskmanager if you don't already use it:http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm

Guest Fogfire
for your first question google keyswop

second question I don't think you can

to get rid of the original text when replying to sms

either flash to one of the updated roms or use t the fix I posted in the reg tweaks thread

I am on the newest version of ZeroStock 1.2 (DG21)

And those regfixs are full of settings that have nothing to do with this problem.. I am not ready to just move someone's entire settings into my registry

I have tried finding which specific settings will fix this so far no go.

Part of the problem is I am in SPB MS.. so It opens the message in the Windows Messaging app but all replies are pushed into jinbox and it always has the previous text.

Maybe I need to ask for the settings so that jinbox replies only to jinbox and windows messagin only replys to Windows messaging. I think it might be the hand off process from one to the other that is creating the problem.

UPDATE OK I FIXED THIS FOR ME: :)

Problem: In SPB MS 3.5 I would open the SMS. It opens in MS Inbox. When I hit reply it would move to Jinbox to compose the message including the text from the other persons message in the body. Deleting the previous text is VERY annoying...

All I had to do was change this Setting from 1 to 0 which turns on inbox threading which is fine for replies for me

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM:SMSInboxThreadingDisabled=0

It apears just turning on threading .. stops the hand off to Jinbox and keeps it in Inbox where I already turned off include previous message..

But Sending a new message via contacts still opens the Samsung app with its nice tool bars and easy way to add multiple recipents etc.

This is prefect for how I message out of SPB....

Edited by Fogfire

Guest tedkord

OK, I give up! I just can't figure this issue out, and now I think it's a ROM issue, because I just flashed fresh and tried it without installing anything.

In the power settings, I set the backlight off from the stock 15sec to 60sec under battery power, and it constantly defaults back to 15sec. Not right away. Sometimes it survives a soft reset, sometimes not. Sometimes it doesn't even last until a reset. I've set it via MS settings for backlight, and under power settings in the touchwiz settings menu, individually and both at the same time. It just won't stay at 60sec.

The real rub is every other backlight power setting stays - under battery, device off stays at 2 minutes. Under external power, I have backlihgt set off at never, and device off at never, and those don't revert. Only backlihgt off under battery power keeps going back to 15 sec. Am I really the only one this is happening to? (DG21 ZeroLite, both 1.0 and 1.2. It also happened with DG21 ZeroBase 1.0)

The only other nag for me is, when I first flashed the DG21 Zerolite 1.0, I had 152mb or 154mb total program memory, but since then, every flash has the usual 144mb total. Those extra 8-10 mb were awful nice, as I pretty much always stayed above 50mb free. This isn't really an issue, I just wish I could figure out what changed - this even happens when I re-flash the Lite 1.0, 144mb total.

FInally, let me add a thought. I seem to recall a while back someone here dissecting an SCH-i920, and it looked like RAM and ROM were all contained on a single unit of nand flash (IIRC). Perhaps, since the chefs are slimming the firmware quite a bit, there's a way to shrink the ROM portion of the flash, and attribute it to RAM, increasing available program memory? Way beyond me, but is this possible?

Edited by tedkord

Guest Robtao

Does anyone use GAlarm?

With 6.5 ROMs I have a zero failure rate to wake up in the AM.

With Lite, Stock, or Base 6.5.x ROMS, my phone occasionally fails to wake up and play. When I wake up on my own, and check the phone, when I turn it on, it opens GAlarm and starts to play (like I won't notice it is late!).

I am wondering if anyone has a solution to the wake up reliability issue. I really need this to work without fail. And I really like GAlarm, with its flexibility to play my music, my snooze times, etc.

Guest amdzero
Does anyone use GAlarm?

With 6.5 ROMs I have a zero failure rate to wake up in the AM.

With Lite, Stock, or Base 6.5.x ROMS, my phone occasionally fails to wake up and play. When I wake up on my own, and check the phone, when I turn it on, it opens GAlarm and starts to play (like I won't notice it is late!).

I am wondering if anyone has a solution to the wake up reliability issue. I really need this to work without fail. And I really like GAlarm, with its flexibility to play my music, my snooze times, etc.

I used to use galarm a lot on my i910, but since they started charging money for it, I quit using it.

Now I just use the built in samsung alarm. Hasn't failed to wake me up YET!

Guest xlightwaverx

I think the alarm failure is tied into the notification that your battery is done charging. it seems that if that notification gets flagged (ie, you goto bed, plug your phone in, and the charge completes before your alarm goes off) your alarm WILL NOT go off. We had this problem (well I did) back when we started messing with Sense alot. It has caused me quite a bit of trouble because of the phone's alarm failures. i believe there is a fix for this about the never ending charging complete notification and how it can be removed. I think AMD might have (or should :)) have it in his ROMS already. I ran a few tests and have my alarm function properly if left unplugged in. I try to charge it completely before I go to bed for the night to make sure it works properly. Try it and post your results.

An uncharging phone should wake up normally. Keep us posted.

X

I used to use galarm a lot on my i910, but since they started charging money for it, I quit using it.

Now I just use the built in samsung alarm. Hasn't failed to wake me up YET!